Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Provided he has not received a bonus for Sapphire Reserve or Sapphire Preferred in the past 48 months...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ug-2018-a.html
He has only received Chase Ink Business bonuses.
mia likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 12:37 pm

Chase just slashed my Ink Preferred CL to $12K, barely a month after I had consolidated it to $20K (closed the only other business card I had). Still happy that they went through with the approval though as I met the $15K spend quite easily for some infrastructure expenses that were needed anyways for office.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Do we actually know that the requirement for #2 is a business banking relationship or would a personal banking relationship suffice?

Regards
I've been wondering this as well. I'd like to open a Chase Sapphire checking account if/when they offer 60k bonus UR points again, but I don't really want to open a business checking account with Chase as my existing business account at another bank is already linked to my accounting software, my client's ACH system, etc. Does anyone know if a personal checking account would suffice for having sufficient accounts. I also have CSR, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, and a United card, & I used to have Ink cards but canceled them...not sure if that will make a positiveor negative difference (or any difference at all). Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold
instantly approved for Sapphire preferred

Originally Posted by susiesan
He has only received Chase Ink Business bonuses.
I did an online Sapphire Preferred app for my husband from his current account portal. He was instantly approved with a $19,700 credit line. I will be able to put the $4K spend on in one month and he will get 60K bonus UR points. His current Ink Business is up for the annual fee so I will move the UR points to the Sapphire card and close out and cancel that account.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 5:44 am

Instant turndown for Ink Unlimited

I formed a new LLC in May which is taking over for the sole proprietorship I've operated for many years, and applied online for Ink Unlimited. Instant turndown, no explanation pending the 7-10 day letter (why can't they just send that via online messaging, since I applied while logged in?). Will pursue reconsideration once I get the letter, but it's consistent with the general experiences in this thread.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 4:10 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Anyone tried to apply for Chase Ink Unlimited card recently? Fwiw this is for a real business - established for seven years, about half a million in revenue per year.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 1:57 pm

Here we go. Just applied for the Chase SW RR Performance Business card. I applied through my Chase login. I have been a Sapphire Reserve holder for a couple of year now. Well under the 5/24 rule.

Sure enough, immediately upon submitting my application, I received the "We'll let you know our decision ASAP" message. I should have the initial rejection letter in about a week, after which it's on to the reconsideration gatekeepers. I've got a sole prop in existence for about 3 years with annual revenues north of $70k.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mirak
Here we go. Just applied for the Chase SW RR Performance Business card. I applied through my Chase login. I have been a Sapphire Reserve holder for a couple of year now. Well under the 5/24 rule.

Sure enough, immediately upon submitting my application, I received the "We'll let you know our decision ASAP" message. I should have the initial rejection letter in about a week, after which it's on to the reconsideration gatekeepers. I've got a sole prop in existence for about 3 years with annual revenues north of $70k.
I don't understand your post. "We'll let you know our decision ASAP" does not mean you're rejected. I've gotten that in past and then gotten approved within the next day or so. What else are they supposed to tell if you're not automatically approved? I'm always never automatically approved for any card from any bank, and yet I'm just about never denied either, just approved later.

However, the odds of getting approved for a new Chase business card, independent of what message you get, have plummeted drastically since April of this year (that's why this thread has "April 2020 onward" in the thread title, and that's why this thread spun off as a separate thread then).
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't understand your post. "We'll let you know our decision ASAP" does not mean you're rejected. I've gotten that in past and then gotten approved within the next day or so. What else are they supposed to tell if you're not automatically approved? I'm always never automatically approved for any card from any bank, and yet I'm just about never denied either, just approved later.

However, the odds of getting approved for a new Chase business card, independent of what message you get, have plummeted drastically since April of this year (that's why this thread has "April 2020 onward" in the thread title, and that's why this thread spun off as a separate thread then).
I expect to be denied initially. I’m just providing a data point.
happychic likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
It may be bleak, but all is not lost.

Another datapoint: 10/24 to 20/24 from 2009 through 2018, got to 2/24 (4/24 inc business cards) this month, CPC for 4 years. Just received instant approval for multiple Chase business cards within a few hours of each other. Owner, sole proprietor, 1 employee (me), $50,000 annual revenue/sales, 20 years in business. Feels good to feed the addiction once again.
hurnik, tstauck and 808traveler like this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 8:06 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
It may be bleak, but all is not lost.

Another datapoint: 10/24 to 20/24 from 2009 through 2018, got to 2/24 (4/24 inc business cards) this month, CPC for 4 years. Just received instant approval for multiple Chase business cards within a few hours of each other. Owner, sole proprietor, 1 employee (me), $50,000 annual revenue/sales, 20 years in business. Feels good to feed the addiction once again.
Congrats! Which Chase biz cards?
808traveler likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
… Just received instant approval for multiple Chase business cards within a few hours of each other…
Originally Posted by happychic
Congrats! Which Chase biz cards?
Absolutely not looking for recognition, just providing information, but thank you. One Ink, one airline.

I should have also written that getting to 2/24 was rather burdensome … but 2 instant approvals still didn’t satisfy my greed or addiction enough to prevent me from:

Datapoint addendum: An hour after the 2 instant business card approvals, I applied for a Chase personal card. Got the “Thank you for your request. We need to review …” message. Called 888-609-7805 (Lending) immediately, quick pick-up by a human, long conversation, multiple long holds, transferred to Verification Dept, another long discussion. (Dating myself but during one of the long holds I thought it was a good sign, that multiple long holds were like receiving a thick envelope after a college application.) Still pending! Card not seen on-line today (2 days later), called again, same number, quick human pick-up again, medium length conversation with 2 brief holds, asked about income again, approved with high credit limit which did not have to be reallocated from my existing 1 other Chase personal very high credit limit. Card confirmed in my account online immediately.

The agent I spoke with today was very gracious. Before the approval we discussed that we're both from the same area, a friend of mine had relocated to where she lives now which has a unique climate, her father and I had been in the same business and had trained in the same geographic area. After the approval and my thanking her, I asked about 5/24 which she readily said was a reason for automatic decline. I asked about multiple applications within 1 month or 30 days, she said there was no such policy.

I do wish there was something like Methadone or Antabuse for Credit Card Bonus addiction!

(Footnote: "Traditionally, students could expect to receive large, thick envelopes filled with admissions materials if they were accepted. Students could expect to receive thin, one page letters if they were denied admission, deferred, or waitlisted." Study.com page re: college acceptance letters)
happychic likes this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Sep 18, 2020 at 4:23 pm Reason: clarification and typo correction
Old Sep 18, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by oddhack
I formed a new LLC in May which is taking over for the sole proprietorship I've operated for many years, and applied online for Ink Unlimited. Instant turndown, no explanation pending the 7-10 day letter (why can't they just send that via online messaging, since I applied while logged in?). Will pursue reconsideration once I get the letter, but it's consistent with the general experiences in this thread.
If its the same activity, then your LLC is not a NEW business, simply a different form of organization of the same business. You should show the original begin date of your business activity, not the most recent re-org date.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:51 am

(Footnote: "Traditionally, students could expect to receive large, thick envelopes filled with admissions materials if they were accepted. Students could expect to receive thin, one page letters if they were denied admission, deferred, or waitlisted."
I got a four page rejection letter from Stanford. Was very polite and ego-boosting, aside from the, you know, rejection part.
beltway likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
If its the same activity, then your LLC is not a NEW business, simply a different form of organization of the same business. You should show the original begin date of your business activity, not the most recent re-org date.
That's a good point. Will bring it up if I succeed in reaching a human to discuss it with. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.