Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 1, 2020, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Chase regularly offers 3-month spending bonuses at chase.com/mybonus.
Chase Spend and Get Offers | My Bonus | Chase.com

These bonuses have the following characteristics:
  • Offers are not visible in your Chase online account. You can view them only through the portal at the link above. Viewing an offer automatically registers your card for it.
  • Offers are individually targeted. You may receive a different offer, or none at all, on a card type for which another FTer reports a bonus.
  • A given card will have, at most, one applicable bonus offer at a time.
  • Offers are typically for higher multiples of miles/points per dollar spent. Note that when an offer is for “10x on gas spend,” that means 10 points or miles per dollar total, including any category bonus native to the relevant card.
    • If you downgrade a qualifying card during an offer period, the offer will still apply, but you will receive only the incremental benefit relative to the new card’s built-in category bonus, if any. For example, the Chase IHG Premier card always earns 5x on dining, so a 10x quarterly offer is worth an extra 5 points/dollar. If you downgrade to the IHG Traveler card (native 3x dining bonus), you will receive 8 total points per dollar (native 3x plus the promotional 5 points/dollar) for spending during the offer period.
    • On very rare occasions, an offer may be for a fixed bonus contingent on the cardholder making a certain number of transactions of a minimum value. (For an early 2022 instance of this—5,000 UR for making 15 purchases of at least $2 each—see this post.)
  • Most offers are for generic categories (gas, grocery, dining, etc.). On occasion, however, an offer may be for purchases with a specific Chase partner using the applicable co-branded card (e.g., United Airlines, Hyatt, IHG) or for a large merchant such as Amazon (Q422).
  • Offers are usually capped at $1500 in spend. In some cases, however, the cap may be higher, e.g., extra miles on up to $6,000 in purchases from United Airlines on a United card.
  • Bonuses are typically for standard quarterly periods, but offers may also run for other three-month periods (e.g., June/July/August). It is generally worth checking on, or even shortly before, the first of each month for any card that doesn’t currently have an associated offer.
    • If you have a Q3 offer, you won’t be able to see any Q4 offer on that card until the Q3 offer expires. That said, Chase may send you an email notification a few days before the cutoff allowing you to view & pre-register for the upcoming offer.
For discussion of “Chase Offers”—short-term (usually <30 days) percentage discounts with specific merchants (not categories)—see "Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards), including the wiki at the top of each page.

Print Wikipost

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2021, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bgriff
I also wasn't targeted on the last Hyatt bonus but got this one. My Marriott card also has 5x total points on all spend up to $1500 Apr 1-Jun 30 (which hadn't shown up when I'm pretty sure I'd last tried this in late March and early April).

Surprisingly I just got an email from Chase offering this promo for my UA Explorer card (6X UA, 5X gas/travel). It was not eligible when I checked a few days ago.

Since that card was also eligible for the 5X all spend April-June promo, I wonder how these two promos will work together. If I spend money on gas or travel in June, will it count towards the $1500 limit of the April-June promo or the May-Aug promo?
Old May 12, 2021, 9:49 pm

Got an email of 5% cashback on travel and gas on my Amazon card from 5/15 to 8/15. Activation required.
Old May 12, 2021, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Surprisingly I just got an email from Chase offering this promo for my UA Explorer card (6X UA, 5X gas/travel). It was not eligible when I checked a few days ago.
So what happens if I cancel a UA reservation that comes with a refund during the promo period? (that was paid for prior to the promo starting)

Do they take away 6x points? If so, registering may end up costing me points.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by LAX
Just out of curiosity. What if the initial $300 spent on travel that earns no UR point get refunded? Is the system "smart" enough to recognize that and the subsequent $300 then won't earn any UR point?

