Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Old May 4, 2022, 4:34 pm

I applied my wife for the IHG business yesterday, she is under 5/24 and when I call the (888) 269-8690 check status line it says no applications have been received for her SS #.

The credit pull shows up in credit journey, we haven't applied for any Chase business cards since pre covid so I'm wondering if the app not being seen is normal, thanks
Old May 5, 2022, 6:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I applied my wife for the IHG business yesterday, she is under 5/24 and when I call the (888) 269-8690 check status line it says no applications have been received for her SS #.
This is extremely common, if not universal, for Chase business applications. Given the credit pull, I think youre fine.
RNE likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by beltway
This is extremely common, if not universal, for Chase business applications. Given the credit pull, I think youre fine.

Thanks for the reply, approval email came today so about 36 hours after the app she was approved.

SP, 1 year in business, 1 employee, $10K revenue, $2500 expected spend per month
Old May 5, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Thanks for the reply, approval email came today so about 36 hours after the app she was approved.

SP, 1 year in business, 1 employee, $10K revenue, $2500 expected spend per month
I'm relatively new to the Chase grind (except for 2 long term IHG Select cards for SO and me), but since I've been more active with them since Aug '21, I have never had any card, personal or business, show up any where during the app process. Pretty much the first time I'm sure I got the card is when it shows up in my online account, which has been pretty quickly in most circumstances.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84
I'm relatively new to the Chase grind (except for 2 long term IHG Select cards for SO and me), but since I've been more active with them since Aug '21, I have never had any card, personal or business, show up any where during the app process. Pretty much the first time I'm sure I got the card is when it shows up in my online account, which has been pretty quickly in most circumstances.
I find that when creating SP businesses the cards don't get added to our online accounts automatically, After we receive the card we have to add it vs personal cards where it just shows up when approved.

This new card is not showing under her business login.
Old May 5, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
I find that when creating SP businesses the cards don't get added to our online accounts automatically, After we receive the card we have to add it vs personal cards where it just shows up when approved.

This new card is not showing under her business login.
Not quite sure what you mean, but once I created a business account login, all my new cards have shown up there without my doing anything.
Old May 5, 2022, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84
Not quite sure what you mean, but once I created a business account login, all my new cards have shown up there without my doing anything.

That isn't the case for us. I have had to add every card we were approved for applying as a SP to our Chase login

For our legit business ( c -corp) I'm pretty sure the cards show up upon approval but we haven't opened a new Chase business card for the C corp in a long time.

I just checked again, the card we were approved for today is not showing up online.

Last edited by flyer4512; May 5, 2022 at 6:13 pm
Old May 5, 2022, 7:36 pm
Suspended

That isn't the case for us. I have had to add every card we were approved for applying as a SP to our Chase login

For our legit business ( c -corp) I'm pretty sure the cards show up upon approval but we haven't opened a new Chase business card for the C corp in a long time.

I just checked again, the card we were approved for today is not showing up online.
Is this possibly a result of using different versions of your name (John Q. Public vs. John Public)? I’ve seen this be an issue in the past.

Last edited by beltway; May 5, 2022 at 7:49 pm
Old May 5, 2022, 7:44 pm

Is this possibly a result of using different versions of your name (John Q. Public vs. John Public)? I”ve seen this bee an issue in the past.
I always use the same first and last name on every app for myself and my wife as well as player 3. P3 doesn't get business cards.

In fact for SP startup business cards I have a printout of the entire app so I use the exact info ( income, years in business, etc,etc,etc ) that worked in the past.
Old May 18, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I applied for a United Explorer Business card this month. App went pending but was approved a day later without me calling in or an agent calling me to confirm details. Sole proprietorship, 1 month in business, 0 income. Excellent credit score.
Boraxo and sdsearch like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I applied for my 5th Chase business card, the new Chase IHG business card, a few days ago. Sole proprietorship, business opened current month, 0 employees, $0 income. Excellent credit score. The application confirmation page showed it as pending, but within minutes I got an email saying I had been approved, and when I logged out and logged back into my Chase business account, the card was already showing there.
Boraxo, MDtR-Chicago, RNE and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I applied for my 5th Chase business card, the new Chase IHG business card, a few days ago. Sole proprietorship, business opened current month, 0 employees, $0 income. Excellent credit score. The application confirmation page showed it as pending, but within minutes I got an email saying I had been approved, and when I logged out and logged back into my Chase business account, the card was already showing there.
Do you happen to also have the grandfathered IGH $49.00 Select card?

I have both, but can never register for the United $25.00 credit because it won't recognize that I also have the Business Premier card.

www.ihg.com/united
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Odds of approval?

My DW applied for the Hyatt Biz card 3 days ago and got this message: We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days.
Thanks for choosing Chase.

Facts:
-CR was pulled (Exp)
-score is 800+
-she's never been denied a Chase card
-legit biz.
-at 3/24
-currently holds 2 Chase Biz cards and 3 consumer cards

The Chase status line shows no record of her app. Odds of approval?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by philemer
My DW applied for the Hyatt Biz card 3 days ago and got this message: We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days.
Thanks for choosing Chase.

Facts:
-CR was pulled (Exp)
-score is 800+
-she's never been denied a Chase card
-legit biz.
-at 3/24
-currently holds 2 Chase Biz cards and 3 consumer cards

The Chase status line shows no record of her app. Odds of approval?
I received a similar message after applying for the United Biz card a few months ago. Received an email about 2 days later stating I was approved.

I'd say she would get approved, and just want a few days to see if you receive an email.

Good luck!
philemer likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Almost an instant approval for Ink Cash this morning. Applied, watched it spin for a while, and got the "we'll notify you soon" message. Checked my email as soon as I closed out that screen and saw the approval email. Logged out and back into my Chase account and card was listed.

DPs:

5K limit
13.99%
4/24
Experian HP @ 776
Approved for Ink Unlimited in February
Sole Prop with 50k revenue in business since 2017

Last edited by Drwaz99; Jun 4, 2022 at 8:37 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.