FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Sapphire Max (A Proposed New Card) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1953616-chase-sapphire-max-proposed-new-card.html)

RNE Jan 29, 2019 10:10 am

Chase Sapphire Max (A Proposed New Card)

Dear Jamie:

Chase wants to be the top card in my wallet. To that end, you lavish me with UR points. Yet you also inconvenience me with multiple cards, each with their own Byzantine earning structures: CF, CFU, CSP/R. All different! That's poppycock, Jamie.

Instead, offer people like me (handsome geniuses) one card that does it all! All the benefits and points-earnings of the Preferred/Reserve, Freedom and Freedom Unlimited rolled into one, new credit card! Combine the sign up bonuses, minimum spends and annual fees, etc., of course. But make it so I need only one Chase card that I use everywhere automatically! If I use it at a Freedom category merchant, give me 5% (up to $1500). If I use it at a restaurant, give me 3%. If I use it somewhere else, give me 1½%.

Yeah, I get that you're hoping I'll use one of the cards at the wrong place and earn only 1%. But do such petty traps build the customer relationship you seek? Of course not. So, take your feet off your desk, Jamie. Sit up and imagine the next evolution in Ultimate Reward cards: the Chase Sapphire Max.

RNE, not asking any fee for my brilliant idea.

choff5507 Jan 29, 2019 11:30 am

I personally believe we’ll see some sort of refresh of the CSR. I have the feeling because the Amex gold has kind of stolen the thunder as far as bonuses go.

In addition, chase is definitely trying to deepen their relationship with people and now that JPMR is PB only I’m assuming they will perhaps come out with an upgraded CSR or something that’s offered to CPC clients.

JaysonW Jan 29, 2019 1:07 pm

Along those same lines, RNE, I would like to see Chase come up a $1000-$2000 annual fee one-stop shop card, I already pay about that amount in annual fees now on six different cards. I'd be glad to close those accounts and replace them with ONE "super card". Regular spend 2.5x, travel 5x, dining 4x and has meaningful status at airline, hotel, and car rental companies. The card could even have a signup restriction, such as "you must have been a current Chase cardholder for two years before applying" and there's no signup bonus. This would deter card churners and those who abuse the system.

Just my two cents,
Jayson

RedSun Jan 29, 2019 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by JaysonW (Post 30715516)
Along those same lines, RNE, I would like to see Chase come up a $1000-$2000 annual fee one-stop shop card, I already pay about that amount in annual fees now on six different cards. I'd be glad to close those accounts and replace them with ONE "super card". Regular spend 2.5x, travel 5x, dining 4x and has meaningful status at airline, hotel, and car rental companies. The card could even have a signup restriction, such as "you must have been a current Chase cardholder for two years before applying" and there's no signup bonus. This would deter card churners and those who abuse the system.

Just my two cents,
Jayson

Do not think this is going to happen. Happy with what it is....

josephstern Jan 29, 2019 9:45 pm

These ideas would help the 99% (of incorrect card users) maximize.

Never gonna happen.

And, yes, I cringed when I accidentally put a non-bonused purchase on my CSR yesterday.

nexusCFX Jan 29, 2019 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 30717175)
These ideas would help the 99% (of incorrect card users) maximize.

Never gonna happen.

And, yes, I cringed when I accidentally put a non-bonused purchase on my CSR yesterday.

I'll do you one better. I put something yesterday on my CFU thinking I was a genius, only to consider afterward that it was charged in JPY and subject to the forex fee.

josephstern Jan 30, 2019 2:19 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX (Post 30717353)
I'll do you one better. I put something yesterday on my CFU thinking I was a genius, only to consider afterward that it was charged in JPY and subject to the forex fee.

There are so, so many ways for banks to screw us. They will never relinquish these tools.

Caribgrl Jan 30, 2019 3:38 am

Well if Chase is going to come out with a new refreshed Sapphire I hope it's in the next few weeks. I'm about to apply for a Sapphire by then...

