how contact online fraud alert team?

Old Jun 30, 20, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

how contact online fraud alert team?

I received a chase fraud alert that a new computer was added to my online account; preceded by a account transaction code that was sent. This was in early morning hours, so I didn't see the alerts until later.

I have been several hours trying to trace down a person who can help with online account alerts and fix the problem. I universally am told by different chase customer service reps that nothing can be done unless there is a fraudulent transaction on a card.

Can I get any advice on what to do about someone accessing my online account? I have changed the password.
Old Jun 30, 20, 2:19 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by mmthomas44 View Post
....someone accessing my online account? ....
It sounds as if someone attempted to access your account, but failed because the code was sent to you. This can easily happen if another customer uses a similar Username, and inadvertently types yours while attempting to login. What is it that you think Chase could do?
Old Jun 30, 20, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
It sounds as if someone attempted to access your account, but failed because the code was sent to you. This can easily happen if another customer uses a similar Username, and inadvertently types yours while attempting to login. What is it that you think Chase could do?
Based on the authentication behavior I see when signing into a new device, I don't think a simple accidental use of a username would trigger that. I get alerts that a new device is added when a username and password is correctly put in on a new device, but I don't remember if they are sent before a 2FA prompt or after a successful 2FA login (with the code)

mmthomas44, there is a way to see what devices are logged in. There is an accountsafe option in the app (under profile -> sign in and security) and desktop (profile & settings -> accountsafe) where you can see devices that have signed in to your account. But unfortunately I don't see an option to sign out all sessions.
notquiteaff and pcoll like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: