Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.

PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...rs-2020-a.html

This thread is the 2019 version of our https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1710270-chase-retention-bonus-offers-june-2015-present-all-cards.html

Please give us the following data:
Current retention offers (specify the date [mm/dd/yyyy], the card, the offer, how long you had the card and yearly spend)

When you call, you MUST ask if there are any offers on your account. Don't ask for an AF waiver, ask if they can credit your account the $95 (or whatever your AF is) to your account. They cannot remove the AF, but they can credit an amount to offset it. If you cancel your card within 30 days of receiving retention bonus, then Chase may claw back that bonus Note that Chase has shortened the period in which you can close the card and get the fee refunded. It is 30 days for most (or all?) cards.

If you don't get a retention bonus, the card you are holding may have the option of a downgrade. Cards that are downgraded may be upgraded at a later date. Consolidated discussion of that topic is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Retention Offers - 2019

Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:35 pm

DP: Southwest Premier Business Card

Opened October 2018. $99 AF hit 11/1/19 as well as 6k anniversary points. Called retention today and received $100 statement credit to be posted on next statement. $8k annual spend on that card
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by ohmark
11/3/2019
Ink Plus: $50 statement credit. No minimum spend required. Yearly spend: $2,500. No offers last year.
British Airways: $100 statement credit. No minimum spend required. Yearly spend: $30,000. No offers last year.
No points offers on either.
I haven't gotten an offer on the ink plus, curious how this went.? Also, with a $95 fee, why do you retain the card to put $2,500 in spend on it?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I haven't gotten an offer on the ink plus, curious how this went.? Also, with a $95 fee, why do you retain the card to put $2,500 in spend on it?
It might be the cheapest card to maintain the ability to transfer UR pts if one has a good size balance. Also it is 1.25x to book travel thru UR portal.

Plus Ink Plus is legacy card that once it is closed, it is gone forever.

I keep mine too but I use it more often. Totally forget about calling for retention the past 3 years, because I got a full waiver on 1st anniversary and was told no retention the following year. Then I forgot to call in subsequent years.

Will make a reminder to call next year.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:38 am

Full $95 credit on INK PLUS. Didn't mention canceling it. Max out $50k each year.
Happy likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 9:36 am

Chase Sapphire Preferred - Held for 5 years 2014-2019 Dec and Annual spend of 5K. Mentioned considering closing and received $60 statement credit. No other offers available at all...kept it.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:39 pm

few questions:

1) i was told that chase has a retention dept, but no direct number like citi? so do you guys ask to be transferred?

2) im wondering for those with clear and obvious MS and still call chase for retention offers, has any rep questioned GC purchases on CFU, CF, or INK products? i personally avoid calling at all because i dont want eyes on my account, but i wanted to ask the community for their experience.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
few questions:

1) i was told that chase has a retention dept, but no direct number like citi? so do you guys ask to be transferred?

2) im wondering for those with clear and obvious MS and still call chase for retention offers, has any rep questioned GC purchases on CFU, CF, or INK products? i personally avoid calling at all because i dont want eyes on my account, but i wanted to ask the community for their experience.
The partial answer is 2 posts above yours, related to Ink Plu maxed out $50K every year.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by Happy
The partial answer is 2 posts above yours, related to Ink Plu maxed out $50K every year.
yea i saw. but OP didnt mention anything about MS. i guess its assumed though.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I wasn't aware that Citi has a direct retention number. I know AmEx does, but I thought both Chase and Citi require being transferred.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
I wasn't aware that Citi has a direct retention number. I know AmEx does, but I thought both Chase and Citi require being transferred.
sorry. i didnt write that comment clearly. i meant chase has no direct number just like how citi now has no direct number either. citi used to have a direct number just like amex. but that was disconnected.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yea i saw. but OP didnt mention anything about MS. i guess its assumed though.
True. It could be $50K spend with internet / cable services.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:15 pm

Ritz carlton

First call- no offer.
2nd call - they mentioned that theres a $300 travel credit. I said I might not travel much next year. They offered $150 credit on my account. Woot!!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
I may have missed it, but how long after the annual fee posts do you have to call in and ask for a credit? It used to be one month, but I thought that changed? Specifically asking about Chase United Club card.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Very surprising datapoint...

Chase BA. Open for 1yr and did art 20k spend (to get the 100K bonus). Called chase after AF hit the account and requested for closing the account. They offered $50 credit but I closed the account.
Wasn't expecting any offer from them.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 3:25 pm

Had Chase Sapphire Reserve for 4 years now, called for first time for offer and was told none.
The rep was very helpful and mentioned he does not remember chase offering any retention for the reserve cards, but if we choose to cancel we have up to 41 days from the statement date.
So lets say you have renewal on December 2, the statement closes with that fee of $450 on December 25. You now have 41 days from Dec 25 to cancel and get a full refund.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.