Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.

PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...rs-2020-a.html

This thread is the 2019 version of our https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1710270-chase-retention-bonus-offers-june-2015-present-all-cards.html

Please give us the following data:
Current retention offers (specify the date [mm/dd/yyyy], the card, the offer, how long you had the card and yearly spend)

When you call, you MUST ask if there are any offers on your account. Don't ask for an AF waiver, ask if they can credit your account the $95 (or whatever your AF is) to your account. They cannot remove the AF, but they can credit an amount to offset it. If you cancel your card within 30 days of receiving retention bonus, then Chase may claw back that bonus Note that Chase has shortened the period in which you can close the card and get the fee refunded. It is 30 days for most (or all?) cards.

If you don't get a retention bonus, the card you are holding may have the option of a downgrade. Cards that are downgraded may be upgraded at a later date. Consolidated discussion of that topic is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Retention Offers - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Any retention offers for Bonvoy Business?

Has anyone heard of any retention offers for Bonvoy Business?

Last edited by EasternTraveler; Oct 24, 2019 at 4:33 pm
Old Oct 24, 2019, 7:01 am

Refer to the existing thread for Chase retention offers.

Old Oct 24, 2019, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Refer to the existing thread for Chase retention offers.

Thanks, I will look and see if it has the Bonvoy.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
But that agent should also have told you that Marriott Gold (in the new Bonvoy status names) is a close to useless status for most people. You'd need $105,000 spend (plus the 15 annual elite nights you get from holding any Marriott Bonvoy credit card) to get to the meaningful Marriott Platinum status without any stays or meetings.
I thought meetings were now limited?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 5:50 pm

Called about Marriott Business Premier - Nothing!
Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I thought meetings were now limited?
Oh, yes, they are limited. I was simply qualifying that my number was based on 0 meetings and 0 stays. While you can't get that much from meetings any more (basically only from the first meeting each year), you can get some, and my number assumed 0.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:33 pm

Oh, yes, they are limited. I was simply qualifying that my number was based on 0 meetings and 0 stays. While you can't get that much from meetings any more (basically only from the first meeting each year), you can get some, and my number assumed 0.
I really wish you could get the meeting in multiple quantities today. I would push to platinum.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I really wish you could get the meeting in multiple quantities today. I would push to platinum.
Unfortunately, with the merger, Marriott took away just about every way of earning status faster that existed on the Marriott side before the merger. They took away getting elite nights from multiple meetings. They took away getting multiples of 15 nights from multiple Marriott credit cards. They took away rollover nights.

So Marriott went from one of the easiest programs in which to get status without staying much, to one of the hardest.

And the funny thing is, they did this at roughly the same time that Hilton debuted a credit card (the Aspire) which gives top elite status (Diamond) in that program. So as Hilton made earning elite status without staying easier, Marriott made it harder.
notquiteaff and 808traveler like this.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 4:39 pm

Unfortunately, with the merger, Marriott took away just about every way of earning status faster that existed on the Marriott side before the merger. They took away getting elite nights from multiple meetings. They took away getting multiples of 15 nights from multiple Marriott credit cards. They took away rollover nights.

So Marriott went from one of the easiest programs in which to get status without staying much, to one of the hardest.

And the funny thing is, they did this at roughly the same time that Hilton debuted a credit card (the Aspire) which gives top elite status (Diamond) in that program. So as Hilton made earning elite status without staying easier, Marriott made it harder.
That seems like a way to bulldoze your people to a competitor really fast.
808traveler likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
I've had the UnitedClub card for nearly 10 years, but I don't fly United much anymore. I have appreciated having occasional access to United Clubs when they were handy, and I especially like *A lounge access abroad. However, seeing as my main carrier is AA, this card basically becomes useless to me on 1st Nov.

I called Chase and wasn't made any sort of offer. I was just given the option to downgrade.

I've had the card for 10 years, and generally put around $20K per year on the card.

I'll definitely be downgrading, but I was kind of surprised they didn't at least offer me something.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Red Raider LV
I've had the UnitedClub card for nearly 10 years, but I don't fly United much anymore. I have appreciated having occasional access to United Clubs when they were handy, and I especially like *A lounge access abroad. However, seeing as my main carrier is AA, this card basically becomes useless to me on 1st Nov.

I called Chase and wasn't made any sort of offer. I was just given the option to downgrade.

I've had the card for 10 years, and generally put around $20K per year on the card.

I'll definitely be downgrading, but I was kind of surprised they didn't at least offer me something.
$20k a year is significant, I'm surprised they didn't offer anything either, especially considering that UA is not happy with Chase lately.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Have had the Marriott Bonvoy Premier Card for 10+ years and have 90% of the time gotten a credit for all or most of the annual fee. This time the only offer was to downgrade to the no- fee card. Spend is 20k+ per year.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Southwest Priority card, second year. No retention offer. Kept card since it's profitable. $0 spend.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, United Silver
Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite
4th year annual fee of $450 posted on 11/1/19
$100k in spend each of last three years
Offered $150 statement credit on 11/3/19 - accepted. This was same as what I was offered (and accepted) in November 2018.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Ink Plus/British Airways

11/3/2019
Ink Plus: $50 statement credit. No minimum spend required. Yearly spend: $2,500. No offers last year.
British Airways: $100 statement credit. No minimum spend required. Yearly spend: $30,000. No offers last year.
No points offers on either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.