RNE Jan 30, 2019 5:47 am

Originally Posted by RedSun (Post 30716213)
Happy with what it is....

My proposal doesn't threaten your happiness. It's not all-or-nothing. The Max is for people who want it; the other cards won't go away. And while, yes, the Max is unlikely, some new top card will come along.

jamebond Jan 30, 2019 7:55 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX (Post 30717353)

Same as me. Last year. I went to Bahamas and price tag in Gift shop is show in dollar so I bought with my CFU and found out when received my statement that is Bahamian dollar and subject to forex fee. T_T

Need Jan 30, 2019 8:18 am

I posted exactly the same thing a while back in another thread LOL. There is no reason that Chase would offer it but sure it would be nice to the users. And I don't have to click thru the combine points screen every month LOL... hey that's like 15 to 20 extra clicks.. maybe more!

And to the posters who used CFU oversea, I almost did what you guys did! I was going to bring my CF oversea when it had 5% on restaurants. I was thinking CSR is 3% and CF is 5%... and I will be there for a few weeks mostly eating out... but then I remember it has FTF! Ever since, I had it on my packing list to take CF out of the wallet when traveling. My CFU is already out of the wallet as I only use it online. For regular day to day I use my BoA Premium Reward... as 2.62% cash back is better than 1.5% in UR to me.

ginmqi Jan 30, 2019 12:34 pm

lol this is awesome and a fun thread.

Just for fun, here's another idea I had:

Chase Sapphire Thanos

The ultimate card that destroys anything and everything in the universe in any category imaginable:
  • 5%+ cash back on everything all the time, you can choose between a base % or an option of higher % (5-10) rotating categories
  • Elite status with every major airline in the world, renewed annually
  • Elite status with every hotel chain in the world, renewed annually
  • Elite status with every car rental chain in the world, renewed annually
  • Able to earn large bonus pts for every $1 spent for any airline/hotel/car rental rewards program you choose (maybe give option to choose the airline/hotel each year)
  • Free entry to all major premium/luxury airport/hotel lounge areas (amex black card members will weep as they watch you get ushered into your own private area. Full complimentary custom orders/beverages, complimentary to any and all airport resting/bedroom suites available)
  • Annual credit for airline incidental fees (baggage fee, ticket change), annual credit for hotel incidentals
  • Complimentary perks for any and all hotel stays like virtuoso perks (breakfast, parking, early/late check-in/out)
  • Automatic free extended warranties on everything purchased 1-2-3+ years
  • Complimentary reimbursement of returns/exchanges of products not honored by manufacturer/store
  • Exceptional travel insurance included with EVERY flight/hotel/car reservation, lost luggage, trip delay, etc.
  • Several free hotel nights/miles for various spending thresholds
  • Complete car rental CDW (no exclusions, will cover exotic cars, moving trucks, whatever, if its on 2 or 3 or 4 wheels, its covered)
The cost for this card? Everything.

glg Jan 30, 2019 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by ginmqi (Post 30720028)
Chase Sapphire Thanos

The ultimate card that destroys anything and everything in the universe in any category imaginable:
  • [trimmed]
The cost for this card? Everything.

Oh Snap!

(I'm sorry, I'll show myself out...)

Magic Pickles Jan 31, 2019 5:01 am

Chase Sapphire Ultimate :D

RNE Jan 31, 2019 9:32 am

Originally Posted by jamebond (Post 30718653)
Same as me. Last year. I went to Bahamas and price tag in Gift shop is show in dollar so I bought with my CFU and found out when received my statement that is Bahamian dollar and subject to forex fee. T_T

Yup! It's annoying and makes me neurotic every time I pull a card out of my wallet. "Wait! Is that the right one???"

Originally Posted by Need (Post 30718744)
There is no reason that Chase would offer it but sure it would be nice to the users...

There may be a way to make this a win-win for Chase and us. Perhaps a modest increase in the AF? Perhaps no increase if you have checking with some minimum balance? Or some large annual minimum spend requirement to remove or reduce that increased AF? Or some other consideration?