Flying Blue transfer issues

Old May 17, 2020, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PRO, BA S
Flying Blue transfer issues

Apologies if there’s already a thread for this, the one relevant one I found was closed.

tldr: anyone having trouble transferring UR to flying blue right now?

is anyone having trouble linking their UR account to their flying blue number? I got the “special handling required” error on the website when I tried to link the two account pre-transfer for both my and my partners accounts. At first a chase rep though it might be because my account is First M Last and my flying blue account is just First Last but they fixed my account name and it still has the same issue (fwiw when I try to set up the link it just says my account name as First Last). I also tried it with my wife’s account and her account names match properly and she gets the same issue.
Old May 17, 2020, 7:00 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Has there been previous mileage earning activity on both Flying Blue accounts?

See this 2017 discussion in the FlyingBlue forun: Validity of transfered miles (FB are not following their own T&C)

Last edited by mia; May 17, 2020 at 7:24 pm
Old May 18, 2020, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PRO, BA S
I do not have qualifying activity in the accounts. But the issue is more that I can’t even link the accounts to my UR Account. I was able to transfer Amex points over no problem just not chase.

though the thread you linked has given me yet another leg of anxiety. Starting to question why I decided to move points to AF in general.
Old May 23, 2020, 9:17 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The 2018 FB program changes split miles into two categories- flight and non-flight. (They come back together when you redeem them for a flight) Each type has their own two year earning requirement to prevent expiration. So it's actually better now than it used to be to store non-flight miles in a FB account since just a token shopping portal action or small point transfer from a credit card program pushes out the expiration date on that type of mile.
Old May 23, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Whenever I try to transfer UR points to an account that is not already saved in my profile, I get the “special handling required” error message. Including once when the moving webpage caused me to accidentatly erase my Hyatt details and I went to add them again! But one call to CS was all it took to get them (re-)added.
I think it helps Chase enforce the "own accounts only" rule.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Any recent problems transferring Chase points to a new Flying Blue account?

FIL deciding late in the game whether he wants to visit us in Amsterdam this month [he qualifies for an exemption on the quarantine], looks like the best way will be an FB award. He has the Chase points, but I recall there may have been snags reported by people trying to transfer to a freshly minted FB account. If he just has to call in then that's no problem, if there's something in the rules preventing such an award ticket on a new account though that'd be a killer.

Cheers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.