Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Captain Greg
Here's another DP: I applied for my second CIP (80k/$5k through referral) on 4/13 using my EIN (first CIP from October was using SSN). It went to review and then this past Monday I got a letter saying that they needed more business info. I sent in a copy of my EIN letter from the IRS, and then I just got a message this morning saying that I was denied due to "business structure." My business is 3 years old with $10k revenue and $130k in total personal income. Haven't applied for a personal chase card in over 90 days, and a chase business card since October.

Any recourse? I could call, but I don't know what I would need to say/do to make them change their mind.
Following up, I called reconsideration and actually got approved! Second sole proprietor card.
RNE and happychic like this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Captain Greg
Following up, I called reconsideration and actually got approved! Second sole proprietor card.

Did you actually get a denial letter in the mail ? I received a letter to my account a few hours after I applied saying my startup was too new.

When I call the approval line it say the IHG card I applied for the next day was approved and my business app is still pending.
Old May 4, 2020, 3:49 am

Another dp: 4/24 applied for second cic using fixed apr link. I was not targeted. I used my EIN, instant approval for 3k CL.

1 year in business 120k revenue, sole prop.

have 4 chase biz ccs and 6 chase personal cc.
Boraxo and sdsearch like this.
Old May 6, 2020, 11:16 am

Folks - I can't apply for CSR or CSP since I had those cards in the last 48 months. Are there any rules that apply to Ink Cash which offers 50k bonus points? Thanks
Old May 6, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by sam007
Folks - I can't apply for CSR or CSP since I had those cards in the last 48 months. Are there any rules that apply to Ink Cash which offers 50k bonus points? Thanks
For starters, the Inks are business not personal cards.
Old May 8, 2020, 3:00 pm

Folks - I've had both reserve & preferred cards over the last 48 months but don't break the 5/24 rule. Can I apply for the Chase Ink cash card and receive the 50k UR bonus points? Thanks
Old May 8, 2020, 3:13 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

All INK cards are business cards, and I have moved this question into the business thread.

The 48 month restriction applies only to Sapphire cards, not to any other cards issued by Chase. However, Chase seems to have recently changed their criteria for approving business card applications. Please scroll back to review recent reports.
Old May 27, 2020, 8:13 am

Have JPMR (8+ years) and Chase Ink (old one 6+ years). Applied for a CIP and got the 7-10 day message. Called Business Recon and it took 3 tries for them to actually put me through to talk to a Risk Analyst instead of just a front who would just say application has not been approved without giving any specific reasons and that I will get the reason in mail. I specifically asked to talk to a risk analyst for reconsideration. After finally talking to an analyst, I was given the new "business structure" justification but I persisted with my request to speak more about the business and understand what "business structure" meant etc and then they finally re-opened the application for consideration. Explained business/revenue/profits for my contract I had just received. Was on hold for a good hour + and finally the analyst said that he cannot approve more credit but can transfer from Chase Ink existing card to new CIP. I agreed and he put me on hold for another 5 mins. Finally came back and said DENIED, as liabilities are different and he is unable to open new CIP.

Hour and fifteen minutes and still got denied after everything looked good via recon. They only pulled Equifax as I had to unfreeze it for the first call. DCU Equifax says 809 and no credit cards opened with any lender for last 3 years. I am bummed. They are REALLY stringent as this time. I want to give it another try today but not sure how it will go.
DaveH and Boraxo like this.
Old May 27, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
Have JPMR (8+ years) and Chase Ink (old one 6+ years). Applied for a CIP and got the 7-10 day message. Called Business Recon and it took 3 tries for them to actually put me through to talk to a Risk Analyst instead of just a front who would just say application has not been approved without giving any specific reasons and that I will get the reason in mail. I specifically asked to talk to a risk analyst for reconsideration. After finally talking to an analyst, I was given the new "business structure" justification but I persisted with my request to speak more about the business and understand what "business structure" meant etc and then they finally re-opened the application for consideration. Explained business/revenue/profits for my contract I had just received. Was on hold for a good hour + and finally the analyst said that he cannot approve more credit but can transfer from Chase Ink existing card to new CIP. I agreed and he put me on hold for another 5 mins. Finally came back and said DENIED, as liabilities are different and he is unable to open new CIP.

Hour and fifteen minutes and still got denied after everything looked good via recon. They only pulled Equifax as I had to unfreeze it for the first call. DCU Equifax says 809 and no credit cards opened with any lender for last 3 years. I am bummed. They are REALLY stringent as this time. I want to give it another try today but not sure how it will go.
Wow - let us know how that goes. I feel really lucky to have gotten under 5/24 the end of February. I went a bit nuts and got 3 biz cards between the beginning of March through to about April 10th or so. Don't think I'd be able to do that now!
Old May 27, 2020, 11:54 am

Three different calls again today. Came to know that calling the business recon line sometimes connects to customer services depending on volume of calls. So the first couple of times I had to again provide info / txt verification but these CSRs were just gatekeeping and unnecessarily wasted theirs and my time. Just read a script that the application had been reviewed etc and it has been denied and that I will get a letter in mail with explanation. When I asked the first CSR that I want to talk to "Lending Department", I hit the bad lotto again and another time waster who did the exact same things. Connected me to lending but the agent from lending had dropped or bad line etc (25 mins approx wasted). I called again and this time apparently I reached the lending department directly but I was quite frustrated honestly and did not start off on a good note. She explained the reason for denial was "Business too new"/"Insufficient business accounts" and nothing about liabilities. This made sense as the agent yesterday used that as an excuse for not being able to approve the application.

The agent still was reading off the script but I finally persuaded discussion on liabilities and gave honest justifications (if indeed that was the reason for denial yesterday). Lots of back and forth, waiting on line while she checked and reviewed info. I got 6 emails from Chase during our convo as she was going about the review (decision in mail in 30 days email). After about 50 minutes, she came back and said that she has been able to approve the moving limits from Chase Ink Plus to Preferred but that I needed to submit documents to the verification team (Tax/SSN/business registration with state etc) for final approval. She transferred me to the verifications department (800-278-8830) who just relayed the previous agent's comments and advised me to submit the documents at a local branch for faster processing as they submit it via an internal system. I intend to do this asap obviously.

Progress made, but still not 100% there yet.
DaveH likes this.
Old May 29, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Good luck ferrari_fan ! Thank you for keeping us posted.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Now it seems you cannot put income as anything less than $1k for your business... Applied today for the free version of Ink and was instantly denied. In March I was approved for an Ink Preferred. Will try again with my actual business instead of using ssn.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:41 am

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, AMEX Plat (MR), AMEX Delta Platinum
Not sure how this is any different than it has always been. I am a Sole Proprietor and applied with my business name as different than my own name and Chase asked me to provide DBA (Doing Business As) verification from the state. I was not going to so this, so I waited a month and reapplied with my business name as my name and was approved. I used this same process this year again for a second business card.

Chase is more stringent on the business name. AMEX allows you to provide a business name to show on your card without any verification - Chase does not allow that.

My experience, but it may have changes based on more recent applications...
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Got my rejection letter from Chase saying I don't have enough assets (no checking/savings with Chase).
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by entel
Not sure how this is any different than it has always been..
Originally Posted by ChateauMargaux
Got my rejection letter from Chase saying I don't have enough assets (no checking/savings with Chase).
Two things seem to be new. 1) The requirement to login to submit an online application for a business card, which means you must already have some type of Chase account, and 2) the apparent requirement that the business have a banking relationship with Chase.

Do we know if there have been exceptions to the second requirement?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.