Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by family_traveler
Applied for CSP 6/10. Called reconsideration line today and explained the multiple pulls due to a mortgage refinance and was approved. Need to wait for this card to arrive to transfer Freedom points to United for a flight < 2 weeks away.
No need to wait for it to arrive. The card should already be in your Chase login.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:30 pm

I got my chase IHG Premier card. It's the 150k offer. I tried to do referral to my wife for this card, the only referral offer is 125k. Will they update this to the 150k?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:12 pm

Haven't gotten a Chase card in a long time but a few months off from being under 5/24 and a few questions if someone can help.

1. How picky is Chase these days with minimum spend for bonuses? Giftcardmall allowed? Large supermarket purchases?
2. Do you anticipate problems with me getting 4 or 5 cards in a 4 month period of so (I'll be under 5/24 for all).
3. Also have an ink business cash that I've had for many years. Fine to cancel it to get the bonus in a few month?
4. I have a few other chase cards that are not super important to me (freedom, freedom unlimited)... do you think best to cancel a few months in advance, or just keep open?

Thanks a lot.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA,UA,DL,WN
Originally Posted by pallhedge
No need to wait for it to arrive. The card should already be in your Chase login.
I had to wait since my online account only showed the last 5 digits. But I was able yo expedite the delivery by calling and got it 3 days later. Transferred freedom points to CSP and CSP to United and booked flights for 4 with 1 week to go. Good thing travel is slow these days.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:47 am
RNE

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
1. How picky is Chase these days with minimum spend for bonuses? Giftcardmall allowed? Large supermarket purchases?
Those purchases are fine.

2. Do you anticipate problems with me getting 4 or 5 cards in a 4 month period of so (I'll be under 5/24 for all).
That's way faster than I'd do it and I'm a risky fool.

3. Also have an ink business cash that I've had for many years. Fine to cancel it to get the bonus in a few month?
No problem, as long as you don't do No. 2.

4. I have a few other chase cards that are not super important to me (freedom, freedom unlimited)... do you think best to cancel a few months in advance, or just keep open?
Keep every card for at least 12 months. Then, cancel anytime.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by RNE

Keep every card for at least 12 months. Then, cancel anytime.
Why is it important to wait 12 months to cancel?

thanks
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:58 am
RNE

Originally Posted by iowa guy
Why is it important to wait 12 months to cancel?
You don't want Chase to think you're not serious about their credit cards. Holding a card for at least a year seems, to me, to convey that sentiment, thus my recommendation. Good luck.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by RNE
You don't want Chase to think you're not serious about their credit cards. Holding a card for at least a year seems, to me, to convey that sentiment, thus my recommendation. Good luck.
Makes sense to me. thanks
Old Jun 24, 2021, 11:33 am

Question

I just applied for the CSP and received the message that they need more time to review and that, if approved, I will receive the card in 7-10 days.

Do applicants actually get declined at the time of submission or does Chase always say they need more time to review? I know they do approve at time of application but I wasn't sure if the decline immediately or always make that statement if they are going to decline via mail.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
I just applied for the CSP and received the message that they need more time to review and that, if approved, I will receive the card in 7-10 days.

Do applicants actually get declined at the time of submission or does Chase always say they need more time to review? I know they do approve at time of application but I wasn't sure if the decline immediately or always make that statement if they are going to decline via mail.
I've had all 4 outcomes over the last several years:
Immediate yes
Immediate no
Yes after review
No after review

The order listed is from most frequent to least frequent.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by highops
I've had all 4 outcomes over the last several years:
Immediate yes
Immediate no
Yes after review
No after review

The order listed is from most frequent to least frequent.

Did you have to call in to the credit card company in order to get the Yes after review?
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:22 pm

Did you have to call in to the credit card company in order to get the Yes after review?
Only if I wanted to speed the process. Generally those were because they did not want to give more credit and they would approve telling me they had taken some of the credit limit from another card for the new card if I didn't call in. If I did they would let me decide how to rearrange credit lines.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:58 am

Only if I wanted to speed the process. Generally those were because they did not want to give more credit and they would approve telling me they had taken some of the credit limit from another card for the new card if I didn't call in. If I did they would let me decide how to rearrange credit lines.

I'm starting to wonder if I might not get approved because my credit limit across all of my cards is almost as much as my annual salary.

EDIT: I think I may still be in the running for the CSP. I received 2 emails today that said my credit file has had an inquiry. Yay!

Last edited by iowa guy; Jun 25, 2021 at 10:16 am
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:16 am

I'm starting to wonder if I might not get approved because my credit limit across all of my cards is almost as much as my annual salary.
I used to be able to take $10,000 from one card to make the new one. I did this to get the Fairmont once and another time to get the Ritz by calling . Mrs. HighOPS just got CSP when they adjusted her limits to create one for the card.

Most of my examples are a little dated since they now judge my fickleness as too high. (I'm almost always over 5/24).
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:20 am

I used to be able to take $10,000 from one card to make the new one. I did this to get the Fairmont once and another time to get the Ritz by calling . Mrs. HighOPS just got CSP when they adjusted her limits to create one for the card.

Most of my examples are a little dated since they now judge my fickleness as too high. (I'm almost always over 5/24).
Did Mrs. HighOPS get denied then she called to adjust her credit limits or did they adjust the credit limits without contacting her first?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.