Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Beware of fake text saying your Chase card is locked

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2020, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

Received a text a few minutes ago saying that my Chase card had been locked and listed a phone number to call (305.735.xxxx) and a code. After a few seconds I decided that this was not the way Chase would handle a card closure. I googled the number and it turns out to be a phone-sex site. Glad I didn't call. Criminals never rest.

Last edited by philemer; Mar 19, 2020 at 9:24 am
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:43 pm

Phone-sex site?

Can you earn miles?
philemer and Brendan like this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I have the numbers to all of my cards stored in my phone, it helps if ever there is a fraud alert at point of sale or if I need to call them.

I do now and then get a text and email from PayPal asking if a charge is mine, they only ask to reply 1 for yes, 2 for no.
Brendan, chrisl137 and cuthroat like this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by mhdena
I have the numbers to all of my cards stored in my phone, it helps if ever there is a fraud alert at point of sale or if I need to call them.

I do now and then get a text and email from PayPal asking if a charge is mine, they only ask to reply 1 for yes, 2 for no.
Update on Chase phone service....
Tried to report Fraud on my CSR card yesterday...when they transferred me to Fraud dept. call dropped. Unable to call back. None of the phone numbers are currently in service. Keep getting "this call is unable to be completed at this time, try again later". Still trying today...no go. Did lock the card. But, I would have expected more from a card with AF of $550.
cuthroat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.