Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:29 am

During the peak of the pandemic I believe Chase was declining business cards left and right. One of the main reasons was they didnt have a business account so they didnt know the activity.

I had been declined for a United Business card at that time for that reason. I opened a business checking account, funded it with 10k. Called back and asked them if they could now reconsider and they approved.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Schnit
During the peak of the pandemic I believe Chase was declining business cards left and right. One of the main reasons was they didnt have a business account so they didnt know the activity.

I had been declined for a United Business card at that time for that reason. I opened a business checking account, funded it with 10k. Called back and asked them if they could now reconsider and they approved.

is there any Tax risk in opening a BIZ Account ? Fraud ?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 7:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Opening a "business" credit card has nothing to do with any type of tax liability.
RNE likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
No issue. Lets say you buy status off craiglists and resell it on eBay, you qualify for a business. Go into Chase and tell them you do business as PeterPNYC on eBay and want a business account. They ask for basically no support for this sole proprietor account. Fund it, and then in my experience you get no questions on opening a business account about the identity. Since you have verified everything in a branch, they dont need you to verify the business again.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
No issue. Lets say you buy status off craiglists and resell it on eBay, you qualify for a business. Go into Chase and tell them you do business as PeterPNYC on eBay and want a business account. They ask for basically no support for this sole proprietor account. Fund it, and then in my experience you get no questions on opening a business account about the identity. Since you have verified everything in a branch, they dont need you to verify the business again.
What business documentation do they require when opening a business checking account at the branch?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
What business documentation do they require when opening a business checking account at the branch?
I've opened 2 different sole proprietor checking accounts in branches. Asked for zero proof in either outside of my personal info.

As an added bonus look at the current business checking sign up bonuses
happychic likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I've opened 2 different sole proprietor checking accounts in branches. Asked for zero proof in either outside of my personal info.

As an added bonus look at the current business checking sign up bonuses
Excellent. Will check that out. I do need to open an account.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Data points:
  • In April 2020 my Chase Ink Unlimited app was rejected (right after Chase tightened lending standards due to pandemic).
  • Just reapplied (July 2022) and received instant acceptance with $16k credit line! Kind of surprised as my projected annual income from the new biz is $50k.
  • This is the my first Chase Biz card and the first time in years that I did not have to call recon line to re-allocate credit. Was going to open a biz checking account first but they wanted too much paperwork.
Good to Chase has eased up on new biz/small biz apps. Of course we knew this already but have not seen too many data points from first time applicants with new biz.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Data points:
  • In April 2020 my Chase Ink Unlimited app was rejected (right after Chase tightened lending standards due to pandemic).
  • Just reapplied (July 2022) and received instant acceptance with $16k credit line! Kind of surprised as my projected annual income from the new biz is $50k.
  • This is the my first Chase Biz card and the first time in years that I did not have to call recon line to re-allocate credit. Was going to open a biz checking account first but they wanted too much paperwork.
Good to Chase has eased up on new biz/small biz apps. Of course we knew this already but have not seen too many data points from first time applicants with new biz.
I opened a new business in November of last year, and have since applied for 3 different business cards for it. All 3 were approved with 15k credit limit (2 instant), and I reported 30k of income.

Do you have a business checking account?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:23 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....$16k credit line! Kind of surprised as my projected annual income from the new biz is $50k.....
I think the credit line is tied to your personal income, rather than to the business' revenue.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Do you have a business checking account?
Not yet.

Originally Posted by mia
I think the credit line is tied to your personal income, rather than to the business' revenue.
I concur, but there have been reports of low credit lines for new biz. Recent experience (Schnit and me suggests the your theory is correct.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I concur, but there have been reports of low credit lines for new biz. Recent experience (Schnit and me suggests the your theory is correct.
My credit line was laughably small when I applied ($6k or so). I had to credit cycle to make the SUB because there's no other way I would have put $15k on the card otherwise.

Chase recently increased it to ~$13k without my asking (automatic credit line increase -- I only noticed when I logged into the online portal to pay off a statement).

I don't think it's tied to personal income, as Chase has given me some absolutely massive personal credit lines (combined ~$75k, highest card is $33k or so).
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Polytonic

I don't think it's tied to personal income, as Chase has given me some absolutely massive personal credit lines (combined ~$75k, highest card is $33k or so).
This may be why your recent CL was smaller. They may not want to give you much more.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Polytonic
My credit line was laughably small when I applied ($6k or so). I had to credit cycle to make the SUB because there's no other way I would have put $15k on the card otherwise.

Chase recently increased it to ~$13k without my asking (automatic credit line increase -- I only noticed when I logged into the online portal to pay off a statement).

It is tied to income so it's smart to lower the credit limits on cards you don't use much after hitting the SUB.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by theplayer
It is tied to income so it's smart to lower the credit limits on cards you don't use much after hitting the SUB.
I dont see any benefit of doing that, especially now that Chase lets you automatically realign credit during the application process, so no need to call.

During the pandemic Chase tightened their approvals, I would think its better to have credit available to move should this happen again, rather than having lowered your limit and now they have lowered the amount they are willing to give.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.