Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2021, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by cesco.g
A family member applied for a CSP and got instantly approved. Realized that a CSR was opened on 1/1/19 and held for about 1 year.
Any reason to be concerned about not receiving sign-up bonus?
They will get the bonus if they meet the spending requirement. Perhaps they didn't do so when they had the CSR in 2019, which would explain the approval.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:13 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Well it's been over 50 months for me now.

I've held off on applying for CSP because I still had to meet opening for Green Amex.

Also hoping they return the 80k UR points that they offered last November or so.

Any ideas on whether they might?
Old Mar 11, 2021, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by exp

I've held off on applying for CSP because I still had to meet opening for Green Amex.

Also hoping they return the 80k UR points that they offered last November or so.

Any ideas on whether they might?
I would wait about 2 weeks
RNE likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:10 am
RNE

Originally Posted by exp
A long stretch in the Chase Penitentiary, to be sure.

I've held off on applying for CSP because... [I'm] hoping they return the 80k UR points that they offered last November or so. Any ideas on whether they might?
I don't know if or when Chase may increase the CSP 60k SUB, nor does anyone... except Jamie Dimon. I'll ask him when he's over at our place for Easter. Seriously, because the 80k SUB happened once, it can happen again. But when, if ever? How long are you prepared to hold out?

RNE, commenting that P2 and I didn't hold out long; in January she applied for the CSP at its 60k level, but the referral bonus I received softened that blow.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
I would wait about 2 weeks
Originally Posted by RNE
I don't know if or when Chase may increase the CSP 60k SUB, nor does anyone...
Would I steer you wrong?
RNE likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:10 pm
exp
Suspended

Well I'm not booking flights and hotels now so no hurry quite yet.

I might make speculative bookings but then if those don't pan out, my spending to meet the bonus goes poof.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:07 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by exp
You got your wish. Doctor of Credit reports that the 80k offer will be back beginning March 21.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...gins-march-21/

RNE, giving a nod to pallhedge.
lax01, pallhedge and strickerj like this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 3:39 pm
exp
Suspended

Yay! Some luck there.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
You got your wish. Doctor of Credit reports that the 80k offer will be back beginning March 21.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...gins-march-21/

RNE, giving a nod to pallhedge.
Ugh, now I need to decide between this an USB Altitude Reserve after I finish spend on the AMEX BBP
Old Mar 12, 2021, 1:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of US Bank Altitude Reserve moved: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...erve-card.html

Discussion of an increased bonus for Sapphire Reserve was moved here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...e-delayed.html

Last edited by mia; Mar 12, 2021 at 3:38 pm
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I received an email about a bonus on CSR if I did ????, cannot find the email and do not remember the promotion. Does anyone els?
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:47 pm
exp
Suspended

CSP at 80k offer is live now and TPG says best offer ever because of the $50 grocery credit in addition to the 80k points.
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 12:02 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
My previous CSR bonus posted on a statement with a closing date of 3/3/2017. PCed the CSR in late 2020 and do not currently hold any other Sapphire cards. I tried applying in-branch for the CSP today and the system wouldn't even let them do it (which they then tried to claim was because it has to be 48 months from account closure, not last bonus ) so maybe it's not an exact 48 months? And here I thought I was being safe waiting until April guess I'll try again next month.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:09 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Forgot to update the thread, but good news:

Originally Posted by Zorak
My previous CSR bonus posted on a statement with a closing date of 3/3/2017. PCed the CSR in late 2020 and do not currently hold any other Sapphire cards. I tried applying in-branch for the CSP today and the system wouldn't even let them do it (which they then tried to claim was because it has to be 48 months from account closure, not last bonus )
a friend fwded me a post from r/churning saying there was a glitch causing some customers to be unable to apply for a CSP in-branch and that it would be fixed April 23. Whether because of that, or...

Originally Posted by Zorak
so maybe it's not an exact 48 months?
... I have since successfully applied for CSP in-branch, followed by MDD for the CSR.
Old May 9, 2021, 12:33 pm

We received the Sapphire Reserve bonus in the 3-27-2017 to 4-26-2017 statement. Downgraded to Freedom a couple of years ago. We just applied today and was approved for the Sapphire Preferred, are we safe for the 80k sign up bonus or should I have waited? Thanks for the valuable information!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.