Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

10x Freedom and Freedom Unlimited offer for hotel bookings, February 2019.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:15 am
Original Poster

As far as this offer is it only good for hotels or anything booked off the portal such as tours or tickets will get the 10x points?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
During the promotional period of March 1 to March 31, 2019 11:59 p.m. E.T., earn an extra 9% cash back on up to $2,500 in combined hotel purchases made through Chase Ultimate Rewards® using your Chase Freedom card. The bonus cash back earned is in addition to the 1% cash back you earn on all purchases for a total of 10% cash back, which means you can earn up to $250 total cash back ($25 cash back plus your $225 bonus cash back). Bonus cash back will post to your account within a week of the transaction posting, and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement and be available for use within 1-2 billing cycles. To qualify for this promotional offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable. For more information about your rewards program, see your Rewards Program Agreement.
https://travel.chase.com/g/rg/freedom-travel-promo
ginmqi likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Alright hotels only...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And keep in mind that since you have to book through the portal, it is likely to be treated as a third-party booking by the hotel and thus if it's chain hotel with a loyalty program you may not get points, night credit, elite benefits if any, etc. So it's great if you're booking indie hotels or hotels where you don't belong to the program anyway, it's not so great if you usually book hotels in programs where you want to earn stuff and get stuff for your stays through the hotel program.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Not looking to book a Hotel. Was just wondering if it's for anything on the portal .
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by sdsearch
And keep in mind that since you have to book through the portal, it is likely to be treated as a third-party booking by the hotel and thus if it's chain hotel with a loyalty program you may not get points, night credit, elite benefits if any, etc. So it's great if you're booking indie hotels or hotels where you don't belong to the program anyway, it's not so great if you usually book hotels in programs where you want to earn stuff and get stuff for your stays through the hotel program.
Not only that, but if you qualify for a lower rate like AAA or government, I don't believe there is any way to use this rate so you may end up paying more.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Very nice. I assume you don't have to register for this promotional offer.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Any experience for folks booking through Chase and getting points?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox

Any experience for folks booking through Chase and getting points?
The answer depends on each chain's policy -and- the individual property's process. Your best source of information will be the chain's forum rather than here, but see this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...-problems.html
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:35 am

Has anyone seen the bonus points post to their account for this promo yet? It says to wait a week after the transaction post date but I'm not seeing any bonus points about a week and a half after.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:49 pm
gpy

Originally Posted by restrictonthehanger
Has anyone seen the bonus points post to their account for this promo yet? It says to wait a week after the transaction post date but I'm not seeing any bonus points about a week and a half after.
Yes, I made 3 bookings for tiny hotels in Japan and got my 10x pending on my next statement.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:30 am

Did anyone else only get the points on the 1st night of their hotel stay?

This is not mentioned in the terms anywhere....
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by bdubs7
Did anyone else only get the points on the 1st night of their hotel stay?

This is not mentioned in the terms anywhere....
Since my post above, I checked again and saw this too. Bonus points are pending only for one night. Called Chase and they said I would get a call back in 5 to 7 biz days regarding the issue.

Call in and perhaps Chase will act on the issue if they hear about it from a lot of people
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:46 pm

Since my post above, I checked again and saw this too. Bonus points are pending only for one night. Called Chase and they said I would get a call back in 5 to 7 biz days regarding the issue.

Call in and perhaps Chase will act on the issue if they hear about it from a lot of people
Same issue. I got a bonus of under 300 points on a $1200 purchase. Waiting for Chase to respond. I definitely would have reserved elsewhere if the terms stated "first night only."
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:00 am

Had the same issue with my two bookings. 2 and 3 nights each and only the per-night-amount is shown as qualified for bonus. Inquired Chase via SM and got a (canned) reply after ~ 1 week as followed:

"We aware of some customers not earning full amount bonus
points for hotel transactions and a resolution is in
place. The bonus points will post within the next one to
two billing statements."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.