LAX
Unfortunately not. Hotel accidentally charged me for an award stay, then refunded me. Chase awarded 0 on the initial charge, then took away 3x on the refund

Originally Posted by econ
So what happens if I cancel a UA reservation that comes with a refund during the promo period? (that was paid for prior to the promo starting)

Do they take away 6x points? If so, registering may end up costing me points.
My guess is yes.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
In my limited experience with 3 or 4 new Chase cards in the past year, these offers are never approved for a new account. Seems that new accounts are not approved until the next promotion start date after account approval. Have other people had similar experiences? Thank you.
Other generalizations seem to be that an account is not eligible (or approved) for a new promotion if it’s still in the middle of the immediate previous promotion (or was eligible or approved for the immediate previous promotion) and that these promotions do not apply to Chase business card accounts.

Anyone else with similar experience(s)?
Old May 14, 2021, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Other generalizations seem to be that an account is not eligible (or approved) for a new promotion if it’s still in the middle of the immediate previous promotion (or was eligible or approved for the immediate previous promotion) and that these promotions do not apply to Chase business card accounts.

So when the Mid-May to Aug promo was “announced” on DoC, I checked all my Chase cards. Only Hyatt card was eligible, and that turned out to be the one card that wasn’t eligible for the April-June spend promo.

Fast forward and over the course of this week I have gotten emails offering me the Mid-May to Aug promo for my UA Explorer and Marriott cards. Both were also targeted for the 5X on everything April-June promo.

The only card that was not targeted for the Mid-May to Aug promo is my Marriott card. https://www.chase.com/mybonus continues to show the April-June promo.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Got an email of 5% cashback on travel and gas on my Amazon card from 5/15 to 8/15. Activation required.
Also got this on my Amazon card, although it wouldn't let me activate until today. Note $1500 spend limit (on my offer at least).
SPN Lifer and ithinkurdumb like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:31 am

[joel]

Last edited by beltway; Apr 15, 2024 at 2:21 pm
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
I just got an offer on my Chase United Biz card: 5x on shipping & home-improvement store purchases (up to $10K) from 6/1 to 8/31. Appears to be a public offer: https://www.chase.com/mybonus/unitedbiz21
I got it in my Ink Cash at https://www.chase.com/mybonus
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:44 am

[cut]

Last edited by beltway; Apr 15, 2024 at 2:20 pm
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:55 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too

I got two overlapping promotions on my Marriott Premier card -- a 5x points on all spend offer Apr 1-Jun 30 and then an offer for bonus points on Marriott, travel, and gas purchases May 15-Aug 15 that was available to activate before the previous one had expired. That said, some charges I made seeking the first bonus after activating the second bonus posted to my Marriott account without the bonus points (although Chase customer service promises me the bonus points will come at some point), so it may be that having two offers active at once causes other issues.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bgriff
I got two overlapping promotions on my Marriott Premier card -- a 5x points on all spend offer Apr 1-Jun 30 and then an offer for bonus points on Marriott, travel, and gas purchases May 15-Aug 15 that was available to activate before the previous one had expired. That said, some charges I made seeking the first bonus after activating the second bonus posted to my Marriott account without the bonus points (although Chase customer service promises me the bonus points will come at some point), so it may be that having two offers active at once causes other issues.

As mentioned in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33247188-post346.html I have the overlapping promos on my UA Explorer card. No issues getting 5X so far, and I should have maxed out my initial $1500 just about now. Not sure how they would count travel that qualifies under both promos . does it go against the earlier promo’s limit first?
Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:46 pm

Looks like all the ink Biz cards are getting 5x back on shipping/home improvement stores (up to 10,000$) until the end of August. Huge if you've got a big home improvement project coming up.

Chase Freedom was of course already 5x but only up to 1500$. Huge added bonus.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jm192
Looks like all the ink Biz cards are getting 5x back on shipping/home improvement stores (up to 10,000$) until the end of August. Huge if you've got a big home improvement project coming up.

Chase Freedom was of course already 5x but only up to 1500$. Huge added bonus.
Not all Ink Biz cards are receiving this; it is targeted. And, technically, it is a bonus category, not a “Chase Offer.”
Old Jun 9, 2021, 4:49 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Not all Ink Biz cards are receiving this; it is targeted.
We have three Ink cards. Not a one was targeted. Believe me, I've checked, as we could put the shipping bonus to good use. One of the cards got the bonus during first quarter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.