Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPMorgan offers 60,000 points to sign up for its new Sapphire bank account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/chase-is-now-offering-points-on-a-checking-account-but-theres-a-big-catch-2018-09-14

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/13/news/companies/chase-sapphire-banking/index.html

April 2019: sweetened offer requires 45 days to earn points plus 45 additional days to hold money in account:

https://accounts.chase.com/consumer/banking/online/sapphireUR

Online application

Customers must make at least $75,000 in new deposits, or in investments, to qualify. Those investments must be kept at Chase and cannot be retirement investments. If customers meet those requirements, they will also get access to a new digital investment platform called YouInvest by JPMorgan, which gives commission-free stock and ETF trades with $0 account minimums.
  • You need a Sapphire or Freedom credit card to be eligible
  • You need to hit the minimum balance within 45 days and maintain it for 90 days
  • You need to leave the money in the account for 6 months
  • Offer extended to March 5 2019
  • As of 4/22/19, Chase.com had an expiration date of 6/15/19 and 90 days duration for the 60,000 UR promotion. https://accounts.chase.com/consumer/banking/online/sapphireUR
Customers who maintain $75,000 in qualifying deposits or investments receive:
  • No fees on ATMs worldwide, including refunds on fees charged by non-Chase ATM owners
  • No fees on everyday banking, including foreign exchange fees, outgoing wire transfers and stop payments
  • Higher ATM withdrawal limits
  • Commission-free stock and ETF trades (new You Invest platform)
Accounts that do not maintain a $75,000 average balance incur a $25 monthly fee.
Print Wikipost

JPMorgan offers 60,000 points to sign up for its new Sapphire bank account

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
Originally Posted by blargle
Anyone sign up for this with a Freedom card? T&Cs mention Sapphire or Freedom card qualifies.
yes, Freedom Unlimited -- although it took me sending the banker a screen shot of the chase.com T&C for them to process. The branch believed it was just the sapphire branded cards.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
Originally Posted by euromannn
Did you take the $750 vs points? I would take $750.
Is the Cash option still available with the banker?
Did you move into YouInvest and into a Vanguard 2.3% fun for 90 days?
1099-INT of $750 on 25% tax bracket means you lose $187.50 paying taxes.
I did the the 60,000 points because I value them higher than the cash since I transfer them to airlines for long-haul business class tickets. Also by using points, the tax hit will be lower.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by silver02accord
Yes, I had CF and CFU and signed up. Actually I have had the $75k in the account since 10/26 which has been more than 90 days and maintained the $75k balance but I have not received any points. Going to call Chase today.
I think it says it can be 45-60 to post after you complete the 90 day period. I think mine posted on the second cycle of my card. Around 30 or so days
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Might haven't posted yet but I was told by banker at my branch they should post on my next statement. Between this and 2 ink bonuses I will have a nice stash of UR points.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:17 am

Can I simply roll an IRA > 75k into a Chase account somewhere? Or do I need to actually move around checking/savings/etc.? Can't seem to find a clear answer on this, apologies if I missed it.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:25 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by dblue
Can I simply roll an IRA > 75k into a Chase account somewhere?
From the wiki:

Customers must make at least $75,000 in new deposits, or in investments, to qualify. Those investments must be kept at Chase and cannot be retirement investments.

Also, the offer was initially made with an expiration of January 11 2019. Let us know if you find they have extended the offer.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
From the wiki:

Customers must make at least $75,000 in new deposits, or in investments, to qualify. Those investments must be kept at Chase and cannot be retirement investments.

Also, the offer was initially made with an expiration of January 11 2019. Let us know if you find they have extended the offer.
I didn't like Chase's screening on questions about employment, etc so I rejected the 60k offer/$750.00

Just don't like being interrogated by a Bank employee when I was ready to deposit $75,000 check.
Plus I am Chase Bank Saphire Reserve Card holder plus a former Chase checking account holder.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I didn't like Chase's screening on questions about employment, etc so I rejected the 60k offer/$750.00

Just don't like being interrogated by a Bank employee when I was ready to deposit $75,000 check.
Plus I am Chase Bank Saphire Reserve Card holder plus a former Chase checking account holder.
I did this in branch, with a banker and did not experience any "interrogation" whatsoever.

Regards
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:28 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

Why even make a trip to the branch when they make it so simple to open online. Took less than 5 minutes.

They even allow you to deposit the funds later.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:34 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
From the wiki:

https://accounts.chase.com/consumer/...jdzM6Raj_s_TCQ

Can open online

Extended to March 5, 2019
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:55 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Sure it is your choice to reject the $750..... I was never interrogated, but willing to give true answer. Get noting to hide since all my banking info is there.

It is your gain or loss....
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by damon88
Why even make a trip to the branch when they make it so simple to open online. Took less than 5 minutes.

They even allow you to deposit the funds later.
I figure you did not receive the email. The original offer was "upgrade" offer for existing Chase customer. In order to upgrade your existing Chase checking account, you'll need to visit a branch to do it. That is was the only way to do the upgrade. I was happy to shake hands with the Chase private banker. Good for future business too. Maybe he will help me to bypass 5/24 some day. What is to loss?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:37 pm

Does anyone know if a direct 75K ACAT transfer from Vanguard into Chase You Invest would qualify? I’ve searched and it seems like some people transferred 75K in cash into the checking account, then bought ETFs in their You Invest account. I haven’t seen any data points about direct in kind ACAT transfers. Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by UCitiFlyer
Does anyone know if a direct 75K ACAT transfer from Vanguard into Chase You Invest would qualify? I’ve searched and it seems like some people transferred 75K in cash into the checking account, then bought ETFs in their You Invest account. I haven’t seen any data points about direct in kind ACAT transfers. Thanks!
I did an asset transfer and the Chase CSR confirmed it met requirements via secure message. We'll see though once the points post
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by UCitiFlyer
Chase just wants new money into its bank. It does not care how you do it. When the transfer completes, send a note to your banker to remind them. It may not be automatic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.