Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
All cards which earn Ultimate Rewards can Combine points with other UR earning cards in the same Household. Rules discussed in this Sticky thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...solidated.html

Combining allows you to consolidate points in a single account. This could be useful even if you do not plan to Transfer to an airline or hotel account, because (example) it may allow you to achieve higher value when buying travel through the Chase Expedia portal.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Combining allows you to consolidate points in a single account. This could be useful even if you do not plan to Transfer to an airline or hotel account, because (example) it may allow you to achieve higher value when buying travel through the Chase Expedia portal.
Likewise, combining points even in an account for a non-premium card (e.g., Freedom classic) allows one to warehouse points for eventual future partner transfer when the owner (or spouse/business partner) plans to later acquire a premium card.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by beltway
Likewise, combining points even in an account for a non-premium card (e.g., Freedom classic) allows one to warehouse points for eventual future partner transfer when the owner (or spouse/business partner) plans to later acquire a premium card.
So has anyone done this, warehouse UR points for a year or two in a non-premium card and then try to get a premium card for the welcome points later on, like getting another Sapphire bonus?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by wco81
So has anyone done this, warehouse UR points for a year or two in a non-premium card and then try to get a premium card for the welcome points later on, like getting another Sapphire bonus?
This is pretty much what most people do when they don't want to pay an annual fee.....downgrade their premium, annual fee bearing card to CF/CFU/CIC and move the points to those cards to keep them "alive" until they want to move them.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
4. You cannot currently hold a Sapphire card when you apply and it must be 48 months since your last Sapphire bonus to qualify.
I’m at 0/49 for any credit card or bonus. If I PC my CSP to CF, is there any reason to believe Chase might sweeten the CSP or CSR signup bonus with mailers down the road to wheel me back in?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by vanillabean

I’m at 0/49 for any credit card or bonus. If I PC my CSP to CF, is there any reason to believe Chase might sweeten the CSP or CSR signup bonus with mailers down the road to wheel me back in?
CSP recently changed to 60,000/4K/3 months. Annual fee is not waived.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...line-tomorrow/
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
CSP recently changed to....
If I understand correctly, this offer is only available if applying in-branch?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If I understand correctly, this offer is only available if applying in-branch?
DoC says it will be live online today.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:35 pm

24 month rule, question

Hi guys,

I know there's a 24 month rule before you can get another bonus... But lets say I have a CSP that I got the bonus 3 years ago, and then I just canceled it 2 months ago.. Can I sign up now and get the bonus again?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Tony Truong
Hi guys,

I know there's a 24 month rule before you can get another bonus... But lets say I have a CSP that I got the bonus 3 years ago, and then I just canceled it 2 months ago.. Can I sign up now and get the bonus again?
No. From the offer details on the Chase web site -

Chase Sapphire Preferred®

60,000 Bonus Points

The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:27 pm

The 24 month rule is now the 48 month rule. You are eligible for your next Sapphire bonus 48 months from when you received your CSP bonus.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:34 pm

That’s one reason you would want to product change downgrade to a no annual fee card such as Freedom because you can product change upgrade right back to Sapphire. Another reason is you keep the credit history of the card for scoring purposes.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:43 pm

I’ve got a CSP and want to upgrade to a CSR as well as a FU card. It’s been 4 years since I got the CSP with the free points and have a 0/24 since I’ve not applied for a new card anywhere in years. What’s the best strategy to get both cards and a mileage bonus? Downgrade my CSP to a FU (do i get the 80k points offered and then apply for a CSR card?) Or apply for the CSR first and then do the downgrade of the CSP to the FU card? I understand I can’t have both CSR and CRP so what happens? Also, my wife is on my CSP as an authorized user and would want her on both CSP and FU card. What the best way to get both without taking all the credit report hits and x/24 and also the most free sign on miles (i’m currently over 800 credit score..) I’ll be traveling in a few weeks so don’t really want to downgrade the CSP to the FU and then be without a CS card for a few weeks to then wait before waiting to apply for a new CSR card...

Last edited by grimas; Mar 27, 2019 at 10:17 pm
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by grimas
I’ve got a CSP and want to upgrade to a CSR as well as a FU card. It’s been 4 years since I got the CSP ... I’ll be traveling in a few weeks so don’t really want to downgrade the CSP to the FU and then be without a CS card for a few weeks to then wait before waiting to apply for a new CSR card...
You can upgrade from CSP to CSR now and then later when it's convenient for you downgrade the CSR to CFU and soon afterwards apply for a new CSR to get the signup bonus points, which is also the only hit your credit file will take.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...l#post30914958
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:08 pm

I just applied for the CSP and got denied, and I'm trying to figure out why. It's not because of 5/24 (I'm actually at 3/24). I was denied by them 2 1/2 years ago because of 5/24, could that be it? Have excellent credit overall, don't have any Chase cards, and never have received the CSP bonus. What other reasons could there be? Is there anything I can do?

Last edited by Lurkerdan; Apr 1, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.