Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: friedablass
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Be mindful of the the 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new credit cards in 24 months can result in an application denial. For up-to-date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020-present).

Marriott cards eligibility chart:

https://frequentmiler.com/marriott-card-eligible/

PERSONAL CARD
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card
https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...nvoy/boundless

100K points for making $3,000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. 6x at Marriott, 3x on grocery/gas/dining (up to $6K/year), 2x on travel and everything else.

BUSINESS CARDS
Business card now issued by AMEX. https://creditcard.americanexpress.c...nvoy-business/

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
The questions above about "how long to wait" & CL are not specific to Marriott cards. I'd suggest that these questions be asked in the "Applying for Chase Personal Cards" thread. It is a more active thread. And then search that thread for your questions. A 4 day wait is generally long enough after a card closure. Happy Father's Day to all the father's out there.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Any idea how long this offer is expected to last? Currently have the Boundless, but was expecting to cancel it when AF posts in September and would be open to cancel early. Have had it for more than 24 months at this time.
Says it ends July 21. https://www.marriott.com/credit-cards.mi
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:10 am

Free certificates don't work well for me as I usually use on vacations where I prefer rooms with the best views. I hate to "cheap out" and use certificates just because I have them. Best memories from past trips have always involved a room with a great view(with a balcony).
mia likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Usually I would prefer points, no expiration, more flexible in general. But I have a very specific trip in mind where five certs would be useful. It’s a city property, so views and balconies don’t matter.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Does holding a Canadian Marriott Amex count as being a current cardmember for the purposes of getting the SUB on a US card? I haven't had any US Marriott card before. I can cancel my Canadian card if need be, but I'd like to keep it open if possible.
Hoping someone knows the answer to this!
Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:47 pm

Programs: Lotz
Got instant approval for the 5-night SUB today with $25K credit line in spite of having many Chase cards. But I learned my lesson getting shut down by Chase during the last recession for too much credit exposure. I call and lower my Chase credit lines to a couple thousand each.

Heard that 1 year free night certs are usually extended another year by Marriott even before pandemic.

My favorite hotel anywhere is the Westin Hapuna Bay and upon checking it seems it is just over 50K night after September 1. (I was also impressed by the Royal Palm South Beach for upgrades which is 50ish high season.) Don't know how I'll ever get back in the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Thanks for the more precise info. According to my spreadsheet I opened my original Marriott Visa card account in 2015 and upgraded to the Marriott Plus (Premier?) card (which I think was later renamed Bonvoy Boundless) in December 2018 (received an upgrade bonus).

In any case, it’s been more than 24 months since I received a bonus. I think I will call and cancel the card tomorrow and then see if this offer is still available in 30+ days.
In my case, I still have the personal Amex MR card, and thus cannot get the new bonus. I previously had the Chase MR card as well but cancelled in 2019. I may also cancel the Amex and hope that the 5x50K SUB is still available in 30+days.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by tassojunior
...... Don't know how I'll ever get back in the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay.
CASH, baby.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:00 am

Data point: closed boundless card on June 9th and applied today and was approved, 18 days.
notquiteaff and mildfrequence like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Hoping someone knows the answer to this!
The terms list the cards that you cannot have to get the SUB, it only lists US cards
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Can you receive the sign up bonus if you currently have the Briliant card?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Can you receive the sign up bonus if you currently have the Briliant card?
Depends WHEN you received the bonus for the Brilliant card.

The bonus is not available to you if you:

are a current cardmember, or were a previous cardmember within the last 30 days, of Marriott Bonvoy® American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express);
are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months; or
Read full terms here: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...ual/nonaep/LTO
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Where are you seeing this? I've combed through all the verbiage and can't find it.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by theplayer
Data point: closed boundless card on June 9th and applied today and was approved, 18 days.
Do you recall if your old Boundless account showed closed on the credit bureaus before applying again? Closed mine June 19 but still shows open on Chase Credit Journey and elsewhere.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:06 pm

Does Chase deposit the free night certificates at statement close or upon completing spend?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.