Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

CSR - contactless seems to have stopped working!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

My CSR has the contactless "tap to pay" and I've quite happily used it since I got the card. Over the last few weeks it seems to have stopped functioning. Have tried at multiple places that allow tap to pay, and none have worked.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? I don't know enough about the tech - could it somehow have been messed up by phone or other cards in my wallet?

I don't know if Chase would issue a replacement card for this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If your phone has an NFC chip you can install an app to test and read the contactless chip on your cards. Ask in this thread for details:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...artphones.html

If the chip has failed Chase should replace the card. It's no different than a magnetic stripe failure.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I had this happen on my Freedom card when I first got the contactless version. Chase replaced it no questions asked and I haven't had problems since.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.