Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2020, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ursine1
Looks like the links for business card applications have been pulled, and only personal currently remain?

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/sou...sF20?CELL=6RHZ
No, you just have to go back to that first part of the URL (https://creditcards.chase.com), then you get to choose Business cards, and you can get to a page like this:

https://creditcards.chase.com/card-f...hero&CELL=6303

which (once you scroll through the list) shows the Southwest Business Peformance card among other business cards.

Ie, they simply don't list personal and business cards together. So if you go to a business card list, you won't see personal cards, and if you go a personal cards list, you won't see business cards, because Chase assumes that it's most often different people applying for personal vs business cards. Chase doesn't assume you're just interested in any card that earns points!
Old Jul 21, 2020, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
No, you just have to go back to that first part of the URL (https://creditcards.chase.com), then you get to choose Business cards, and you can get to a page like this:

which (once you scroll through the list) shows the Southwest Business Peformance card among other business cards.

Ie, they simply don't list personal and business cards together. So if you go to a business card list, you won't see personal cards, and if you go a personal cards list, you won't see business cards, because Chase assumes that it's most often different people applying for personal vs business cards. Chase doesn't assume you're just interested in any card that earns points!
When I do that I only see one SW Business card, the SW Performance................you have to log in to your business account to apply.

I see a total 5 Chase Business cards to choose from , 3 are INK, one SW and one UA card................the INK Preferred is 100K but a $15K spend..............with us not travelling I could only do a legit spend of $15K around tax time

I already have the performance business card under a Sole Proprietor which has a different login.

The SW business card comes up as "my offer" and the application only asks my income , title and business type...........Keep in mind the business account this shows up in is for a legit business I used to own but still have an INK card under, the card has been used monthly for 5 plus years and has a $15K CL..............that history may be why I see the offer.

The INK card apps want full business info...............years in business, employees, etc,etc,etc

Last edited by flyer4512; Jul 21, 2020 at 4:04 pm
Old Jul 21, 2020, 3:12 pm

As noted above, that method requires you to log in to an existing Chase account. There is no application link.

Previously, both personal and business cards were shown together on the Southwest website but all business cards have been pulled and that page only shows personal.

I can't seem to find a link anywhere to apply for a Southwest business card that doesn't require an existing Chase account.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 4:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold

I can't seem to find a link anywhere to apply for a Southwest business card that doesn't require an existing Chase account.
Correct. It has been this way, for all Chase business cards, since April 2020. This does not mean there are no application links, only that you must login to use one.
sdsearch and ursine1 like this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As noted above, that method requires you to log in to an existing Chase account. There is no application link.
An application link that is only available if you log into an existing Chase account is still an application link. It's just a different kind of application link.

Did you read the beginning of this thread? Chase made it incredibly harder (in several different ways, the online login requirement not being actually the hardest) to apply for Chase business cards in April 2020. That's why this a new thread specifically about Chase business cards from April 2020 onward.

So if you haven't yet, please go back to the beginning of this thread to see why this is a thread that started only in April 2020.

Chase obviously does not want most people to apply for Chase business credit cards (without a deep business history and an established relationship with Chase) during the economic downturn caused by Covid-19. While pre-April-2020 applying for business cards at Chase worked fine if you applied as if you had no business (your name as company name, your address as company address, your phone as company phone, sole propietor, no years in business, no business income yet), now that's pretty much guaranteed denial at Chase. But if you don't have an established business, lying about having one can get you in big trouble too. So that's what I mean by they simply don't want most people to apply for Chase business cards right now.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 21, 2020 at 9:41 pm
Old Jul 21, 2020, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Correct. It has been this way, for all Chase business cards, since April 2020. This does not mean there are no application links, only that you must login to use one.
Understood. Thanks for the clear answer!
Old Aug 4, 2020, 5:39 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Has anyone applied for Ink Preferred and gotten the bonus a second time?

I used a fake business name when I previously had the Ink Preferred.

Now would I try to use the same name? I have the Ink Cash and the Ink Unlimited under this business name with them.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 6:42 pm
mia

Originally Posted by exp
I used a fake business name when I previously had the Ink Preferred.
If you apply for a Chase business card using anything other than your legal first and last names as the business name, Chase will seek to verify that the business is registered under that name. The existence of other Chase accounts using the name does not appear to overcome this requirement.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:50 pm
exp
Suspended

Not overcome but maybe raise questions, why I have two other business cards with them with a business name and a new app. without one.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 8:35 pm
exp
Suspended

Wow the current Ink Preferred offer requires a spend of $15k!
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by exp
Wow the current Ink Preferred offer requires a spend of $15k!
Somewhat irrelevant given that they've basically stopped issuing the card (for the time being.)
808traveler likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold
which card to apply for?

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Somewhat irrelevant given that they've basically stopped issuing the card (for the time being.)
My husbands's Ink Business Preferred card is up for renewal in September. I was going to have him apply for a new one under a different business name used in the past and get a bonus, then close this card before paying the annual fee. I don't know what to do now. He has over 400K UR points in his account that of course he needs to keep. Which card should I have him apply for to get the maximum bonus and benefits for? Our goal is to get UR points since we plan to use them for transfer to United and travel on award tickets at some point in the future when travel resumes.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by susiesan
My husbands's Ink Business Preferred card is up for renewal in September. I was going to have him apply for a new one under a different business name used in the past and get a bonus, then close this card before paying the annual fee. I don't know what to do now. He has over 400K UR points in his account that of course he needs to keep. Which card should I have him apply for to get the maximum bonus and benefits for? Our goal is to get UR points since we plan to use them for transfer to United and travel on award tickets at some point in the future when travel resumes.
It's tricky do right now, since many people who were being approved for Chase business card easily pre-April-2020 are being denied for Chase business cards right now (since April 2020). That's the reason this got created as a separate thread in April 2020. Go back and read the first page of posts in this thread (which are from when the change happened in April) to see how drastically it changed then.

So don't assume that he will be approved for any new business card, the most you can do is hope that he will.

I would say the no-AF Ink Business Cash, which despite the name earns UR points, and earns 5x at office supply stores and for phone/internet providers. It can be a keeper if you have routine phone/internet expenses you can set up for auto-pay with it.

You should have a plan for what to do if he's denied and he has have no time left to try again before you have a make a decision on the Ink Preferred. Perhaps (I don't know for sure) he could downgrade from the Ink Preferred to the Ink Cash (foregoing any signup bonus in that case) and keep the UR points, since both are business UR cards? Or else just keep Preferred for another year (after trying for a retention offer)?

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 9, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Old Aug 10, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Gold

I would say the no-AF Ink Business Cash, which despite the name earns UR points, and earns 5x at office supply stores and for phone/internet providers. It can be a keeper if you have routine phone/internet expenses you can set up for auto-pay with it.

You should have a plan for what to do if he's denied and he has have no time left to try again before you have a make a decision on the Ink Preferred. Perhaps (I don't know for sure) he could downgrade from the Ink Preferred to the Ink Cash (foregoing any signup bonus in that case) and keep the UR points, since both are business UR cards? Or else just keep Preferred for another year (after trying for a retention offer)?
There is an offer for a Chase Sapphire preferred with a 60K bonus after $4000 spend, which is no problem. There is an annual fee of $95. Since this is a personal card I would hope he would get it with excellent credit and a high income. This could be the best card to get now that preserves UR points and gets a nice bonus.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 9:42 am
mia

Originally Posted by susiesan
,,,,Since this is a personal card I would hope he would get it with excellent credit and a high income. .....
Provided he has not received a bonus for Sapphire Reserve or Sapphire Preferred in the past 48 months...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ug-2018-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.