Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UR to British Airways (BA) 30% transfer bonus 4.22.2019 - 6.16.2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UR to British Airways (BA) 30% transfer bonus 4.22.2019 - 6.16.2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up UR to British Airways (BA) 30% transfer bonus 4.22.2019 - 6.16.2019

In case anyone missed the news, Chase is now offering a 30 percent bonus on UR transfers to the British Airways Executive Club (avios) for transfers executed prior to midnight E.T. on June 16. This is a first for Chase.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
In case anyone missed the news, Chase is now offering a 30 percent bonus on UR transfers to the British Airways Executive Club (avios) for transfers executed prior to midnight E.T. on June 16. This is a first for Chase.
Yeah, I saw that. Real cool news. I'm now researching how easy is it to use Avios points for AA award travel. I also have an LAX-NRT flight to plan next year, and I'd love to use Japan Airlines.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:37 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
There have been intermittent reports in another thread of problems transferring to BAEC for the last year. Start at post 156 in April 2018 and skim forward. There is another cluster of reports in October.

Offer terms for reference:

Promotion Terms & Conditions
Bonus Avios offer is valid for point transfers to British Airways Executive Club completed between 12:00 AM ET on April 22, 2019 and 11:59 PM ET on June 16, 2019. Minimum transfer is 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points. Bonus Avios will be awarded by British Airways in your British Airways Executive Club account when your transfer is complete.

For the Bonus Avios offer, you will receive 30% Bonus Avios for each Ultimate Rewards point transferred during the promotional period listed above. For example, if you transfer 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points, you will receive a total of 1,300 Avios. You must be enrolled in British Airways Executive Club with both your membership in good standing and your Ultimate Rewards credit card account open and not in default in order to participate in this offer. Visit ba.com/executiveclub to enroll. Once you have transferred Ultimate Rewards points, they become Avios subject to the Terms and Conditions of the British Airways Executive Club and cannot be transferred back to your Chase Ultimate Rewards Program account. Taxes, government imposed fees, and all applicable carrier charges apply on British Airways redemption flights and upgrades. Individual airline carrier restrictions may apply. See British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions for details, including Avios redemption requirements, which can be found at ba.com/theclubterms. Reward flights and cabin upgrades are subject to availability. Chase is not responsible for availability of flights, accommodations, Avios or any other rewards in the British Airways Executive Club.

Last edited by mia; Apr 23, 2019 at 5:54 pm
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: US CP, HH DIA, IC AMB
Site will not work

I have tried to xfer to avios for the bonus, B/A U/R transfer site not working, any one else have success?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by mikey110890
I have tried to xfer to avios for the bonus, B/A U/R transfer site not working, any one else have success?
One thing to check is that the name on your credit card EXACTLY matches the name on your BA Executive Club account. I had to call Chase to have my credit card name updated, and then I could transfer the following day.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: US CP, HH DIA, IC AMB
Thanks ace, I spent thirty minutes on the phone with chase using all versions of my name...nothing worked, so I thought maybe it is a B/A software issue since the 30% bonus was just instituted.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:55 pm
mia

There have been intermittent reports, in another thread, of problems transferring to BAEC for the last year. Start at post 156 in April 2018 and skim forward. There is another cluster of reports in October.

Last edited by mia; Apr 25, 2019 at 7:02 am
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, for what it's worth I just did a small transfer and it was instantaneous.

I find it's handy to keep a good supply of Avios on hand for domestic AA redemptions (even though those have become ridiculously hard to get). The BA redemption levels are often better for the flights I use AA for.

Last edited by hotturnip; Apr 24, 2019 at 11:10 pm Reason: Details
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:16 am

The biggest question is... how easy are the really nice redemptions to make?

Like the JAL business and first redemptions from the US to Tokyo didn't have a great rate, but with this bonus the rate becomes pretty decent. But how's availability? Virgin has an amazing value on ANA, but availability is worse than with other partners.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:43 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by baroqen

Like the JAL business and first redemptions from the US to Tokyo didn't have a great rate, but with this bonus the rate becomes pretty decent. But how's availability? Virgin has an amazing value on ANA, but availability is worse than with other partners.
You can find the discussion on Avios redemptions here in the BA forum: Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by baroqen

ANA availability can be difficult from say JFK , but it is out there and availability opens up a day or two before UAL. I was able to snag two F seats with VS points for next Jan and return mid feb. It can be difficult but its doable. I think inter asia flights BA can have some value not great value but it can have some. For example its 25k RT from Tokyo to BKK in economy compared to 40k for both UAL and AA.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:45 am

Not sure how this will affect things, but if I'm reading correctly, this could devalue the 30% bonus (depends on how fast you use things I guess):

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...lling-us-what/
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by luv2vacay
Not sure how this will affect things, but if I'm reading correctly, this could devalue the 30% bonus (depends on how fast you use things I guess):

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...lling-us-what/
I would suggest people consider holding off, or otherwise foregoing on, transferring points into BA's program for any redemption that may be hit by the upcoming BA devaluation and the devaluation details which BA is unwilling to share for now.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I would suggest people consider holding off, or otherwise foregoing on, transferring points into BA's program for any redemption that may be hit by the upcoming BA devaluation and the devaluation details which BA is unwilling to share for now.
DOC has obtained information on this (at least for redemptions in Y), and the changes while unwelcome are not as bad as they could've been I guess. Percentage wise the devaluation is worst on the really short trips, but one could argue that even the new redemption costs are a good value. No info yet on premium cabins.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:27 pm
mia

Originally Posted by halamadrid
.... No info yet on premium cabins.
If you follow the link to the original source there is this:

Pricing for business and first class is consistent. This will still be 2x and 4x the economy class price, respectively.
halamadrid likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.