Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 1, 2020, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Chase regularly offers 3-month spending bonuses at chase.com/mybonus.
Chase Spend and Get Offers | My Bonus | Chase.com

These bonuses have the following characteristics:
  • Offers are not visible in your Chase online account. You can view them only through the portal at the link above. Viewing an offer automatically registers your card for it.
  • Offers are individually targeted. You may receive a different offer, or none at all, on a card type for which another FTer reports a bonus.
  • A given card will have, at most, one applicable bonus offer at a time.
  • Offers are typically for higher multiples of miles/points per dollar spent. Note that when an offer is for “10x on gas spend,” that means 10 points or miles per dollar total, including any category bonus native to the relevant card.
    • If you downgrade a qualifying card during an offer period, the offer will still apply, but you will receive only the incremental benefit relative to the new card’s built-in category bonus, if any. For example, the Chase IHG Premier card always earns 5x on dining, so a 10x quarterly offer is worth an extra 5 points/dollar. If you downgrade to the IHG Traveler card (native 3x dining bonus), you will receive 8 total points per dollar (native 3x plus the promotional 5 points/dollar) for spending during the offer period.
    • On very rare occasions, an offer may be for a fixed bonus contingent on the cardholder making a certain number of transactions of a minimum value. (For an early 2022 instance of this—5,000 UR for making 15 purchases of at least $2 each—see this post.)
  • Most offers are for generic categories (gas, grocery, dining, etc.). On occasion, however, an offer may be for purchases with a specific Chase partner using the applicable co-branded card (e.g., United Airlines, Hyatt, IHG) or for a large merchant such as Amazon (Q422).
  • Offers are usually capped at $1500 in spend. In some cases, however, the cap may be higher, e.g., extra miles on up to $6,000 in purchases from United Airlines on a United card.
  • Bonuses are typically for standard quarterly periods, but offers may also run for other three-month periods (e.g., June/July/August). It is generally worth checking on, or even shortly before, the first of each month for any card that doesn’t currently have an associated offer.
    • If you have a Q3 offer, you won’t be able to see any Q4 offer on that card until the Q3 offer expires. That said, Chase may send you an email notification a few days before the cutoff allowing you to view & pre-register for the upcoming offer.
For discussion of “Chase Offers”—short-term (usually <30 days) percentage discounts with specific merchants (not categories)—see "Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards), including the wiki at the top of each page.

Print Wikipost

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2020, 12:03 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
According to DoC, it's been extended through September 30:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...omo-7-15-9-15/
Is the extension targeted? I never got the email.

LAX
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LAX
Is the extension targeted? I never got the email.

LAX
I don't think anyone got an email about this extension. Chase is poor about communicating such things.

It mentions the new end date on the offer landing page:

https://www.chase.com/mybonus/marriott31

You can re-enroll if you want to be on the safe side. (I just did, though it made me go to another site to do it, for some stupid reason. It said my card was no eligible, redirected me to a generic site to put my card info, and then confirmed for the very same promo. Twice, in fact. Chase is goofy. ) It all says "enroll by Sept 15", so you may only have one more day to do this re-enrollment if you really want to do it.

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 14, 2020 at 9:09 pm
Old Sep 14, 2020, 11:44 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't think anyone got an email about this extension. Chase is poor about communicating such things.

It mentions the new end date on the offer landing page:

https://www.chase.com/mybonus/marriott31

You can re-enroll if you want to be on the safe side. (I just did, though it made me go to another site to do it, for some stupid reason. It said my card was no eligible, redirected me to a generic site to put my card info, and then confirmed for the very same promo. Twice, in fact. Chase is goofy. ) It all says "enroll by Sept 15", so you may only have one more day to do this re-enrollment if you really want to do it.
I had read on another blog that someone was contacted via email. I did re-enroll for the promo with the extended date. Thanks.

