Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.

PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...rs-2020-a.html

This thread is the 2019 version of our https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1710270-chase-retention-bonus-offers-june-2015-present-all-cards.html

Please give us the following data:
Current retention offers (specify the date [mm/dd/yyyy], the card, the offer, how long you had the card and yearly spend)

When you call, you MUST ask if there are any offers on your account. Don't ask for an AF waiver, ask if they can credit your account the $95 (or whatever your AF is) to your account. They cannot remove the AF, but they can credit an amount to offset it. If you cancel your card within 30 days of receiving retention bonus, then Chase may claw back that bonus Note that Chase has shortened the period in which you can close the card and get the fee refunded. It is 30 days for most (or all?) cards.

If you don't get a retention bonus, the card you are holding may have the option of a downgrade. Cards that are downgraded may be upgraded at a later date. Consolidated discussion of that topic is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Retention Offers - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Called just now for marriott boundless. No offer. Downgrade to no af marriott bold available.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 2:34 pm

United Mileage Plus Explorer, 10/5, minimal spend, no offers. Have had this card for 6 years and never got an offer. Still worth keeping for extra award availability.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Called just now for marriott boundless. No offer. Downgrade to no af marriott bold available.
These Bonvoy cards are getting rather hard to keep track of. They badly need new names. The fee cards should be Boundless and Bold. The no-fee downgrades could be Bounded and Cowardly (or Timid). Could you then get yourself to downgrade or would you just pay the fee? "You" being any cardholder, not specifically you.

Forgot to mention, I called recently for my CSP at the first 1-year annual (30+ days after fee posting) and was offered either $50 or $60 statement credit. Didn't catch which it was & doesn't matter so much. Just wanted some offset to fee as this is the weakest fee card I am holding (and possibly even across non-fee cards) & using. Hard to justify the poor earning rate. Accepted the offer.
808traveler likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:25 am

Ink Preferred No offer
Sapphire Preferred $60 statement credit (less than $500 spend in a year, annual fee posted in May)
United Explorer No offer
Marriott Boundless No offer
IHG No offer
Hyatt No offer
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by fairdincum
United Mileage Plus Explorer, 10/5, minimal spend, no offers. Have had this card for 6 years and never got an offer. Still worth keeping for extra award availability.
You could downgrade it to no fee MP and keep the extra award availability.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:55 pm

Southwest Business Premier - no offer
Marriott Business - no offer
Marriott Premier - no offer

No real spend on any of these accounts.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: AA, WN
20+ year customer of Southwest Plus. Called to ask for the annual fee to be waived. Was denied. Also no guarantee of a future statement credit, once the fee is applied. Mentioned to representative other no annual fee cards with cash back, but would not budge on waiving annual fee or offering any concessions.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:55 am

Southwest Rapid Rewards - $70 statement credit
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA, WN
Originally Posted by hula710

Me too after I called a second time.
levilevi likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hula710
Originally Posted by Vitaforce
Me too after I called a second time.
There are multiple Southwest Rapid Rewards cards. Which specific ones were these?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
There are multiple Southwest Rapid Rewards cards. Which specific ones were these?
this was for the 'plus' card
sdsearch likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I have the CSP, I wonder if they will do anything for me on that one?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:54 am

Last month: SW Priority - Denied, minimal spend

Today
Hyatt - $50 SC, about 15k spend
Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Chase Ritz: $150 statement credit. No spend requriement. 3rd anniversary. Around $2k spend in last year on airline and Marriott categories.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
United MileagePlus card, around 10K spend, been open for many years, $60 SC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.