Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2020, 1:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RNE
I called today (three times) and I utterly failed in each attempt. I was really nice too.
Condolences. But now I don't feel bad for not even trying, because my anniversary was not nearly as close as yours.

Originally Posted by RNE
I hate being nice.
But you're so nice here.

Originally Posted by RNE
[...] Chase's records show I earned it on November 10, 2016.
Did an agent tell you? Is there a way to verify it short of a phone call or Secure Message?
Old Nov 18, 2020, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
As you may know, I PC'd my CSR and recently applied for the CSP a day or before its 80k SUB expired. I did this despite knowing I was about 12 days shy of surpassing the 48-month waiting period. (Chase did deny it for that reason, as expected.) Why did I do this? To get my application on record so I could later call Recon and cajole them into approving my application at the higher bonus. I called today (three times) and I utterly failed in each attempt. I was really nice too. I hate being nice.

Anyway, I learned something valuable. To wit, although my CSR 100k bonus appeared on my November 17, 2016 statement, Chase's records show I earned it on November 10, 2016. So, it appears statement date is not what counts after all. This info is moot now, of course, but it may benefit someone down the road if/when a cutoff date is close. YMMV.

RNE, crestfallen.
You mentioned that there was no hard pull when you applied earlier in the month. So apply again. Many referral links still have the 80k offer attached.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 7:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
Originally Posted by halamadrid
Posting and Earning are one and the same. When you meet the spend requirement you are notified that you will earn the points on your next statement dated DD/MM/YYYY. In your case your "earn date" would match the statement date when the points posted or Nov 11.
But then post #404 seems to indicate otherwise. It may be best if we can get more data points.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 7:10 am
RNE

Originally Posted by richarddd
I wonder if the date you earned the bonus is when you charged enough to take you over the limit or the date those charges post.

My sympathies.
Thanks. It was worth a shot. Nothing lost. No pull. Just a little time. And, yes, I suspect Chase uses the date sufficient charges post as the SUB-earned date. It would be nice to have more data points on this though.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 7:21 am
RNE

Originally Posted by serpens
But you're so nice here.
I'm a real sweetheart.
Did an agent tell you?
Yes, I telephoned.

Originally Posted by pallhedge
You mentioned that there was no hard pull when you applied earlier in the month. So apply again. Many referral links still have the 80k offer attached.
Do we know that Chase is honoring those errant links this far out? How do I get one of those 80k links? PM me if necessary.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 2:32 pm
RNE

Just applied for the CSP using a referral link that still had the 80k bonus offer (provided application was no later than 11/7). Was approved. And despite applying after 11/7, I looked at my CSP account online and saw this on the Rewards Activity page: "Ready to earn 80,000 bonus points?" Thus, I got the 80k offer.

Thanks for your help, you-know-who.

RNE, victorious.
Diplomatico and pallhedge like this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
RNE, crestfallen.
Originally Posted by RNE
RNE, victorious.
What a difference a day makes!
RNE likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 8:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by RNE
Just applied for the CSP using a referral link that still had the 80k bonus offer (provided application was no later than 11/7). Was approved. And despite applying after 11/7, I looked at my CSP account online and saw this on the Rewards Activity page: "Ready to earn 80,000 bonus points?" Thus, I got the 80k offer.

RNE, victorious.
Where there's a will, there's a HUCA.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by RNE

RNE, victorious.
In the last couple hours, all the 80k referral links stopped working. You got your application in just in time.
RNE likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 1:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RNE
RNE, victorious.
Originally Posted by pallhedge
In the last couple hours, all the 80k referral links stopped working. You got your application in just in time.
Congratulations to RNE.
RNE likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 11:43 am

I got sapphire reserve pts bonus awarded on December 10th statement 2016. I applied two days ago for sapphire preferred card amd got the “will notify you in 30 days message”. Did I messed up by applying too early?
if i did apply too early, can i reapply in a month to make sure i’m passed the 48th month by another month or two and still get approved?
Old Dec 29, 2020, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by hqly2001
I got sapphire reserve pts bonus awarded on December 10th statement 2016. I applied two days ago for sapphire preferred card amd got the “will notify you in 30 days message”. Did I messed up by applying too early?
if i did apply too early, can i reapply in a month to make sure i’m passed the 48th month by another month or two and still get approved?
You didn't apply too early for sure and that message is not necessarily bad news. Do you still hold any Sapphire card?
Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:19 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
So any indications that they will bring a higher bonus for the CSP again soon?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:45 am
RNE

Originally Posted by hqly2001
i’m passed the 48th month by another month or two and still get approved?
You're OK on the 48-month restriction. Could be one or more of several other reasons. Chase has to have a specific reason(s) for denial. Telephone them and see what it is. Good luck.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A family member applied for a CSP and got instantly approved. Realized that a CSR was opened on 1/1/19 and held for about 1 year.
Any reason to be concerned about not receiving sign-up bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.