Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Tried to move UR points to Hyatt. Website said special handling required.

Old Sep 18, 19, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott PLT

It said to call number on back of card (Sapphire Reserve). I did. Rep said she tried but got message there were no more transfers allowed this year. She tried to check why but couldn't find answer. She submitted a request to find out why and said it could take 7 - 10 business days for answer.

I haven't transferred UR points to Hyatt this year. Does anyone know the reason?

Also, why does my computer run hot while logged into flyer talk with Safari? (just a side question while the fan revs up on computer.)
Old Sep 19, 19, 8:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I just moved 1K points successfully, so it apparently is not an overall problem. You may want to confirm matching names/addresses on your accounts, or perhaps there is some limit on amount of points one can transfer in a year or something.

As for the computer, it is probably the burden of all the ad downloads taking place......
Old Sep 19, 19, 8:56 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by gardengirl View Post
I.... no more transfers allowed this year...
Do you have any Authorized Users on the Reserve account, and have any of them transferred to Hyatt?
Old Sep 19, 19, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott PLT
It's my husband's Sapphire Reserve account and I'm an authorized user. We haven't made any transfers to Hyatt this year.
Old Sep 19, 19, 1:53 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
If time permits, an alternative would be to transfer points from Chase to your husband's Hyatt account, and then combine them.

https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...terms.html#/VA

VI. Combining Points

A Member may combine points from their account with those of one other specifically designated Member. A single Member may participate in a point-combining transaction (transferring or receiving of points) not more than once every 30 days. In order to combine points, the following requirements must be met:

(a) Each Member must have an active account to be eligible to combine points.

(b) A Program Point Combination Request Form must be completed and signed by both Members and submitted to Hyatt customer service. Forms are available by contacting a Hyatt Global Contact Center. Completed forms must be returned to Hyatt via email as specified on the form. Once received, please allow between two and four weeks to approve and process the combination request.

(c) Points may be combined into only one Member’s account. Points received through transfer will be considered Bonus Points for the recipient. Once issued in the designated recipient Member’s name, the Member transferring the points will relinquish all rights to the combined points.

Search this Thread