Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Do you happen to also have the grandfathered IHG $49.00 Select card?

I have both, but can never register for the United $25.00 credit because it won't recognize that I also have the Business Premier card.

www.ihg.com/united
Yes, I have both card (though I haven't actually received and activated the business card yet).

But when I try to go to that website and log in, it says:

Sorry, this offer is only available for IHG Rewards Premier and Business Premier Credit Cardmembers. If you’ve received this message in error, contact IHG Customer Care: 1 (877) 424-2449

So did you try to contact IHG Customer Care by phone, to see if they could work around the problem, or did you just stop because of the message? Or was it not showing the phone number back when you tried it?

But people are reporting that when have both cards they're still earning 10% back on IHG award redemptions form the grandfathered $49 Select card. I wonder if them changing the "main" card you have registered to Business from Select will activate the $25 per half-year offer, but de-activate the 10% back on redemptions legacy offer? That 10% back on IHG award redemptions is the main reason I'm keeping my legacy $49 Select card.

I'm not sure if I want to give up 10% back on redemptions for another $25 every half-year at United, given that I'm "saturating" my United TravelBank with "ancillary" fee credits on Amex cards. I haven't been able to start using my TravelBank funds yet, because I had a United travel credit I had to use up first, and United doesn't allow using TravelBank on the same purchase as a travel credit.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jun 5, 2022 at 7:19 pm
Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes, I have both card (though I haven't actually received and activated the business card yet).

But when I try to go to that website and log in, it says:

Sorry, this offer is only available for IHG Rewards Premier and Business Premier Credit Cardmembers. If you’ve received this message in error, contact IHG Customer Care: 1 (877) 424-2449

So did you try to contact IHG Customer Care by phone, to see if they could work around the problem, or did you just stop because of the message? Or was it not showing the phone number back when you tried it?

But people are reporting that when have both cards they're still earning 10% back on IHG award redemptions form the grandfathered $49 Select card. I wonder if them changing the "main" card you have registered to Business from Select will activate the $25 per half-year offer, but de-activate the 10% back on redemptions legacy offer? That 10% back on IHG award redemptions is the main reason I'm keeping my legacy $49 Select card.

I'm not sure if I want to give up 10% back on redemptions for another $25 every half-year at United, given that I'm "saturating" my United TravelBank with "ancillary" fee credits on Amex cards. I haven't been able to start using my TravelBank funds yet, because I had a United travel credit I had to use up first, and United doesn't allow using TravelBank on the same purchase as a travel credit.
I've made several calls to IHG customer service and also contacted them on Twitter. I have an open case number and am hoping it'll be resolved soon. I don't normally fly United, but want to get this fixed, since I do use them occasionally.

Glad I am not the only one. I'll let you know if I make any progress.

I wish IHG had a Flyertalk rep, like Hilton and Marriott.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by philemer
My DW applied for the Hyatt Biz card 3 days ago and got this message: We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days.
Thanks for choosing Chase.

Facts:
-CR was pulled (Exp)
-score is 800+
-she's never been denied a Chase card
-legit biz.
-at 3/24
-currently holds 2 Chase Biz cards and 3 consumer cards

The Chase status line shows no record of her app. Odds of approval?
Update: DW received a letter today asking her to call Chase. Turns out they only wanted to verify her identity. No questions about her business. Approved after 5 minute chat.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:44 am
RNE

Originally Posted by philemer
-CR was pulled (Exp)
-score is 800+
-she's never been denied a Chase card
-legit biz.
-at 3/24
-currently holds 2 Chase Biz cards and 3 consumer cards
Odds of approval?
Good odds. Do this: check for the card's appearance in her online account every day. Good luck.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Applied for the ink cash business on June 7 while pending a closing on home scheduled for June 17th. Immediately receive an email from loan officer about the soft pull from JPMCB asking for a 0 balance statement or cancelled the application if it’s too new with a today day or date after cancelled on the letterhead . Called chase reconsideration line and told the CSR that I need decision today or cancel my application, after two minutes on hold, Approved and got expedite shipping.

