Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)

Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by mia
To be sure I understand correctly this would mean something like, "No more than two new Chase personal cards in six months, and no more than three in a year."
the DPs I've seen point towards chase counting personal cards from ALL issuers.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:18 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by 808traveler
the DPs I've seen point towards chase counting personal cards from ALL issuers.
In which case 2/6 or 3/12 would replace the 5/24 rule, or do we think this is a sort of pacing requirement, No more than 4 in the last 24 months, and no more than 3 in the last 12, and no more than 2 in the last six months?
RNE likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by mia
In which case 2/6 or 3/12 would replace the 5/24 rule, or do we think this is a sort of pacing requirement, No more than 4 in the last 24 months, and no more than 3 in the last 12, and no more than 2 in the last six months?
Best guess is that JPCMB now has the 5/24 rule along with some combination of a 2/6 and/or 3/12 rule. I'm not certain on the 3/12... but I've seen half a dozen DPs supporting 2/6.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
DP: Rejected and then Approved on recon.

This is my first rejection for a Chase personal card that I ever remember. My DW referred me to the Freedom Unlimited abt 10 days ago and on Monday I received the rejection letter. The reason: too many new accts opened with us in the last 24 months. However, I've only opened 2 new Chase cards in the last 24 months. a business card in May, 2019 and a personal card in Oct, 2019. I currently have 3 Biz & 3 personal cards and no Freedom cards. I've lowered the CL on most of them to $2K or $3K. Credit scores in the low 800s and decent income.

Edit: besides the 2 new Chase cards w/in 24 mo. I also opened 2 non-Chase cards. I called recon an hour ago and was approved after closing one of my old Chase cards. Her main concern seemed to be extending me more credit.

Last edited by philemer; Aug 5, 2020 at 12:02 pm Reason: more info
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:36 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
.... only opened 2 new cards in the last 24 months. a business card in May, 2019 and a personal card in Oct, 2019....
Are these Chase cards or cards from all issuers?
808traveler likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mia
Are these Chase cards or cards from all issuers?
I just edited my post above to say 2 new Chase and 2 non-Chase cards in last 24 mo. Finally approved after closing an older Chase card.

She tried to move credit from my Chase IHG MC but couldn't do it. New one on me.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
There is quiet speculation on another forum
Link? Or at least a more specific reference?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by beltway
Link? Or at least a more specific reference?
The forum is r/churning on reddit. Yesterday's daily discussion thread, IIRC.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Best guess is that JPCMB now has the 5/24 rule along with some combination of a 2/6 and/or 3/12 rule. I'm not certain on the 3/12... but I've seen half a dozen DPs supporting 2/6.

If something changed it must have been VERY recent.

I have opened 4 Chase cards in 2020, one Southwest Business ( Pre Covid startup ) and 3 co branded ( WN, IHG , Hyatt) personal cards.

When I get home I can post the exact date I opened each card but the first statement on my Hyatt card hasn't even closed yet.

EDIT.........Looking at statements/first purchase it appears the Business card was opened in early January... WN personal in mid February.... IHG in late April...........Hyatt in mid July...............I have exact dates on a spreadsheet

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 5, 2020 at 8:50 pm
Old Aug 6, 2020, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
If something changed it must have been VERY recent.

I have opened 4 Chase cards in 2020, one Southwest Business ( Pre Covid startup ) and 3 co branded ( WN, IHG , Hyatt) personal cards.

When I get home I can post the exact date I opened each card but the first statement on my Hyatt card hasn't even closed yet.

EDIT.........Looking at statements/first purchase it appears the Business card was opened in early January... WN personal in mid February.... IHG in late April...........Hyatt in mid July...............I have exact dates on a spreadsheet
It's pretty recent, yeah. Do you have CPC or some other special status with Chase? Income and Fico8?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 9:36 pm

It's pretty recent, yeah. Do you have CPC or some other special status with Chase? Income and Fico8?

No special status, Fico 8 , income and no debt, ..................but none of that mattered with HARD rules such as 5/24.

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 7, 2020 at 9:12 am
Old Aug 8, 2020, 1:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
2/6, as in no more than 1 new card in the last 6 months?
Old Aug 8, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
"Was just auto denied for CF for "too many recent requests for credit", even though I'm only at 3/24 and haven't had a HP since May 3rd and May 4th (failed MDD--success on CSR, denied on CSP).

I called recon right away........I explained 3 recent requests for credit (in March) were my mortgage rate shopping and I was hoping they'd look past that. He said they didn't care about those HPs and he rattled off all my Chase applications in the past 2 years (personal plus biz--6 total if you count the CF denial). He said, "you have about 5 too many inquiries for us to approve you".

https://old.reddit.com/r/churning/co...ugust_07_2020/
Old Aug 8, 2020, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by econ
2/6, as in no more than 1 new card in the last 6 months?
If 5/24 means no more 4 in 24 months then is it more like 3/6 and 4/12 i.e. no more than 2 in 6 months and 3 in 12 months?

Frankly I would sooooo much prefer it be called 4/24 and that way easily understood to be no more than 4. Then the new ones will be 2/6 and 3/12.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
"Was just auto denied for CF for "too many recent requests for credit", even though I'm only at 3/24 and haven't had a HP since May 3rd and May 4th (failed MDD--success on CSR, denied on CSP).

I called recon right away........I explained 3 recent requests for credit (in March) were my mortgage rate shopping and I was hoping they'd look past that. He said they didn't care about those HPs and he rattled off all my Chase applications in the past 2 years (personal plus biz--6 total if you count the CF denial). He said, "you have about 5 too many inquiries for us to approve you".

https://old.reddit.com/r/churning/co...ugust_07_2020/
Phew this never ending addition of shining stars to the Restriction Constellation is making my head spin around the Milky Way. Seems like theyre randomly throwing in new ones on a whim every day.

Is this now saying one cant have more than 1 Chase Hard Pull in the last 24 months? Which then means no more than 2 Chase approvals in 24 months and we now gotta wait 90 days between 2 Chase apps? Plus on top of the X/6, Y/12 and Z/24 Total Approvals, we now have to worry about α/24 Chase Hard Pulls and β/24 Chase Approvals?

This is just total bazonkers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.