Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Freedom/Freedom Flex Q4 2020 bonus categories: PayPal & Walmart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Freedom/Freedom Flex Q4 2020 bonus categories: PayPal & Walmart

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2020, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by RNE
How long does a PPK remain active? (I created one this month thinking I would need it but I unexpectedly* maxed out Q4 spend yesterday.) And should I care if it expires?

*Sweet deal on a high-end laptop.
Look at the key - the expiration date is on it just like any other virtual card - mine is 9/23. Just switch to a different freedom/flex card to take advantage of its $1500 quarterly 5% on Paypal. - use "manage key" to change the card used.
RNE likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Paypal and Samsung Pay

Is there anyway to use this to utilize the 5x points?
Old Oct 18, 2020, 5:21 pm

Love this quarter!

Wal-Mart is easy. Papyal is easy. Should easily max out my Freedom.

Considering getting a Freedom Flex to double the limit. Though in a lot of quarters, I don't hit the limits.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 8:30 am
RNE

I only recently discovered PPK. Thanks to it, I'll be able to max-out this quarter... which is not always easy given that the wife and I have four* Freedom/Freedom Flex cards between us. That's $6000/quarter category spend. Every quarter. Year in and year out.

*Soon to be five.

RNE, on a UR-hoarding treadmill hell of my own making.
txpenny and majorkirkus like this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
Is there anyway to use this to utilize the 5x points?
According to a Doctor of Credit post, PPK does not work with Samsung Pay and mixed results for Google Pay.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 10:49 am

Weird posting with PPK. A 10/11 purchase just posted for me today but with a 10/16 transaction date. It originally showed in pending immediately but then dropped out and only showed up in posted transactions today with the later date. Weird.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
Weird posting with PPK. A 10/11 purchase just posted for me today but with a 10/16 transaction date. It originally showed in pending immediately but then dropped out and only showed up in posted transactions today with the later date. Weird.
My first test charge did that too. But the others seem to be authorizing and posting like normal.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by roder
When I go to make a person-to-person payment on my Chase Freedom Card via PayPal, it warns me that it will likely be classified as a cash advance. Anyone have any data points as to whether or not this is true?

Bump on this - anyone with other data points? I get the same message.

PPK is a good backup but would rather send to friend.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I used the PayPal QR/regular bar code option instore recently as I don't use a mobile wallet that works with PPKEY and there was the CVS promo.

This is my first PayPal transaction where PayPal was not in the merchant prefix. It also appears Chase added PayPal as a transaction type like contactless or CNP which is interesting.

Anyway, it still got 5x for Freedom. There are not many instore merchants and the auth process is slow so unless there is a promo, I am unsure I would go through the trouble.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Shouldn't the 2021 Q1 5X categories be up by now? Any info?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 1:36 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by richiezc
Shouldn't the 2021 Q1 5X categories be up by now?
Not until the 15th, typically they are leaked to promotional partners a day early.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by mia
Not until the 15th, typically they are leaked to promotional partners a day early.
They are on the UR portal. Will post a separate topic shortly
Old Dec 15, 2020, 1:19 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
I and SO have 2 CF cards but never maxed out the quarterly categories
Looking at this thread, I understand that there are three possible avenues to maximize -
- Buy GC's thru Walmart (pay the GC fee BUT can we not buy Walmart GC which has no charge?
- Pay taxes or some other bills in advance (usually a charge between 1.5-2%)
- Use Paypal Key (I read some places that Amex has restricted/closed many accounts using PPK, so Chase may follow?)

Seems I am probably missing some tricks here? Never maximized the quarterly bonus's so trying to start learning this now
Any guidance will be nice, thx

Originally Posted by RNE
I only recently discovered PPK. Thanks to it, I'll be able to max-out this quarter... which is not always easy given that the wife and I have four* Freedom/Freedom Flex cards between us. That's $6000/quarter category spend. Every quarter. Year in and year out.

*Soon to be five.

RNE, on a UR-hoarding treadmill hell of my own making.
Wow, this is great.. Would not hurt to learn more.
Curious on how PPK is being used

Last edited by mia; Dec 15, 2020 at 2:46 pm
Old Dec 15, 2020, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
- Pay taxes or some other bills in advance (usually a charge between 1.5-2%)
- Use Paypal Key (I read some places that Amex has restricted/closed many accounts using PPK, so Chase may follow?)
You can pay taxes with your PPK and run it as a debit card. $1500 in spend for a fee of ~$2.50. That's what I did since I felt extremely lazy. And it's cost efficient.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 2:45 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
You can pay taxes with your PPK and run it as a debit card. $1500 in spend for a fee of ~$2.50. That's what I did since I felt extremely lazy. And it's cost efficient.
I created ppk earlier today and prepaid some of my monthly bills.. seems taxes payment are being blocked since last few days from what I read on the net.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.