Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Is waiting a week standard an all chase products? Like my wife cancelled her old Hyatt card last month and now wants to sign up for the new one with bonus - is one week enough?
The 1 week recommendation was based on product changing the original card. After canceling a card, I'd wait 30 days before re-applying.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by pallhedge
The 1 week recommendation was based on product changing the original card. After canceling a card, I'd wait 30 days before re-applying.
Uh-oh. We only waited 3 weeks since cancelling my wife's old Hyatt card before applying for the new one. It has gone to 7-10 day review. Is that a problem?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:48 pm

Uh-oh. We only waited 3 weeks since cancelling my wife's old Hyatt card before applying for the new one. It has gone to 7-10 day review. Is that a problem?
7 to 10 days is not usually a good sign.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:53 pm

7 to 10 days is not usually a good sign.
Got the letter today - It was not approved because we received a Hyatt bonus in the last 24 months.

I had a calculation error in my spreadsheet. I was taking 2 years from my last application instead of 2 years from the last bonus. She re-applied on 7/31/19 and the last bonus was on 8/11/17.

If she waits a month and tries again will we be good?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:24 am

Got the letter today - It was not approved because we received a Hyatt bonus in the last 24 months.

I had a calculation error in my spreadsheet. I was taking 2 years from my last application instead of 2 years from the last bonus. She re-applied on 7/31/19 and the last bonus was on 8/11/17.

If she waits a month and tries again will we be good?
Try waiting until 8/12 and call the reconsideration line. Maybe they can push through the original application at that point.
mia likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:51 pm

Try waiting until 8/12 and call the reconsideration line. Maybe they can push through the original application at that point.
Good idea, but my wife won't want to talk to anyone on the phone. Is there any downside to just putting thru a 2nd application in a week or so? According to credit karma, they didn't even do a hard pull for the first application.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:18 pm

I think I have a strange dilemma. I have the CSR, husband does not, and is not even an AU. I did open a CSR checking and savings account a few months back to get the extra bonus points, and of course, husband is on those banking accounts. Today, I applied for a CS card for him, only, and got the denied page, along with 7 - 10 days we will hear why he got denied.

So I am thinking that it is because he is on the checking/savings that is actually Chase Sapphire Reserve, even though it is only me on the CSR card and UR? is there any way I can get him his card and sign up bonus? he is on the 5.5 year mark on the previous CS card bonus, so that should clear for time. Does anyone have any input? many thanks.....
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by mygreyhound66
I think I have a strange dilemma. I have the CSR, husband does not, and is not even an AU.
Maybe something else is going on? His FICO, income, 5/24 are all okay?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I....thinking that it is because he is on the checking/savings...
Improbable. How many other credit cards, from any issuer, has he opened since the 4th quarter of 2017? Does he hold an Authorized User card on any accounts that you opened in that same time period?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:38 pm

Greetings, the only other thing I could possibly think of, his fico is 823, the income was very good, BUT, I think this is where i may have messed up, I listed $25K as non-taxable, I don't know why I did that.............there is over another $100k listed as taxable............could this be the reason?

I appreciate any and all help!
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:40 pm

Greetings, he is never listed (neither of us are) as an AU on any cards..........he is under the 5/24..........fico is 823..........so I thought, perhaps I would go into the Chase branch tomorrow and ask them to help sort it out? is that wise? or just plain dumb? many thanks.......
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:48 pm
mia

I suggest that he call and ask for the status of the application before you do anything else. You need to know the reason(s) for the denial before acting. Ask, don't guess.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:01 pm
mia

.... 5.5 year mark on the previous CS card bonus, ....
Did he close that account or downgrade it? If it's still open as a Sapphire card (even the free version), that would cause a rejection.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:03 pm

Greetings, I would like to thank everyone that assisted me. I did call Chase, and apparently I missed logging in a new card on my sheet! so duh, my fault! . However, they were very helpful and apparently I need to wait until February to reapply (they didn't actually say that, I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but they helped me to arrive at the proper conclusion!).............
mia and pcoll like this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
So I currently have the CSR, have had it since 2016. I got the 100k UR bonus in December 2016 or January 2017.

I've had other Chase UR bonuses since but that would be my last Sapphire bonus.

I had the CSP before then from 2011 to 2016, bonus in 2011.

If I want another Sapphire bonus, I'd apply after Dec 2020 then?

I currently have over 600k UR points in my CSR account and a few thousand spread across other Chase cards.

I can't have the CSR if I want to apply for the CSP bonus a year from now right?

So the question is how long before applying for CSP to cancel the CSR.

Also, where could I part my 600k UR points in my CSR? Can I transfer them back to Chase Freedom, Chase Ink Plus or Chase Ink Business Unlimited?

Or do I pretty much have to transfer those CSR UR points to airlines before canceling the CSR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.