Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2020, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Chase changed the INK Preferred offer from 80,000 for $5,000 spend to 100,000 for $15,000 spend. We could see a higher offer for Sapphire Reserve, but I would expect it to be coupled with a much higher spend requirement -and- more stringent credit requirements.
thats actually a great point. thanks for bringing that up. i would just say the CIP is more in line with the CSP in terms of marketing and both $95 AF. the ink card is nothing close to the CSR, but yes, higher offer could be a possibility with way more spend. i really wonder if chase originally planned for the chase ink reserve, but threw it out after CSR bleeding.

Originally Posted by RNE
That would surprise me, but I do expect some switcheroo from Chase as the 48-month point approaches.
true. maybe lifetime rule would be too extreme even for chase, but im sure they plan to somehow fight off the wave of new CSP/CSR SUB chasers soon. maybe intro a new open/close rule like citi vs just the date of SUB.
RNE likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:51 am

Is there any offer for CSR with more than 50k sign on bonus atm? Thanks
Old Jun 21, 2020, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by macboss
Is there any offer for CSR with more than 50k sign on bonus atm? Thanks
50k is the best there is. Its been the best and only offer for about 3 years.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 12:39 pm
RNE

To the best of my recollection, it was August 2018 when Chase quietly increased its 24-month rule to 48 months. So, August this year may be when any further changes are made (quietly, or otherwise).
tbm13 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 11:07 am

Does anyone know if Chase still provides pro-rated AF refund if cancelling CSR during the year? I vaguely remember something to this effect from years ago.

Since I'm not travelling now and probably won't for a while, my plan is to milk the remaining $300 credit and $60 Doordash credit, park my UR points on my other cards, and then cancel. Since I received my last sign up bonus in Dec 2016, my plan is to apply again and get another sign up bonus sometime in 2021. Any flaws in this plan? Anything else I could do to maximize the benefits before I go? Also, Will they pro-rate my last AF paid?
Old Jun 29, 2020, 11:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by az22
Does anyone know if Chase still provides pro-rated AF refund if cancelling CSR during the year?....
Discussion here: New Chase policy (Oct 2016): No Annual Fee refund >30 days after AF billed.

Chase has added several temporary non-travel features to Sapphire Reserve. Are you using them?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...all-cards.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ack-promo.html
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Thanks. No reason to cancel now it seems. Looks like my best course of action is to wait until my next AF posts in Dec ($450), milk the next $300 annual credit and cancel within 30 days to maximize.

Seems I can pick up another 50k sign up bonus once I re-apply mid-next year, but AF will be $550 instead most likely. But.... I'll get another $300 in credits again right?

The temporary non-travel features don't really appeal to me, especially the redundancy in Chase products that I hold. (CF, CFU, Amazon, Marriott) Am OK with holding the UR points until travel picks up again next year.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Given that using the travel credit for groceries may not be extended into the third quarter and also given that I may not have any travel in the second half of the year, is there any upside applying for the CSR card this year?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 9:57 am
RNE

Originally Posted by az22
Seems I can pick up another 50k sign up bonus once I re-apply mid-next year, but AF will be $550 instead most likely.
Yes, most likely the CSR's AF will be $550, but conditions that led Chase to rescind the increase may persist long into 2021, yes, even mid-next year. In any case, you'll know by then. But have you considered applying for the CSP instead of getting another CSR? Same SUB but lower AF. That's what I'm planning to do.

RNE, reminding everyone that our best-laid plans may go up in smoke if Chase increases its 48-month Sapphire SUB restriction.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 10:37 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by vanillabean
....may not have any travel in the second half of the year, is there any upside applying for the CSR card this year?
Chase has announced more non-travel bonuses for third quarter. Follow the link in THIS post.
vanillabean likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 6:29 pm

I've had a CSP for eight years and have not earned any Sapphire bonuses (or had any other Chase cards) since then. Can I downgrade my CSP to a CFU and then sometime after 30 days from downgrade apply for a new CSP and get the 50k CSP bonus?

If so, would Chase likely move the bulk of my credit line from the CFU to the CSP?
Old Jul 2, 2020, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
I've had a CSP for eight years and have not earned any Sapphire bonuses (or had any other Chase cards) since then. Can I downgrade my CSP to a CFU and then sometime after 30 days from downgrade apply for a new CSP and get the 50k CSP bonus?
Yes, though waiting 30 days after downgrading is longer than necessary. 1 week is plenty.
Originally Posted by richarddd
If so, would Chase likely move the bulk of my credit line from the CFU to the CSP?
That may not be necessary. If you are declined, you can call reconsideration and ask them to do that in order to approve you.
richarddd likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Whats the best way to find out if one has passed the 48 month mark?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 9:21 am
RNE

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Whats the best way to find out if one has passed the 48 month mark?
You could look at your past statements. But remember, the 48-month period begins when you received your sign-up bonus, not when you opened the card.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by RNE
You could look at your past statements. But remember, the 48-month period begins when you received your sign-up bonus, not when you opened the card.
Dont have them. Does Chase warn you while applying like Amex does?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.