Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Chase Sapphire - free delivery to end of 2021

World and World Elite Mastercard® cardholders get:
  • $5 off first two orders on DoorDash every month until 9/30/22, while supplies last.
  • $0 delivery fees and 10% off on restaurant orders over $12, grocery orders over $25. 5% credit back on eligible Pickup orders

https://www.doordash.com/mastercard/

Print Wikipost

Chase Doordash Benefit (Revised April 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:05 am
Original Poster
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Just a suggestion, before you download your Doordash app and sign up, check with a friend for a referral. If you get a referral from a friend, you get $5 off your first 3 orders. Therefore, you get $75 worth of food free this year.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Our governor just ordered all restaurants closed but is allowing carryout and delivery so maybe this benefit will be very valuable after all.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:57 pm

Does each freedom card I add extend my free dashpass trial?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Ill be one of first to pay new $550

With my AF up 4/1 and the restrictions on restaurants now, I decided to try doordash on my reserve card. So, I'm rural enough that small selection close by. I ordered a pizza at 11 AM. Told would arrive in 54 minutes. Came an hour late and could have been hotter. Got free delivery as it was my first order, but as far as DashPass, only Subway participates locally. All others now showing $5.99 delivery charge on top of the tax and 18% service charge. So, not going to be very useful at home. However, I suppose it might be useful when I'm away in an urban spot and not into venturing out. Still, I value it at no more than $60, as I would never pay $9.99 a month for the free delivery that I would rarely use. Thinking about downgrading to the Preferred. If I only knew how much my next UR transfer to UA miles will be worth. Last year, getting the extra point per $ for travel and dining (Reserve 3 points vs. Preferred 2 points) actually made up for what will be the difference in AF: Reserve $250 - Preferred $95= $155.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Tonight I thought I'd use DoorDash to order delivery for us. Unfortunately ASAP was not an option this time; we'd have to schedule delivery for tomorrow. We ended up going though the drive-through.

Anyway, maybe it's due to current high demand? Hopefully it's not one of those gotchas that would have existed in a better time period or else using the credit is going to be a lot harder than I thought.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by tmiw
Tonight I thought I'd use DoorDash to order delivery for us. Unfortunately ASAP was not an option this time; we'd have to schedule delivery for tomorrow. We ended up going though the drive-through.

Anyway, maybe it's due to current high demand? Hopefully it's not one of those gotchas that would have existed in a better time period or else using the credit is going to be a lot harder than I thought.
They are offering free delivery to ALL customers now for orders over $15 so I'm sure that combined with a shortage of drivers and a lot more people ordering is keeping them swamped. A lot of the restaurants in my neighborhood are employing bartenders and servers to do delivery's in house now.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They are offering 10% off all pickup orders, which have no fees. Great for an urban area. I'm picking up food anyway (since restaurants can't do dine-in now); this gets me 10% off. The dashpass benefit is not useful here (the 10% off is for everyone) but I did get $60 in free food.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 3:47 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
They are offering 10% off all pickup orders, which have no fees. ....
No fees for the customer, but still fees for the restaurant?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 5:52 pm

I've already activated my Doordash benefit and been credited for the $60. Hoping someone may have experience having 2 CSRs within the same family. I have a relative that places little value on this benefit and isn't planning to create a Doordash account.

Has anyone successfully added a 2nd CSR card to an existing Doordash account? Will the benefit still be triggered?

As you may have guessed, I am contemplating asking permission to add their CSR card to my existing Doordash account so I can utilize their $60 credit. However, asking them to create a separate Doordash account would be more hassle than it's worth.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:27 am

I just used Doordash yesterday for the first time since I used up my $60 credit. I ordered Mod Pizza and it was delivered in 25 min... pretty amazing actually. If I order online, drive there to pick them up and drive home, it would take over 25 min. Delivery was free, service fee was like $2. I added their suggested tip of $5.
Negma likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Need
I just used Doordash yesterday for the first time since I used up my $60 credit. I ordered Mod Pizza and it was delivered in 25 min... pretty amazing actually. If I order online, drive there to pick them up and drive home, it would take over 25 min. Delivery was free, service fee was like $2. I added their suggested tip of $5.
Ditto. Just finished eating our first order. Enough left over for another meal. Rest. menu prices the same as DD. 29 minute delivery. No extra charges beside state sales tax and tip. Happy camper.

Just reviewed receipt and there IS a $1.45 service charge on my $29, pre-tax, order.

Last edited by philemer; Mar 28, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:05 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

IMO, this is even a worse time to take food delivery. There are so many possible contamination, restaurant and its staff, delivery person and all the stops the delivery person likely stops.

Also, with people stuck at home, people have more time to cook or learn how to cook. A lot take-out places are not even open. Business has been down substantially.

More people are short on cash now and people still want to save every $ they can hold onto....
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:47 pm

DoorDash is now delivering items from convenience stores. I could get stuff from my local 7/11.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Need
DoorDash is now delivering items from convenience stores. I could get stuff from my local 7/11.
Make sure you can sanitize those with >65% alcohol and then let it sit for 24 hrs to make sure no more live virus still on the surface... This also applies on anything bought from any store's shelf or anything delivered by any service.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:00 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

In this world at this moment, it is just very hard to know who handles your stuff. Amazon has a huge warehouse in Edison, NJ, which is a virus hot spot. Amazon employees complain about lack of protective gears. So you can imagine what kind of protection the packages have from those delivery people.

All those food delivery services are popular at those large metro or urban areas, which are at the forefront of this outbreak. I just like everyone be careful and learn from the situations in Italy and Spain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.