Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
1. You can downgrade if you like but it's not necessary. You can have more than one Ink Preferred and receive the bonuses on both.
So I should just open a new card for the same business?

I meet the 24 month requirement for another welcome bonus. Not sure the best route to accomplish it is though.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by pallhedge
1. You can downgrade if you like but it's not necessary. You can have more than one Ink Preferred and receive the bonuses on both.
2. Chase self referrals are dead. Applying with a different EIN is still a self referral.
3. Add the CSR to your business login and combining points should not be an issue.
Is there even a referral offer available currently?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by txpenny
Is there even a referral offer available currently?
I've gotten emails from Chase telling me to refer friends and biz associates (for the biz cards, of course)...last one was on 2/8. You can always go to Chase's refer-a-friend site to see what the offers are.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by fredc84
I've gotten emails from Chase telling me to refer friends and biz associates (for the biz cards, of course)...last one was on 2/8. You can always go to Chase's refer-a-friend site to see what the offers are.
Thanks. I did not know about the refer a friend site.

I assume spouse to spouse referrals are okay. Different UR accounts, different Business accounts.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by txpenny
Thanks. I did not know about the refer a friend site.

I assume spouse to spouse referrals are okay. Different UR accounts, different Business accounts.
Yea, I've been referring my SO and myself back and forth...it works great...but you can only refer biz to biz or personal to personal, can't mix them.
txpenny likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Do staples Visa gift cards count towards the Chase Business Ink Cash sign up spend? What are spends routinely rejected?
Old Feb 27, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I've reached the total personal credit limit that Chase is willing to extend. Does this have any bearing on business card applications and credit limit?

For context, I've got a $20k charge coming up and I was thinking I could go for a CIP, but if I end up with a $5k credit limit I doubt it work (unless Chase permits pre-funding the card?)
Old Feb 27, 2022, 2:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Polytonic
....reached the total personal credit limit that Chase is willing to extend. Does this have any bearing on business card applications and credit limit?....
Yes. Business cards are issued to individuals, not to companies. You may be able to move credit from a personal card account to a business account, but you may not be able to move it in the opposite direction. (I know some issuers have this restriction, not certain how Chase handles it.)
Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
So I applied on a whim, figured why not give it a shot, got the 30 day mail notice, and then a voicemail this morning from the fraud prevention department asking for additional verification. After some bouncing around their system, it turns out they just wanted to confirm that I'd applied for the card and the representative processed the application right then and there. So evidently Chase seems willing to exceed that overall $75k credit limit at this point. I'd previously had to have credit reallocated from another card to the CSP I'd applied for.

Unfortunately it's only a $6k limit, but maybe I can either do some cycling or call in to see if they'd let a one-time huge charge go through.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:08 am

applied for the Chase business ink unlimited today.

Got the message IN review

We' lll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can . Our email or letter will include instructions on how to provide additional information or documentation if needed.

Guess about less than a minute I got an email from chase stating:

We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days.

Guess I am denied....is this correct?

If it looks like it, I think I will apply for the Capital Venture card tomorrow.

NOTE- Last night, got an email from Chase that I was approved for the card and will receive it within 3 to 5 days.

Last edited by metoo; Mar 8, 2022 at 8:57 am Reason: updating status of my application
Old Mar 7, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by metoo

We' lll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can . Our email or letter will include instructions on how to provide additional information or documentation if needed.

We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days.

If it looks like it, I think I will apply for the Capital Venture card tomorrow.
No, it's not a denial. It's the standard "further review" message. They just need to manually review your application which can take some time.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 8:22 am
RNE

applied for the Chase business ink unlimited today. We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days. Guess I am denied....is this correct?
That is not necessarily a denial. My advice: If you have a legitimate business, call reconsideration. If your business bona fides are shaky, wait. In any case, check your Chase account online now and daily to see if the card appears there.

RNE, wishing you luck.
MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC

Got the same message when I applied for the Chase United Business (after recon call, see my posts above). Then got an email about 4 days later saying I was approved
Old Mar 7, 2022, 4:24 pm

...Got the message IN review...

Originally Posted by tstauck
Got the same message when I applied for the Chase United Business (after recon call, see my posts above). Then got an email about 4 days later saying I was approved
Yea, as tstauck said, don't worry about that stuff. If they need more info, they'll mail you a letter asking for more info. One of my biz cards got the same message as you but when I called a week later, the agent told me I was approved 2 days after I applied.
sdsearch and tstauck like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:56 am

Got an email from Chase that I was approved for the Chase Business Unlimited last night and will receive the card within 3 to 5 days. Only 5k credit limit but at least it is something. I see my credit card on the chase account.

Honestly don't think I would be approved

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.