LAX
sdsearch likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Bumping thread to ask two questions:
1. Did anyone figure out a way to prepay for streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, and Spotify? You would think these companies would be happy to take my money up front and lock in my subscription, but oddly it doesn't seem I can. I am hoping the creative hivemind at FT may have figured something out to maximize the 10x prior to 9/30 expiration.
2. Any announcements of new bonus categories starting October 1st? The bonuses the last ~6 months have been nice, and have sure made it a lot easier to justify paying my CSR annual fee instead of closing it due to lack of travel.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Bumping thread to ask two questions:
1. Did anyone figure out a way to prepay for streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, and Spotify? You would think these companies would be happy to take my money up front and lock in my subscription, but oddly it doesn't seem I can. I am hoping the creative hivemind at FT may have figured something out to maximize the 10x prior to 9/30 expiration.
2. Any announcements of new bonus categories starting October 1st? The bonuses the last ~6 months have been nice, and have sure made it a lot easier to justify paying my CSR annual fee instead of closing it due to lack of travel.
Spotify: 6 months of Premium free then 5% off with CSR if enrolled by 30 September
Old Sep 23, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Spotify: 6 months of Premium free then 5% off with CSR if enrolled by 30 September
Is that new customers only? My issue is we already have Premium; I just want to prepay for another year or two during this promo.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 8:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Is that new customers only? My issue is we already have Premium; I just want to prepay for another year or two during this promo.
Yes, new customers.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Chase adds grocery bonus (3x for CSR, 2x for CSP) through April 2021

According to TPG, they added grocery bonuses for CSR and CSP through April. You can also use the travel credit for groceries, restaurants and gas through June 2021.

Honestly Chase should just add 3x grocery to the CSR on a permanent basis, it would make the card much more competitive with the likes of Amex Gold for those that prefer the Chase ecosystem
notquiteaff, Mr. BoH and TEDisgone like this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Travel credit for groceries/restaurants/gas is a good add. That might be enough for me to keep the CSR when it comes up for renewal and at least wait and see how things evolve over the next year with Travel/COVID and then a year from now when I'm definitely eligible for the CSP on the 48 month rule, I can always make a change if I need to protect my points but don't want to keep paying the fee.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...ional-options/

Chase announced today two enhancements to the Sapphire card lineup:

Sapphire Reserve link | Sapphire Preferred link
  • The Sapphire Reserve and Preferred cards will earn a bonus multiplier at grocery stores on up to $1,000 per month. This benefit begins on November 1, 2020 and ends on April 30, 2021. Multiplier will be as follows:
    • 3x with Sapphire Reserve
    • 2x with Sapphire Preferred
  • The $300 travel credit will be able to be received from gas and grocery purchases through June 30, 2021 (in addition to travel purchases being an option as well).

The Chase site for the CSR has this fine print:

Earn 3 total points (“3X total points”) at Grocery Stores through 4/30/21: You’ll earn a total of 3 points for each $1 spent on up to $1,000 in total purchases each month during the promotional period in the grocery store category from 11/1/2020 through 4/30/2021. That’s 2 points on top of the 1 point you already earn on grocery store purchases with your card. For more information about Chase rewards categories, see chase.com/RewardsCategoryFAQs. Purchases posted to your account with a transaction date during the offer period are eligible for this offer. Delays by the merchant, such as shipping, could extend the transaction date beyond the offer period. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after qualifying purchases post to your account for points to post to your account. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This bonus offer is non-transferable.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty MEH enhancement.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
It's pretty good compared to Amex where the $200 airline credit is 100% useless.
notquiteaff, Duke787 and TEDisgone like this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
It's pretty good compared to Amex where the $200 airline credit is 100% useless.
Yup. It will shift my grocery spend from my Everyday (2X MR) to my CSR for the next six months. 3X, plus PYB, plus more transactions that PYB can actually be applied to. Not life changing, but still a good change for me personally.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Well Amex Gold gives you 4x on groceries on a permanent basis, so this doesn’t really do much to displace that. Also Amex Platinum effectively replaced the $200 airline fee credit with streaming and wireless credits...
Happy likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
4.5% with PYB. I like it.
shdflyer, EkekoBWI and Duke787 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.