Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:23 am
RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
TSMRSRNE is making me an AU on her 2010-issued CapOne Visa Sig card. CapOne doesn't require my SS#, so she won't enter it. Thus, the card cannot appear on my CR. Right? And even if it somehow did, the card is 11 years old, so it won't count towards 5/24. Right?
Originally Posted by mia
Using the combination of your name and birthdate I think Capital One and the credit bureau can identify you.
My wife's CapOne card's statement closed on 1/21, and, sure enough, the card appeared on my TransUnion credit report today.

I did not find anything to tell us if Capital One backdates AU reports to when the account was opened.
The account's open date is Jan. 08, 2010.

RNE, breathing a sigh of relief.
MDtR-Chicago and pallhedge like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:05 am

I'm seeing claims in a parallel thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...-3k-spend.html) that the IHG Premier card, and possibly other IHG cards, are not subject to 5/24. Did I miss the memo?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
My app for the IHG Premier was denied d/t "too many credit cards opened in last two years associated with you." I am at 3/24. I called recon line.,Rrep told me AUs count; moved some CL and was approved.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: Southwest, IHG, Marriott
Time between closing a card and reapplying?

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I searched, but couldn't find anything. I guess my question is what is the shortest amount of time you've waited between closing a credit card and then reapplying for that same card?

I have the IHG Premier card and I've been thinking about churning it for another sign up bonus, but the recently announced changes are pushing up my timeline and may possibly make closing the card not an option. I also have the old IGH Select card. I've read that once the changes take place, you can not open a Premier card if you have the Select. At worst, you wouldn't qualify for the sign up bonus. I'm right around the 24 month mark on my Premier card and I don't know if there will be enough time to churn it.

Account opened approximately 2/1/2020
I received the bonus points in my IHG account around 3/15/2020

I'm not sure which date starts the 24 month period, but if I go with the date I received the points, I would have to close my card around March 15th, and I could wait around 5 days and then reapply. However, I've read that it's taking a while for applications to get approved. I would be giving myself about a 10 day period for the card to be approved. I'm not sure it's worth the risk of losing the Premier card. I don't plan on giving up the Select card.

Any input apricated.
Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Is it still inconclusive when the 5/24 exact date is dropped? Any recent DP's applying 1-2 days after 5/24 date?

I usually give it a buffer until the 1st of the following month, but wanting to push it earlier time around.
donasaur likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:38 am
RNE

Originally Posted by MKEque
...I guess my question is what is the shortest amount of time you've waited between closing a credit card and then reapplying for that same card? Any input apricated.
Two weeks. But it was a while ago... approved for a Chase card less than 30 days
donasaur likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I read the terms for applying for the UA Quest card, but want to be absolutely clear that I will get the SUB if approved. If I have never had the Quest card, then I can get the SUB, right?

I currently have the Explorer and last year canceled the Explorer Business. Just want to make sure there is no restriction that I can't have two United cards like there is for the Sapphire versions.

Originally Posted by flydfw
After applying for the UA Explorer card and being denied due to reaching my maximum credit limit with Chase, I called the recon line and asked for 5k of credit to be switched from another card to open the new account. Rep said the decision is pending and I will receive a written notification in 1-2 weeks. Anyone ever had this happen and what was the outcome?
Does anyone know the maximum credit limit in percentage to income?

Last edited by mia; Feb 9, 2022 at 10:12 am Reason: Combine consecutive replies.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Does anyone know the maximum credit limit in percentage to income?
Are you asking per-card or from Chase in total?

I’ve read various sources on the internet (so obviously take with a grain of salt) that Chase limits total credit limit to approximately 50% of income. From data points I know of personally, it seems to be limited to ~50% of salary rather than total W2 income (e.g. Chase underwriting does not seem to factor in stock compensation, bonuses, etc.).
Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Polytonic

I’ve read various sources on the internet (so obviously take with a grain of salt) that Chase limits total credit limit to approximately 50% of income. From data points I know of personally, it seems to be limited to ~50% of salary rather than total W2 income (e.g. Chase underwriting does not seem to factor in stock compensation, bonuses, etc.).
Yes I meant total credit limit. Thankfully I am well within 50% of income on W2. Just wanting to know what sort of buffer I have. And evidently I have some buffer!
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Polytonic

AFAIK Chase has no way of knowing what your W-2, or 1099, shows or what your total income is. All they know is the figure you put down on the card application. The figure I use includes: my wife's and my social security, pensions, 1099 income and money from withdrawn from our investments.

Last edited by philemer; Feb 10, 2022 at 10:10 am
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by philemer
AFAIK Chase has no way of knowing what your W-2, or 1099, shows or what your total income is. All they know is the figure you put down on the card application. The figure I use includes: my wife's and my social security, pensions, 1099 income and money from withdrawn from our investments.
Yeah, I'm good. I have 18% limit in personal and another 10% limit in business cards. Just with W2. Should be okay. thx
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
AFAIK Chase has no way of knowing....
I have no knowledge of Chase's practices, but there are vast databases beyond the credit bureaus that are available to help lenders verify this type of information:

Some Creditors Use an Employment Database
Another way that lenders and creditors can learn about your current finances is by checking an online database of salary and employment information. One such database is Equifax’s The Work Number, which provides employment data reports. These reports contain information about you from employers, including your:
  • current and past employers
  • income and deductions
  • whether you have insurance
  • average hours per pay period
  • pay increases (next scheduled and last), and
  • if you’re getting workers’ compensation.
This database contains payroll data on 100 million workers from over 600,000 employers in the United States
SOURCE: https://blog.nolo.com/blog/2020/05/1...g-your-income/

It may be that when the income you claim deviates significantly from the income they can verify the issuer ask for copies of paystubs or other documents.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:38 am

Just did a MDD with CSP and CSR this week. CSP auto approved 2/8, and applied for CSR next morning. Was fully expecting to have to call in and move credit lines around as the $10,000 minimum CL for Visa Infinite would put me over 50% CL to the income I reported on application (the common conception is that 50% is the maximum they will approve for). But to my surprise, instant approval with said $10,000 CL. Currently sitting at like 62% CL to income.

I started a new job in the middle last year so income on W2 is very low, and they never asked for pay stubs. So... not sure what metrics they use. Honor system?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by muanick
Just did a MDD with CSP and CSR this week. CSP auto approved 2/8, and applied for CSR next morning. Was fully expecting to have to call in and move credit lines around as the $10,000 minimum CL for Visa Infinite would put me over 50% CL to the income I reported on application (the common conception is that 50% is the maximum they will approve for). But to my surprise, instant approval with said $10,000 CL. Currently sitting at like 62% CL to income.

I started a new job in the middle last year so income on W2 is very low, and they never asked for pay stubs. So... not sure what metrics they use. Honor system?
so you didnt call to reduce your CL for the CSP? also, did you do MDD within 24HRS?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
so you didnt call to reduce your CL for the CSP? also, did you do MDD within 24HRS?
No I didn't. I wasn't sure how long it would take for that change to take effect if I did lower it before, and was following the school of thought that says to keep your CL to transfer during recon instead of premeptively.

And yes, I applied for CSR next calendar day after approval, I thought this was standard procedure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.