Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Travel REFUND questions and experiences [Consolidated]

Chase Travel REFUND questions and experiences [Consolidated]

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 14, 20, 11:44 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Wiki Link
Chase has an online form to use for cancellations. Login to your Chase account and click the link below:

https://travel.chase.com/customersup...-alert-refunds

More info here (need to be logged in first):

https://travel.chase.com/service/#/a...s/932/61/25635


Direct Cancellation line: 1(888)511-5326
Print Wikipost

Old May 21, 20, 4:30 pm
  #241  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,149
A good news though I have no idea how this even happens because Swiss airlines and matter of fact, LH groups flat out deny refunds on canceled flights, even on the fully refundable fares, unless the passengers are HON members... We are to write off the 31K UR pts used for 2 intra-Europe tickets all on LX metal booked thru UR.

This afternoon out of the blue got an email from Chase - with a notice of canceled itinerary, AND a notice on points refunded to account. The oddity is, the case number referenced to this refund is not either of the 2 case numbers issued by 2 chat reps on 2 chats several weeks apart...

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32394050-post351.html in FT LX forum.

May be it is due to
1) EU said it would not issue temp suspension of EU261, and if airlines want to use vouchers to sub for cash refund, the voucher must be have no restriction / twice the value of the cash refund... I haven't paid attn to the details because vouchers are of no use to us.
2) German government changed stance - instead of backing LH not to refund and asked EU to bend the rules, now German government said if LH wanted government bail out, LH groups must refund on canceled flights no later than Sept 30.

So anyone who has intra-EU tickets bought thru UR, on LH, LX, OS, LOT flights, you should get the refund on the canceled flights.
TEDisgone likes this.
Happy is offline  
Old May 21, 20, 7:08 pm
  #242  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: PDX
Programs: AS, BA, AV, AC, VS, KE, SQ, AA, UA | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Posts: 218
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
A good news though I have no idea how this even happens because Swiss airlines and matter of fact, LH groups flat out deny refunds on canceled flights, even on the fully refundable fares, unless the passengers are HON members... We are to write off the 31K UR pts used for 2 intra-Europe tickets all on LX metal booked thru UR.

This afternoon out of the blue got an email from Chase - with a notice of canceled itinerary, AND a notice on points refunded to account. The oddity is, the case number referenced to this refund is not either of the 2 case numbers issued by 2 chat reps on 2 chats several weeks apart...

So anyone who has intra-EU tickets bought thru UR, on LH, LX, OS, LOT flights, you should get the refund on the canceled flights.
So there is hope! I'll keeping holding on, then.

I want to understand what is taking Chase so long with my BA refund as I got the points back almost instantly but am still waiting three weeks later for the credit. My other ticket that I bought directly with BA was fully refunded in three days after cancelling! Interestingly, other Expedia purchases that had to be cancelled have already been credited back...
TEDisgone is offline  
Old May 22, 20, 7:02 pm
  #243  
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: BOI or anywhere a good IPA is served!!
Programs: Too many to list
Posts: 10,291
AA or Chase?

Simple one way flt on AA from MSP-BOI, next month, made with Chase UR. Need to cancel and get UR returned. Can cancel with no penalty. Call AA or Chase? Want the least amount of hassle.

Seems folks have been having trouble with both methods.

{EDIT: Since this flt wasn't canceled it seems that I'm only going to be able to get credit toward a future flt.}

Last edited by philemer; Yesterday at 9:56 am
philemer is offline  
Old May 22, 20, 7:46 pm
  #244  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Programs: American, Alaska, United, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
Posts: 1,325
Originally Posted by philemer View Post
Simple one way flt on AA from MSP-BOI, next month, made with Chase UR. Need to cancel and get UR returned. Can cancel with no penalty. Call AA or Chase? Want the least amount of hassle.

Seems folks have been having trouble with both methods.
How can you get UR refunded? I thought you can only get airline credit.
RedElmo is offline  
Old Yesterday, 9:57 am
  #245  
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: BOI or anywhere a good IPA is served!!
Programs: Too many to list
Posts: 10,291
Originally Posted by RedElmo View Post
How can you get UR refunded? I thought you can only get airline credit.
Yup, credit it is. Thx
philemer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: