Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sapphire Reserve 60k, $4,000 spend in 3 months, $550 fee.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Use this thread to discuss the Sapphire Reserve card offer.

Application page with bonus offer (60,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):
https://creditcards.chase.com/rewards-credit-cards/sapphire/reserve?CELL=6TKX

There are separate threads to discuss:

$300 Travel Credit
Priority Pass
Concierge Service
Travel Insurance
Global Entry/TSA PreCheck reimbursement.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are (with limited exceptions) subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

50,000 UR points is worth $500 as statement credit, $750 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here: https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. (verified in Post #2635 ; also verified by Chase)

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
(** Note that this no longer seems to work checking on 5/18 - the account number in the secure message header is XXXXXX'd out except for last 4 digits)
(** Also I do not see any recent comments 5/18 on timely shipping or shipping method)

1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is five years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2021.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

Authorized User Card:
1. $75 each authorized card each year.
2. Same Priority Pass membership as the main card.
3. Same earning rate on spending. Same fringe benefits as the main card like purchase, car rental and travel insurance etc.
4. No additional Global Entry/TSA credit. Only one credit for the entire account.
5. No additional annual travel credit.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.

The prior, archived version of this thread can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1814294-chase-sapphire-reserve-csr-50k-ur-benefit-reductions-august-2018-a.html

Print Wikipost

Sapphire Reserve 60k, $4,000 spend in 3 months, $550 fee.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:17 pm

No, they won't
Old Apr 3, 2020, 6:55 am

Thoughts on the value/strategy with this card in our current climate? I have about 300k UR and the CSP currently. Those points are worth another 75UR if I upgrade to the CSR and use via the portal. What are your thoughts using the UR Portal going forward as we hope cash prices will be decreasing. I do not have any great status with hotels (hilton diamond is it via AMEX) so lets keep hotel status out of it.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 9:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by geoff325
....Those points are worth another 75UR if I upgrade to the CSR and use via the portal. ....
They are nominally worth an extra $750, but how long might it take you to purchase $4,500 through the portal?
RNE likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
I suspect that social distancing will ultimately put a floor on food delivery demand once people start working again, insofar as restaurants will still be adversely affected for dine-in supply and/or demand.
I didn't think there was any way I'd use my Doordash benefit. Cue a global pandemic, and I've used it up within two weeks.
mia, RNE and JaysonW like this.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 1:05 pm

I called today because I wanted to confirm that I hit my initial spend for the new member bonus miles, but the automated message says I should hang up unless I have an emergency like being stranded abroad without a card, hm.

Any way to check it online?
Old Apr 7, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by jamesinclair
I called today because I wanted to confirm that I hit my initial spend for the new member bonus miles, but the automated message says I should hang up unless I have an emergency like being stranded abroad without a card, hm.

Any way to check it online?
Log into your account and navigate to the Ultimate Rewards page (scroll down the left column to the bottom.)

Click on the appropriate account. There should be a spend "tracker" on that page, in addition to the estimated UR points you'll receive on the next statement.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Log into your account and navigate to the Ultimate Rewards page (scroll down the left column to the bottom.)

Click on the appropriate account. There should be a spend "tracker" on that page, in addition to the estimated UR points you'll receive on the next statement.
Excellent, thats exactly the page I needed:

You did it! Your 50,000 bonus points are on the way!

Points will be on your next statement!
No need for some last minute manufactured spend then.

Edit: I love that it's attached to a single transaction

4/02 SUN BASKET $79.93 50,079.93
Old May 17, 2020, 8:31 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Whatever I did to sign up for DashPass, I did it wrong, because I got charged $9.99 in late April. Rather than wait on hold for who knows how long, I sent a secure message to Chase asking what the deal was. I got a paper reply via snail mail yesterday. Paraphrasing, the gist of the message was:

* they confirmed they did not see my CSR Dashpass benefit being activated
* make sure I'm on the latest version of the smartphone app
* add my Chase card into the app
* adding via third party wallets like Google/Apple pay is not eligible for the benefit
* may need to delete the current card on file and re-add it
* if you accidentally enroll[ed] in the $9.99 paid plan, please end subscription for an automatic refund

I was unable to delete my CSR at first because it was my only payment card, so I had to add a different card, then delete the CSR, then add the CSR again, at which point I got the following popup, which I assume is the "right" way to activate this

Also I had been skeptical of the last bullet point that I bolded, but I indeed received an email shortly thereafter "This email is to confirm that your DashPass subsrciption has been canceled and that you will not be charged again. We've also issued a refund of $9.99 to your VISA ending in xxxx" simultaneously with another email welcoming me to DashPass.
Old May 18, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Alaska,Delta Silver
When Lyft Pink was announced for CSR cardholders in January I signed up with my card to the Lyft Pink site and added the app to my phone. The $19.99 monthly charge started get billed to my card with no credit from Chase..Every month since I had to call CSR and wait on hold to talk to initial call agent only to be transferred to dispute section agent. An additional frustrating wait on hold. Initial agents promised to have a supervisor look into how to credit the monthly charge. Nothing was resolved so my recent call to CSR dispute agent resulted in my monthly subscription credit being made. This fifth month call also prompted me to block Lyft Pink for future monthly subscription charges I think my next hired vehicle will be with Uber and billed on my Am Ex card. BTW I don't use Door Dash either. CSR perks are not in my future.
Old May 18, 2020, 10:31 am
Original Member

Can't get Dash Pass activated

Similar to the experience that the poster above described, I have been trying to get Dash Pass loaded for over 6 weeks. Each time, told to remove CSR from profile and re-add, and delete Dash Pass and re-add. This has resulted in $9.99 monthly charges added to my account and frustration explaining this to support. They open another support ticket, escalate to another group and in the end, same canned response and no resolution., I have also escalated to Chase and they've given me a phone number to Door Dash. Called 2x but still no Dash Pass.

Why promote these benefits when your users are having issues trying to get them. This does not help build loyalty and membership in either company, it ruins it. Is anyone listening from Chase or Door Dash? Probably not.
Old May 18, 2020, 10:35 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by sggolf
Each time, told to remove CSR from profile and re-add, and delete Dash Pass and re-add.
When you re-add your CSR do you get the same popup shown in my screenshot?
Old May 19, 2020, 2:55 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Zorak
When you re-add your CSR do you get the same popup shown in my screenshot?
No, I don't. I just get the screen to buy Dash pass for $9.99/month with no mention of Chase or free benefits!!
Old May 19, 2020, 6:37 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sggolf
No, I don't. I just get the screen to buy Dash pass....
Was your account issued as Sapphire Reserve -or- upgraded from another product?
Old May 20, 2020, 2:52 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by mia
Was your account issued as Sapphire Reserve -or- upgraded from another product?
Not upgraded, account is a CSR.
Old May 21, 2020, 8:11 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question, but maybe someone knows with the DoorDash $60 credit, which I have not used because I have been overseas since this benefit first appeared, it takes end of statement before DoorDash purchases up to $60 are credited.

Say for example, I want to use the $60 DoorDash credit... as in I buy $60 of food from DoorDash in one order on 22 June... my CSR statement ends on 25 June. Will the $60 DoorDash credit appear immediately after 25 June? Then I would still downgrade the card within 30 days from 25 June in order to have the AF refunded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.