Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase new business account site - how to nickname business card?

Old Sep 28, 18, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So Chase finally took the last step to push the business accounts site to be the similar set up as the personal accounts site.

As expected like the AMEX site, now you have to go thru multiple screens to find what you want...

One thing I could not find though, or not functioning for the business cards, is the Nickname Account function.

I finally found this function, but on the screen, it only show the business checking that can be nicknamed, NONE of the 3 business cards is shown as an option under the D/B/A profile. All personal banking accounts and cards are listed as options that can be nicknamed.
All the 3 business cards are in SHOW it status, as they are all listed in My Account, as well as have the SHOW IT button darkened.
SM rep told me to go the Profile (the person icon at the top) and then pick "Dash Board", then Nickname Account.
Well, there is no "Dash Board" under the Person Icon. I have clicked thru each submenu under the Person icon, none applicable.
The left hand side bar does have the Nick Name choice - but that is the same choice I have found before, and it only shows the business checking account among the account that can be nicknamed.

I also notice that the Ink Cash is using the account holder's first initial and last name as the account name, versus the Ink Plus or Ink Preferred, that use the card's name. Only the employee cards are shown as Initial. Last Name. Co-brand cards also used the Co-brand name. Ink Cash is one such outlier that even the Primary Card uses the Initial. Last Name. as the account name shown on Chase site.

I really like to have nickname because it tells me at a glance what the card is (especially when all have the same credit lines), as well as the date it opened (incorporated in the nickname). Now I have to actually click the image to see what card it is.

Does Chase not allow nickname business cards?
Old Sep 30, 18, 11:56 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I have two Chase logins,
One for business that has my business cards and all of my personal cards. they are listed to the left of the page a nd clicking on any of them displays the details to the right.

And one for my personal cards I had to have in order to use Chase Pay, the layout is the same, cards listed to the left and the one selected the details are to the right.

I know the last 4 numbers of all of my Chase and Amex cards so that serves me well.
Old Oct 17, 18, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
So Chase finally took the last step to push the business accounts site to be the similar set up as the personal accounts site.

As expected like the AMEX site, now you have to go thru multiple screens to find what you want...

One thing I could not find though, or not functioning for the business cards, is the Nickname Account function.

I finally found this function, but on the screen, it only show the business checking that can be nicknamed, NONE of the 3 business cards is shown as an option under the D/B/A profile. All personal banking accounts and cards are listed as options that can be nicknamed.
All the 3 business cards are in SHOW it status, as they are all listed in My Account, as well as have the SHOW IT button darkened.
SM rep told me to go the Profile (the person icon at the top) and then pick "Dash Board", then Nickname Account.
Well, there is no "Dash Board" under the Person Icon. I have clicked thru each submenu under the Person icon, none applicable.
The left hand side bar does have the Nick Name choice - but that is the same choice I have found before, and it only shows the business checking account among the account that can be nicknamed.

I also notice that the Ink Cash is using the account holder's first initial and last name as the account name, versus the Ink Plus or Ink Preferred, that use the card's name. Only the employee cards are shown as Initial. Last Name. Co-brand cards also used the Co-brand name. Ink Cash is one such outlier that even the Primary Card uses the Initial. Last Name. as the account name shown on Chase site.

I really like to have nickname because it tells me at a glance what the card is (especially when all have the same credit lines), as well as the date it opened (incorporated in the nickname). Now I have to actually click the image to see what card it is.

Does Chase not allow nickname business cards?
I am also trying to figure out the same thing. The personal login has more profiles options than the business login and right now the business cards are all listed as "Business Card" which can get confusing fast.
Old Oct 17, 18, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by osugrad2x View Post
I am also trying to figure out the same thing. The personal login has more profiles options than the business login and right now the business cards are all listed as "Business Card" which can get confusing fast.
The tech support cannot figure out why the business profile only shows the checking account without any of the 3 business cards listed as an option for nickname function.
Nor they could figure out why Ink Cash is not listed under the D/B/A profile but all by itself, shown with cardholder's name as card name, versus the other Ink cards shown with their proper product names, so as the Marriott business card.
So for now I have to hover the cursor over the card image in order to tell business card it is because I cannot remember their last 4 digits, and they all have the same CLs.
Old Nov 2, 18, 8:34 pm

This used to be possible since I can see my business cards nicknames listed on the UR page. Except that it's not helpful because I product changed my Ink Business Preferred to Cash and now the nickname is wrong At least the icon is correct.
Old Nov 9, 18, 7:43 am

Chase needs to fix this. Seems so simple. Itís problematic for me as a currently use the old chase ink card that has 5% rewards on telecommunications for personal use still and just got the new ink preferred for business use. This would help me and my CPA. Somewhat unbelievable chase canít resolve this.
Old Aug 23, 20, 9:23 am

Has this been fixed yet? I still can't figure it out.
Old Aug 23, 20, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1.5MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy LT Titanium (Ambassador thru 1/20), Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by JPWRana View Post
Has this been fixed yet? I still can't figure it out.
No
Old Aug 23, 20, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And IMHO it's gotten even worse because of the new default Summary view, which shows every card as just "BUSINESS CARD" (at least if you haven't added any personal cards there) and the last 4 digits. if you don't happen to remember which card is which based on the last 4 digits, and need to know whether it's a United business card or a Southwest business card or Marriott business card on an Ink business card to figure out which card is which, you now have to switch to the Accounts view every time you log in just to see that (and that only by looking at the picture of the card).

I don't know why Chase doesn't realize how limiting that Summary view is for people with several cards of different types but who don't know the last 4 digits of each card. What was their thinking in coming up with that view and forcing it as the default view for everyone?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 24, 20, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I would also add that, it has been over 2 months now that the first screen I see after long in, is that "news" of whatever "new features" of business cards. I could not find any way to disable it. So each time I have to click the "Got It" below as very often simply clicking the X does not close the screen.

The inability to nickname business cards is never fixed.

I also notice that despite both I and my husband have personal cards under the business log in, on my home page my UR and IHG pts are displayed on the right but my husband's home page is missing the display. Why is so? His CSR UR account also only has prev 6 months history while all his other cards have at least 12 months or even more history in their UR accounts. Mine also have at least 12 months or more history. Nobody at Chase could figure out why. So now we resort to take screen capture every month in order to keep a record. Internally the SM reps see the full history and were able to detail them out when asked, but what a hassle!
Old Jan 22, 21, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was just trying to figure this out myself and the Chase website says Only business cards with employee cards are eligible to nickname the primary cardholder's card on the account. So unless you have employee cards, it doesn't seem possible.
Old Jan 22, 21, 8:11 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by Graciecatt View Post
I....unless you have employee cards, it doesn't seem possible.
Even if you have employee cards you cannot rename the card account to distinguish it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: