Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase online account question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Chase online account question

I recently closed ink cash, and that was my only business card.

I combined business/person accounts when I got ink cash.

how long will it take so it will disappear from my online account?

when it does, will my online account change to personal?

I called Chase and asked, reps don't know.

thank you
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by dhlee528
I recently closed ink cash, and that was my only business card.

I combined business/person accounts when I got ink cash.

how long will it take so it will disappear from my online account?

when it does, will my online account change to personal?

I called Chase and asked, reps don't know.

thank you
I have cards that were closed several years ago that are still on the online account. If it bothers you, then then hide that card on your online profile. Here is how to do that.

Click on the ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT tab on the top of the page

Scroll to Profile and settings

On the left side of the screen, look under ACCOUNTS and click on Show or Hide Accounts

Then hide the account. On my profile, it shows accounts that were closed 4 or more years ago. It's actually a good way to keep track of when you receive bonuses and things like that if you don't keep other records.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jeanie
I have cards that were closed several years ago that are still on the online account. If it bothers you, then then hide that card on your online profile. Here is how to do that.

Click on the ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT tab on the top of the page

Scroll to Profile and settings

On the left side of the screen, look under ACCOUNTS and click on Show or Hide Accounts

Then hide the account. On my profile, it shows accounts that were closed 4 or more years ago. It's actually a good way to keep track of when you receive bonuses and things like that if you don't keep other records.
Thank you, I was able to hide the account, however, it still says Chase for Business on top. just curious if there is a way to change back to personal account.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:51 pm

Thank you, I was able to hide the account, however, it still says Chase for Business on top. just curious if there is a way to change back to personal account.
When I combined my personal and business online accounts earlier this year, Chase kept the personal login functional. So I can see both personal and business cards on my business profile, and then when I log onto my personal profile, I only see personal cards.

It might be good to try to log onto your old personal account if you still know the username and password. Chase told me they did this so that I could use Chase Pay. The rep said that the business online profile was not capable of Chase Pay, but the personal accounts are. Sure enough, I was able to sign up for Chase Pay on my personal login, and I can get my 5% cash back with the Freedom card.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jeanie
When I combined my personal and business online accounts earlier this year, Chase kept the personal login functional. So I can see both personal and business cards on my business profile, and then when I log onto my personal profile, I only see personal cards.

It might be good to try to log onto your old personal account if you still know the username and password. Chase told me they did this so that I could use Chase Pay. The rep said that the business online profile was not capable of Chase Pay, but the personal accounts are. Sure enough, I was able to sign up for Chase Pay on my personal login, and I can get my 5% cash back with the Freedom card.
when Chase combined mine, they kept same user name, so my personal profile is total loss.

also, I've been using Chase pay just fine.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:38 pm

when Chase combined mine, they kept same user name, so my personal profile is total loss.

also, I've been using Chase pay just fine.
I obviously have no idea what you're asking then. What are you complaining about? Do you just not like the word business at the top of the page?

In my experience with Chase, nothing will change unless you want to spend a long time on the phone with Tech Support to make it change. The business and personal online profiles should remain merged. Then if you get any business cards in the future, they would be added to the existing merged online profile.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

quick update, I called 1-877-242-7372

Chase was able to do it in 5 min
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I'm curious to know why close a free UR earning card?
mia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.