CSP or CSR

Old Sep 18, 19, 3:05 am
Original Poster

CSP or CSR

Trying to decide which to get since both cards, with their current signup bonuses have an equivalent of $750.

I'm leaning towards the CSR because it does have more benefits, yes with a higher a.f. As well as I do have a CIP which seems to be almost equivalent to the CSP. Does this sound right
Old Sep 18, 19, 7:56 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
I suggest that you begin by reading this recent thread, which compares Preferred to Reserve:

Help me choose which Chase Sapphire card to get rid of.

1. Reserve has more benefits, but will YOU use them?

2. When you redeem points do you transfer to airline/hotel programs -or- do you buy through the Chase portal operated by Expedia?
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Sep 18, 19, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Caribgrl View Post
Trying to decide which to get since both cards, with their current signup bonuses have an equivalent of $750.

I'm leaning towards the CSR because it does have more benefits, yes with a higher a.f. As well as I do have a CIP which seems to be almost equivalent to the CSP. Does this sound right
If you care about the CSR benefits just get the CSR.
From a pure cashback perspective (sans multiplier, etc.), if your annual spend on travel/dining is $5,500 or more CSR wins.
Exception is first year, for CSP's SUB is worth $100 more. So the CSR annual spend in travel/dining would need to be about $15K or more.
Old Sep 18, 19, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Despite that I only travel (flights and all) once a year would definitely use that $300 TC. And hope to visit a lounge or 2. And I have booked past trips through the Chase portal as well as transferred to Hyatt. I think the CSR is a good choice for me. Esp that I now have to pay cash for an upcoming trip now.
davidlhanson likes this.

Search this Thread