Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Boat tour dispute -- Is it me being too picky or ...?

Boat tour dispute -- Is it me being too picky or ...?

Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:41 pm

What is it that you want Chase to do for you? Monetary compensation?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by openwheelracing
What is it that you want Chase to do for you?
See the original post:

Originally Posted by SYL
.... Disputed the charge under the reason "I am not satisfied with the product/service I received". I asked for $25 refund for each person, which was about 1/4 of the ticket price.
It is possible to use the Dispute process when not satisfied with the quality of goods or services, but the scope is narrow:

Complaints About the Quality of Goods and Services
Disputes about the quality of goods and services are not "billing errors," so the dispute procedure doesn’t apply. However, if you have a problem with goods or services you paid for with a credit or charge card, you can take the same legal actions against the card issuer as you can take under state law against the seller.

To take advantage of this protection, you must have made the purchase (it must be for more than $50) in your home state or within 100 miles of your current billing address, and make a good faith effort to resolve the dispute with the seller first.

The dollar and distance limitations don't apply if the seller also is the card issuer — or if a special business relationship exists between the seller and the card issuer.
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...harges#quality
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:20 pm

Why not dispute directly with the NorCal boat operator?

If I buy something on eBay and there is an issue, I go to the seller first, if seller is unresponsive or whatever I go to eBay.
Same with a credit card charge dispute, if I am overcharged I call the vendor first, then if that fails I go to Chase.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 5:23 pm
SYL
Original Poster

Originally Posted by openwheelracing
Why not dispute directly with the NorCal boat operator?

If I buy something on eBay and there is an issue, I go to the seller first, if seller is unresponsive or whatever I go to eBay.
Same with a credit card charge dispute, if I am overcharged I call the vendor first, then if that fails I go to Chase.
Of course I've already done that... And I believe I've said that in the original post...
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SYL
.... The next day I complained to the travel agency, and certainly didn't hear back anything.
Originally Posted by SYL
Of course I've already done that... And I believe I've said that in the original post...
Is the travel agency the cruise operator?
Old May 20, 2020, 1:06 am
Suspended

This is what usually happens when you go to a cruise with a lot of unknown people. I remember I went with my family to a cruise once where personal food and drinks where not allowed. They affirmed they have cheap food on the board. How we could believe that? A Latte costed around $40 and a cold sandwich $25. It was one of the worst experience in our life. Since then we go on tours only on small boats of not more than 10 passengers. For instance, recently we had several Naples boat tours Tin City. Oh it was absolutely fantastic. I advice you to write a negative reply about them and simply forget. You aren’t going to become richer if you will fight with them.

Last edited by dekinridoine; May 25, 2020 at 12:42 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.