Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
My significant other was put through the wringer for that card , for unsatisfactory verification

Have all your ducks lined up and a verifiable telephone number access to text or call if you can.
I'm overseas and was put through the wringer by Chase. I was able to use my Google Voice number for the verification and everything checked out. Hoping there won't be any other detailed checks if I apply for another Chase card.

I was actually approved and received a physical Capital One card but it was a pain activating it with my GV number so I decided to cancel the card before activating it if it would cause issues further down the road.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by yowflyer
I'm overseas and was put through the wringer by Chase. I was able to use my Google Voice number for the verification and everything checked out. Hoping there won't be any other detailed checks if I apply for another Chase card.

I was actually approved and received a physical Capital One card but it was a pain activating it with my GV number so I decided to cancel the card before activating it if it would cause issues further down the road.
What did Chase want from you to approve the card? Is it your first Chase card? Did they send it to your overseas address or did you use a US address?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Applied for the Marriott Boundless offer (5 free nights certs). Had closed my previous account 33 days ago. Got “we’ll review and let you know” answer. So far (six hours later) no new account has appeared in my online account. The old closed card is still there.
Got my approval email about 30 hrs after I applied, and the card is now also in my online account.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Tiki
What did Chase want from you to approve the card? Is it your first Chase card? Did they send it to your overseas address or did you use a US address?
Asked me a bunch of questions from my application and from my credit reports to establish my identity. Also wanted to confirm my phone number (since I used a Google Voice number). Didn't require me to submit my driver's license or passport or anything like that. This was my first Chase card and it was sent to my US address.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:42 am

I applied a few hours ago. Initial screen was a message "We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision as soon as possible".
I called the automatic number for status and got the 2 week message which (according to https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/ch...r-credit-card/ means it is probably approved.) I got an email from Experian that Chase pulled my file.

Maybe I should leave it until Monday? Still no action from Chase which means a human may have to look at it?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
I applied a few hours ago. Initial screen was a message "We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision as soon as possible".
I called the automatic number for status and got the 2 week message which (according to https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/ch...r-credit-card/ means it is probably approved.) I got an email from Experian that Chase pulled my file.

Maybe I should leave it until Monday? Still no action from Chase which means a human may have to look at it?
Maybe wait until the next working day to call them? Someone called me less than an hour after I applied and verified my application on the spot.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Quick question: now that I have been approved, is there a simple way to get the card details before the physical card arrives? I have some charges coming up that I could put on the new card to get started on the signup bonus spend. I searched on the web (and this forum) and found some info about using personal finance apps like Quicken/MoneyDance to sync the account, or they involved Chase Pay (defunct, no?). I am not really interested in asking for expedited shipping as I then have to deal with UPS/FedEx dropping it off in an unsecured location while I am not around, and it’s not that important to me to get it.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:32 am
RNE

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Quick question: is there a simple way to get the card details before the physical card arrives?
No.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:19 am

I got an email directing me to a message in my Chase account about the application. They wanted me to update my Equifax account with my new phone number. So I created an account with Equifax and provided the info and called Chase. They wanted to send me a text, then apparently couldn't so with no dramas at all asked me what was my former address and my sister's birth month. Then after a short hold, she came back and approved me with a decent credit line!
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
5/24 question

Credit karma has me at 3/24 and credit journey on the Chase site has me at 7/24. How do I find out which is true. Want to get another Chase card. Thanks
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Review the list of seven cards that Credit Journey shows that you opened over the past 24 months. Is it accurate?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by shanna135
Credit karma has me at 3/24 and credit journey on the Chase site has me at 7/24. How do I find out which is true. Want to get another Chase card. Thanks
you don't remember if you opened 3 cards or 7?
Going forward just keep a log of when you open a card, bonus, spend, ect.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
I have a log back going back to 2013. Just not smart enough to check it. Why credit karma has me at 3 I have no idea. Thanks for your help
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:57 pm

Just approved for my 8th (currently held) Chase card. Second one in 60 days.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by shanna135
... credit karma has me at 3 ...
Best I can tell, CreditKarma only lists personal cards, not biz cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.