Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:30 pm

Would it make sense for your spouse to get a Sapphire Preferred at some point for an additional bonus?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Originally Posted by richarddd
Would it make sense for your spouse to get a Sapphire Preferred at some point for an additional bonus?
Yeah that's another plan of attack as is me getting an Ink Business Preferred with the 80K bonus. We should be swimming in UR points if we play this right!
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Delta, United, Southwest
Original Freedom has rotating 5% categories. I don't mind keeping track of categories, buying giftcards and using only in quarters when it will get me 5%. YMMV. Google to see what regular categories are.

OTOH you may prefer the simplicity of 1.5% on everything.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
Yes, agree with that. You have a preference between these two Freedom ones?
If I had to pick one or the other, I’d pick Freedom Unlimited. That gives you a simple, easy combination that earns respectably everywhere (at least domestically). But I seem to end up earning more with Freedom than Unlimited in my own usage, which includes a moderate amount of bonus-chasing on other cards. So I dunno, it’s very much a YMMV kind of situation.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: Priority Club Pl, Marriot Gold, Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, TSA Pre✓

Chase Sapphire Bonus Restrictions

So to summarize the current situation:
  • You can only get approved for Chase Sapphire products if you have less than 5 revolving accounts open in the past 24 months.
  • You can only get approved and earn a bonus on Chase Sapphire products if you haven’t opened a Chase Sapphire product in the past 48 months

Last edited by davidlhanson; Jul 5, 2019 at 1:31 am
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by davidlhanson

Chase Sapphire Bonus Restrictions

So to summarize the current situation:

• You can only be approved for any Chase card if you have fewer than 5 personal accounts opened in the past 24 months.
  • You can only be approved and earn a bonus on Chase Sapphire products if you do not hold a Sapphire card -and- haven’t received a Sapphire bonus in the past 48 months.
trouble747 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
Thank you for correcting my error. So long as I can combine with a spouse, I will skip step #1 above, and just do #2 and #3 as quickly as they will let me. Once I get my Reserve, I will transfer all of the available credit from the Freedom as my Preferred as a pretty healthy $65K limit today.
Make sure you wait a week between steps 2 and 3. Chase's systems will think you still have a Sapphire product and deny your application if you proceed too quickly.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Question about responding to a Wells Fargo invitation has been moved:

Wells Fargo to launch new 1.5% cash back credit card called "Cash Wise"
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by mia
  • You can only be approved and earn a bonus on Chase Sapphire products if you do not hold a Sapphire card -and- haven’t received a Sapphire bonus in the past 48 months.
Does this include automatic card conversions? I held the Fairmont card and when it was cancelled they just sent me a Sapphire Preferred. I converted it to the Freedom Unlimited about 4 months later. I never received a bonus on the Sapphire.

Edit: actually reading the words you used, I seem to be ok. I don't currently hold a Sapphire card and never received a bonus.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by joachimm
Does this include automatic card conversions? I held the Fairmont card and when it was cancelled they just sent me a Sapphire Preferred. I converted it to the Freedom Unlimited about 4 months later. I never received a bonus on the Sapphire.

Edit: actually reading the words you used, I seem to be ok. I don't currently hold a Sapphire card and never received a bonus.
You're fine.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:37 pm

If I have an extra card for my wife on my CSR account, am I able to apply for a CSR, or CSP under her name and still collect the intro bonus?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Taxiback
If I have an extra card for my wife on my CSR account, am I able to apply for a CSR, or CSP under her name and still collect the intro bonus?
Does post #136 answer your question? That aside, your wife, not you, would collect the bonus.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 3:40 pm

Ok so she would be eligible, would I be able to transfer the points between the 2 of our accounts. I’ve only transferred from my freedom to csp. But it does say between family
Old Jul 25, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Taxiback
...But it does say between family
It says member of the same household.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by pallhedge
Make sure you wait a week between steps 2 and 3. Chase's systems will think you still have a Sapphire product and deny your application if you proceed too quickly.
Is waiting a week standard an all chase products? Like my wife cancelled her old Hyatt card last month and now wants to sign up for the new one with bonus - is one week enough?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.