Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
So, downgrading does truly retain the age of the account?
Yes, as does upgrading directly to CSR for those unsure of enough credit to qualify. Also, some may view it as risky storing your Sapphire points in a Freedom account, if even temporarily.

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Originally Posted by vanillabean

Yes, as does upgrading directly to CSR for those unsure of enough credit to qualify. Also, some may view it as risky storing your Sapphire points in a Freedom account, if even temporarily.

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Thanks for that heads up...I suppose I could always store my UR over in my wife's Ink Plus account temporarily until I get the CSR?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by teege
....could I transfer Chase Freedom or other cards into it. .
Yes, you can product change your Freedom card (provided you've had it for at least a year) to the CSR. (The process will be easier if you have a $10K or greater credit limit on the Freedom.)

Last edited by mia; Jan 20, 2019 at 3:19 pm Reason: Add quotation for context after merging question into existing thread.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:15 pm

Where is the definitive list of cards that earn Ultimate Rewards?

Of the Chase Business cards (https://creditcards.chase.com/small-business-credit-cards), it looks like the only card that earns UR is the Ink Business Preferred credit card (which I just cancelled in October 2018. I was kind of hoping for another business card because it would not affect my 5/24 record.

I'm trying to 'earn' a UR sign-up (and spend) bonus but I'm having a hard time finding a card for which I can apply. I think I've had all of the UR earning cards.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by iowa guy
Current cards: JPM Reserve, Sapphire Reserve, Sapphire Preferred, Freedom Unlimited, Freedom; INK Preferred, INK Unlimited, INK Cash.

There are some other cards that are no longer offered, but some people still have them.

For reference, the list is HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1822133

Last edited by mia; Feb 11, 2019 at 7:44 pm
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Current cards: JPM Reserve, Sapphire Reserve, Sapphire Preferred, Freedom Unlimited, Freedom; INK Preferred, INK Unlimited, INK Cash.

There are some other cards that are no longer offered, but some people still have them.

For reference, the list is HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1822133
For some reason, I couldn't get that link to load a page.

Which of those cards mentioned above are business cards?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium

Of the Chase Business cards (https://creditcards.chase.com/small-...s-credit-cards), it looks like the only card that earns UR is the Ink Business Preferred credit card (which I just cancelled in October 2018. I was kind of hoping for another business card because it would not affect my 5/24 record.

I'm trying to 'earn' a UR sign-up (and spend) bonus but I'm having a hard time finding a card for which I can apply. I think I've had all of the UR earning cards.
Chase INK Cash or Chase INK Unlimited. (And, yes, they earn UR points.)
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:24 am
mia

For some reason, I couldn't get that link to load a page.

Which of those cards mentioned above are business cards?
I have verified that the link works. All INK cards are business cards. All INK cards earn Ultimate Rewards.
beltway likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by mia

I thought Ink Cash was replaced by Ink Preferred, so you can no longer apply for Ink Cash?

So has anyone got a Sapphire bonus again? This policy isn't 4 years old so nobody has reached 48 months since this policy was instituted?

And can you get the bonus if you have one of the cards already or do you have to have neither card for the 4 years before you apply and receive the bonus?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
I thought Ink Cash was replaced by Ink Preferred, so you can no longer apply for Ink Cash?

So has anyone got a Sapphire bonus again? This policy isn't 4 years old so nobody has reached 48 months since this policy was instituted?

And can you get the bonus if you have one of the cards already or do you have to have neither card for the 4 years before you apply and receive the bonus?
1. You thought wrong.

2. Yes, there are people who have received multiple Sapphire bonuses. (Via the now-shut-down double dip and the current MDD.)

4. You cannot currently hold a Sapphire card when you apply and it must be 48 months since your last Sapphire bonus to qualify.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Oh never mind. For some reason I was thinking of Ink Plus, not Ink Cash.

Ink Cash may earn UR points but they can't transfer them to airlines, so it's confusing to see it listed with those premium Chase cards.

What is the "now-shut-down double dip and the current MDD?"
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:03 pm
mia

Ink Cash may earn UR points but they can't transfer them to airlines,....
UNLESS you, or a member of your household, have one of the cards that is eligible to transfer. In that case you can Combine points and Transfer the points earned with INK Cash or INK Unlimited or Freedom or Freedom Unlimited.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:15 pm
Suspended

I can combine points to CSR but I didn't realize you could transfer from any of the No Annual Fee cards.

If that's the case, I can get rid of my CSR.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:12 am
mia

I can combine points to CSR but I didn't realize you could transfer from any of the No Annual Fee cards.

If that's the case, I can get rid of my CSR.
STOP! Read carefully. Combine and Transfer are distinct processes. Combine moved points from one UR account to another. Transfer moves points out of UR to an airline or hotel partner program. To Transfer you must have one of these cards in your household: JPM Reserve, Sapphire Reserve, Sapphire Preferred, INK Preferred or the discontinued INK Plus.
beltway likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Yes, but the cards which let you Transfer also allow you to combine right?

And for many FTers, it's pointless to combine unless one can transfer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.