Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Avios Earning Credit Cards: BA, Aer Lingus, Iberia- Up to 100K Avios & more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: fredc84
British Airways, Aer LIngus and Iberia credit cards, all issued by Chase, all earning Avios.

This thread is a continuation of the now archived: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1489178-chase-ba-visa-up-100k-avios-now-rebate-award-fees-18.html

Chase now has 3 Avios earning credit cards, all currently offering up to 100K Avios per card.
Up to 100K Avios - 75K after $5K spend/3 mos. plus 25K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways

New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR (BA credit card only). 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase Avios Earning Credit Cards: BA, Aer Lingus, Iberia- Up to 100K Avios & more

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
The optimum would be
book 2 one way US > Europe and get 2*$200
book 2 one way (or one ticket for two) Europe > US and pay lower surcharges
call BA and merge them while applying the Travel Together Ticket
Is that possible?
Not quite.

You need to use the Travel Together voucher at the outset of the initial booking, not at the end (the “merger”).

As a result of that, you only get one $200 rebate on the booking, not two. The rebate is paid once per booking, not per person.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:26 pm

love the bos-mad in business for just 68K off peak. Loading up on avios. Both wife and I got the Aer Lingus, BA and IB cards.
StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
Originally Posted by blitzen
The optimum would be
book 2 one way US > Europe and get 2*$200
book 2 one way (or one ticket for two) Europe > US and pay lower surcharges
call BA and merge them while applying the Travel Together Ticket
Is that possible?
As I read the T&C, it states that for the rebate the travel must originate from the USA. (USA-EUROPE)
So doing a one-way from EUROPE->USA would not qualify for the reimbursement
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by bajrbajr
As I read the T&C, it states that for the rebate the travel must originate from the USA. (USA-EUROPE)
So doing a one-way from EUROPE->USA would not qualify for the reimbursement
Yes that is correct. But two one ways on BA create lower surcharges than one round trip. That is why I had EU-US as separate booking.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:24 pm

Anyone know if Chase also offers no-fee downgrade options for the Iberia or Aer Lingus cards?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:33 pm

On both of my Chase/British Visa cards, I am being offered 7X Avios on all gas, restaurant, and grocery purchases (up to $1,500 per month) during August and September.

Check your card here:

https://www.chase.com/mybonus
mia likes this.

Last edited by Steve in Olympia; Jul 29, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Old Oct 13, 2020, 3:47 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Does anyone remember how long it takes to get the Avios (spending bonus) from Chase into your Iberia account? I have called Chase and in theory they transferred the 50k avios to my IB account end of September but still nothing. They told me to call Iberia to ask, and Iberia then said to call Chase for "proof" of the transfer, as they have not received anything...
Old Oct 13, 2020, 5:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by JFSV
.... call Chase for "proof" of the transfer,...
Does your paper/pdf statement show the bonus?
Old Oct 14, 2020, 1:47 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Does your paper/pdf statement show the bonus?
Yes, it does. Do you think that I could use this as the proof for Iberia?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
https://frequentmiler.com/new-100k-a...0%28Instant%29

Blogs are reporting there is a new 100k offer on the BA version this time for only $5k in spend.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
https://frequentmiler.com/new-100k-a...0%28Instant%29

Blogs are reporting there is a new 100k offer on the BA version this time for only $5k in spend.
excellent, love avios points..Bos-mad round trip in J for 68k points. wife and I have been churning all 3 avios cards for a long time.
TravelingZoomer likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 9:47 am

Anyone in the past have trouble getting sign up bonus avios posted to IB account? I met the spend and Chase is showing 105,100 points transferred to IB. IB is showing just 5,100 points, no 100k bonus.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA, Southwest
My husband and I both signed up for the Chase British Air credit card last year (we are on year two of the card), and we have had a horrible time trying to get the award flight credits to trigger. I believe out of the 7 or 8 qualifying award flights we've charged with the cards, only 1 has triggered the credit automatically--of course it was the only economy award.

We got these credit cards mainly to take advantage of the credit as we fly a lot on Business or First award flights. Since we fly from SFO, the taxes are in the $600-$700 range on each ticket. I wonder if that is the problem, i.e. the charges are so large BA's system doesn't recognize them as award flight taxes? I have no clue, but I'm so tired of the run-around. Typically, I secure message Chase, they try to send me to BA, I get someone at BA who sends me back to Chase, etc. It's a frustrating experience with no one taking responsibility or seemingly able to fix it. As it happens on both my and my husband's separate cards, it seems to be a system problem. I would love to know if anyone else has had problems and who it is best to ask for/talk to. Until now, basically, I wear Chase down with my emails until they manually apply the credit. But it's a serious PITA. I've love to know who to ask for and who to talk to. I assume someone at BA, but the agents I get are absolutely clueless.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 1:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I would contact BA's official Flyertalk representative: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...tive-club.html
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA, Southwest
Originally Posted by mia
I would contact BA's official Flyertalk representative: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...tive-club.html
Thank you, I will do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.