Wiki Posts
Search

+1 Bonus UR Point for Google/Apple Pay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
+1 Bonus UR Point for Google/Apple Pay

Reported on multiple blogs, but I have yet to see any any further communication like an email. Anyone have any luck with these bonus points posting? So far nothing for me, confusion if targeted or not it seems

https://thepointsguy.com/news/chase-...mobile-wallet/

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/201...gle-apple-pay/

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...y-in-december/
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I suspect it is in fact targeted. Didn't receive any emails and posted transactions within a day or two of the original announcement didn't earn any extra points either.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tmiw
I suspect it is in fact targeted. Didn't receive any emails and posted transactions within a day or two of the original announcement didn't earn any extra points either.
I never got anything either, but I reached out to Chase on twitter and seems like all UR earning cards are eligible? Zero info from Chase itself, only blog posts from third parities. As much marketing junk I get from Chase just odd no communication from any official channel for something I would think would would be pertinent to a large segment of the cardholders.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
It would come in handy using say your Sapphire at Costco once your Freedom $1500 are up.

Last edited by vanillabean; Dec 9, 2018 at 10:33 pm
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DG206
I never got anything either, but I reached out to Chase on twitter and seems like all UR earning cards are eligible? Zero info from Chase itself, only blog posts from third parities. As much marketing junk I get from Chase just odd no communication from any official channel for something I would think would would be pertinent to a large segment of the cardholders.
The weird thing is that I got a similar promotion last year on my CSR (coincidentally while I was in the UK, so I basically ended up with a minimum of 2x on all of my purchases there ) and the extra points posted at the same time as the regular ones. I guess Chase tweaked it so that they wouldn't need to award extra points for any returns and such.

Still, it would be nice to have something official mentioning it, even if it was just a message when I log into online banking or something.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Still, it would be nice to have something official mentioning it, even if it was just a message when I log into online banking or something.
Right? You think there would be some communication besides third party bloggers

My pending points don't show any bonus earn yet. Guess we'll see
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Right? You think there would be some communication besides third party bloggers

My pending points don't show any bonus earn yet. Guess we'll see
Bonus points are advertised to post 6-8 weeks after the completion of the promotion, which ends on 31 Dec.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Bonus points are advertised to post 6-8 weeks after the completion of the promotion, which ends on 31 Dec.
Just checked and it looks like Chase retroactively applied the points on my Google Pay transactions from December 3rd onward. Transactions since my statement closed seem to be getting the points applied as they post, too.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Just checked and it looks like Chase retroactively applied the points on my Google Pay transactions from December 3rd onward. Transactions since my statement closed seem to be getting the points applied as they post, too.
Thanks for the heads up. I checked after reading your post and bonus points for transactions I made about a week ago have also posted.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

You think there would be some communication besides third party bloggers
For a promotion running from Dec 03 to Dec 31, I received email from Chase on Dec 11 for one card and Dec 18 on another. Each card's email applied only to that card.

Chase could have done better. Besides notifying me earlier, there could have been one message that described the promotion for all applicable cards. Even now, I'm wondering whether I'll get yet another email for another UR-earning card. Ridiculous!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
It looks like my first Apple Pay bonus on the Sapphire was on December 3th. Looking forward to an airbnb posting. Unfortunately my home insurance company’s iPhone app doesn’t support Apple Pay, any way around it?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vanillabean
It looks like my first Apple Pay bonus on the Sapphire was on December 3th. Looking forward to an airbnb posting. Unfortunately my home insurance company’s iPhone app doesn’t support Apple Pay, any way around it?
VGC from a store that supports NFC? Though depending on the bill it might not be worth the GC fee.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

I wound up doing pretty well with this promo despite poor communication. Spend a few weeks in Copenhagen where food and drink is quite high and everyone- including street vendors at the Christmas markets took Apple Pay
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wound up doing pretty well with this promo despite poor communication. Spend a few weeks in Copenhagen where food and drink is quite high and everyone- including street vendors at the Christmas markets took Apple Pay
Out of 33 transactions on my CSR during the promo period, 22 of them used a mobile wallet (53 total transactions on the CFU, with 16 using a mobile wallet). In fairness, though, I used the CFU for a lot of online shopping this past month, not to mention that there would have been a few more mobile wallet transactions early on had there been better communication.

Anyway, there's definitely been improvement in merchant acceptance in the US but it's still fairly poor compared to elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.