Can we move credit limit from a personal card to business?

DP-maybe some of y’all can use this excuse although mine closing was real LoL
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by rice4u
.... soft pull from JPMCB ....
Are you sure? It should have been a hard inquiry.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Are you sure? It should have been a hard inquiry.
That just what’s the loan officer said but it’s hard.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rice4u
Applied for the ink cash business on June 7 while pending a closing on home scheduled for June 17th. Immediately receive an email from loan officer about the soft pull from JPMCB asking for a 0 balance statement or cancelled the application if it’s too new with a today day or date after cancelled on the letterhead . Called chase reconsideration line and told the CSR that I need decision today or cancel my application, after two minutes on hold, Approved and got expedite shipping.

Can we move credit limit from a personal card to business?

DP-maybe some of y’all can use this excuse although mine closing was real LoL
No it's only personal - personal or business - business for credit reallocation.
SPN Lifer and RNE like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Just went through a little saga trying to get SO a second Chase Business card, but I'm not going to detail the entire thing here (it's not all that important). But on my last call to get the first app sorted out (turns out the first app had been archived), the rep said it would be better to go to a branch to do the reapplication. I wanted to get the referral bonus so I ignored that advice.

Reapplied online right after that call and got approval within about a week. The referral bonus just showed up in my pending points for my Chase Biz Preferred.
RNE likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I applied for a United Explorer Business card this month. App went pending but was approved a day later without me calling in or an agent calling me to confirm details. Sole proprietorship, 1 month in business, 0 income. Excellent credit score.
Was this your first biz card with chase?

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I applied for my 5th Chase business card, the new Chase IHG business card, a few days ago. Sole proprietorship, business opened current month, 0 employees, $0 income. Excellent credit score. The application confirmation page showed it as pending, but within minutes I got an email saying I had been approved, and when I logged out and logged back into my Chase business account, the card was already showing there.
Two data points of zero revenue - I thought I read somewhere in this thread that it had to be > 1k
Are the screws loosening?

Last edited by flew-d-coop; Jun 17, 2022 at 11:15 am
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:04 pm

Does it matter if when applying for your first business card, you login using your personal account or fill out the application as a guest? The latter seems like it will create a separate business account, but I'm not sure how that will effect likelihood of having the application being accepted. This would be for a sole proprietorship application.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:20 pm
mia

Originally Posted by flyeranon247
seems like it will create a separate business account, but I'm not sure how that will effect likelihood of having the application being accepted....
Chase does not allow Business cards to be added to a personal online account. No matter how you apply, you will have a separate online Business login. If you wish, you can then ask Chase to move your personal cards to your Business login, but it cannot be done in the reverse direction.
SPN Lifer and flyeranon247 like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mia
Chase does not allow Business cards to be added to a personal online account. No matter how you apply, you will have a separate online Business login. If you wish, you can then ask Chase to move your personal cards to your Business login, but it cannot be done in the reverse direction.
You can move your Personal cards to your Business cards acct. w/o calling. I just saw that option today. Open your Business acct and go to Profile & Settings then Account Settings then Manage Linked Accounts then Show my Accounts. Then click on Link Relationship.
SPN Lifer, mia and RNE like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flew-d-coop
Two data points of zero revenue - I thought I read somewhere in this thread that it had to be > 1k
Are the screws loosening?
"Somewhere" in this thread is not specific enough.

"Somewhere" else in this thread it says that Chase stopped approving most business cards (especially sole proprietor), and then "somewhere" else in this thread you can see that they started again (all of this determined through datapoints, no Chase announcements).
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:45 pm
mia

Originally Posted by flew-d-coop
I thought I read somewhere in this thread that it had to be > 1k
Perhaps you are thinking of the American Express application form which would not accept a value lower than $1,000?

Amex (USA) adds new requirement for minimum $1,000 annual Business Revenue
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.