Chase Sapphire Banking and $1,000 bonus

Old Oct 19, 19, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Chase Sapphire Banking and $1,000 bonus

I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve card and got a bonus offer for $1,000 points if I keep $75,000 in the account for 90 days. I was wondering if people have taken advantage of this offer and what type of accounts they have opened. I currently have a Capital One account earning 1.9% interest so transferring $75,000 for 3 months I lose $356 so ahead by $644 if I am calculating directly and just place in my checking account.
Old Oct 19, 19, 4:35 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by holocker View Post
....bonus offer for $1,000 points .
Dollars or points?

Sounds as if it may be a variant of this offer: JPMorgan offers 60,000 points to sign up for its new Sapphire bank account
Old Oct 19, 19, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by holocker View Post
I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve card and got a bonus offer for $1,000 points if I keep $75,000 in the account for 90 days. I was wondering if people have taken advantage of this offer and what type of accounts they have opened. I currently have a Capital One account earning 1.9% interest so transferring $75,000 for 3 months I lose $356 so ahead by $644 if I am calculating directly and just place in my checking account.
It doesn't need to stay in the checking account. Open a YouInvest brokerage account, transfer the money, then put it into a money market fund, where it will earn a similar rate as what you're getting now.
philemer and xov91 like this.
Old Oct 19, 19, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mia View Post
Dollars or points?

Sounds as if it may be a variant of this offer: JPMorgan offers 60,000 points to sign up for its new Sapphire bank account
It's $1000. Thinking of doing this but wife says "in your name only".

Last edited by philemer; Oct 27, 19 at 11:56 pm
Old Oct 19, 19, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
OP, just open a Sapphire checking. Once the bonus has been credited, ask the account to be downgraded to the lowest level - $1,500 minimum balance, and get the money away.

But never close the account at least for a while.

Many have been doing that with Chase. What's funny is Chase's bankers are used to this.
Old Oct 20, 19, 11:52 pm
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
I signed up for this and transferred my brokerage account from Wells Fargo into a new You Invest. I intend to keep both accounts and use Chase as my primary accounts now that they are opening branches in Minnesota.

The bonus is cash, not points and is taxable as interest paid.
Old Oct 27, 19, 10:52 pm

Chase DD

Does anyone know what counts as a DD for chase bank accounts in October 2019? All the intel I have found seems outdated.
Old Oct 29, 19, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Originally Posted by dr0832 View Post
Does anyone know what counts as a DD for chase bank accounts in October 2019? All the intel I have found seems outdated.
DD????
Old Oct 29, 19, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by christianj View Post
DD????
Direct Deposit.
Old Jan 16, 20, 6:47 pm

Chase Sapphire Banking Card

I'm curious is the card material the same as a debit card or is it heavier like the CSP card?
Old Jan 20, 20, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ton Tran View Post
I'm curious is the card material the same as a debit card or is it heavier like the CSP card?
The sapphire banking debit card is plastic
Old Jan 24, 20, 6:29 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by garykung View Post
OP, just open a Sapphire checking. Once the bonus has been credited, ask the account to be downgraded to the lowest level - $1,500 minimum balance, and get the money away.

Many have been doing that with Chase. What's funny is Chase's bankers are used to this.
What does the lowest level turn into? Just a regular Chase Total Checking account?
Old Jan 24, 20, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Polytonic View Post
What does the lowest level turn into? Just a regular Chase Total Checking account?
Yes.
Old Feb 8, 20, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN CP, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by garykung View Post

Why not -- do they get cranky?
Old Feb 8, 20, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lairdb View Post
Why not -- do they get cranky?
Do you want to get blacklisted?

Based on the OP's offer and some reasonable estimation, the account would have opened only for 4 months.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: