Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:32 am

Arrow They finally got me cornered

I had the CSP (downgraded it to the Freedom) and the Chase Ink Business (closed them both). I presently have the CSR and had planned to close the account and churn it when Chase allowed for the bonus to be earned again. Since Chase changed the churn period to 4 years for the CSR and CSP I don't think I have any way to get another UR bonus for 4 years. That stinks.

I had planned to transfer my UR to their travel partners, close the account, and wait patiently for the two years to pass and apply for another CSR. I could handle 2 years. 4 years it too long for me though. Now they (Chase) have me either paying the annual fee or canceling the CSR card.

I hope they (Chase) create another card that earns UR and has a great signup bonus.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by iowa guy
....don't think I have any way to get another UR bonus for 4 years....
It's 48 months from your most recent Sapphire bonus, not from when you opened or closed the account. The 48 month period applies only to Sapphire branded cards. You can still earn UR bonuses on INK Preferred, INK Unlimited, INK Cash, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited on a 24 month cycle, and it does not sound as if you have held all three of the INK cards.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I had the CSP (downgraded it to the Freedom) and the Chase Ink Business (closed them both). I presently have the CSR and had planned to close the account and churn it when Chase allowed for the bonus to be earned again. Since Chase changed the churn period to 4 years for the CSR and CSP I don't think I have any way to get another UR bonus for 4 years. That stinks.

I had planned to transfer my UR to their travel partners, close the account, and wait patiently for the two years to pass and apply for another CSR. I could handle 2 years. 4 years it too long for me though. Now they (Chase) have me either paying the annual fee or canceling the CSR card.

I hope they (Chase) create another card that earns UR and has a great signup bonus.
You could also do something crazy, like you know, find a card that you get value out of, and you know actually keep it...

Crazy, I know...

Regards
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
You could also do something crazy, like you know, find a card that you get value out of, and you know actually keep it...

Crazy, I know...

Regards
I only spend $40k on credit cards per year. It is much easier for me to find a card(s) that has a good bonus and use that until I get the bonus. In a good year I try to get three credit card bonuses which total about 150k - 200k points/miles. It would bake me up to 4 years of spending on a single card to get that many points/miles.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by mia
It's 48 months from your most recent Sapphire bonus, not from when you opened or closed the account. The 48 month period applies only to Sapphire branded cards. You can still earn UR bonuses on INK Preferred, INK Unlimited, INK Cash, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited on a 24 month cycle, and it does not sound as if you have held all three of the INK cards.
So Chase considers the CSR and the CSP to be the same product? It has been about 4 years since I 'earned' the CSP bonus and 20 months for the CSR.

Does the product need to be closed a specific amount of time before one can be reapply for it or can I just cancel the card the day before I want to reapply (as long as it has been 48 months since the bonus was received)?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:39 am

...20 months for the CSR.
It will be another 28 months until you are eligible to be approved for another Sapphire card--either preferred or reserve.

Does the product need to be closed a specific amount of time before one can be reapply for it or can I just cancel the card the day before I want to reapply (as long as it has been 48 months since the bonus was received)?
You need to wait a month between closing all your existing Sapphire cards and applying for a new one. The waiting period is only 4-ish days if you downgrade instead of cancel.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question 3 questions

Hello - 3 questions:
1) I have a CSP opened about 5 years ago. IF I close it (with plan to apply again) -- what happens to my UR acct? will it stay alive and I can re-connect to it?
2) If the answer to (1) is Negative (my UR acct will be lost) - Will my UR acct stay alive if before closing current CSP I open a Freedom-Unlimited and connect it to my Current UR acct ?
3) Is there a way for my wife to open a CSP acct and connect it to My UR acct, i.e. making the UR acct a "family acct" ?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by IntFF
Hello - 3 questions:
1) I have a CSP opened about 5 years ago. IF I close it (with plan to apply again) -- what happens to my UR acct? will it stay alive and I can re-connect to it?
2) If the answer to (1) is Negative (my UR acct will be lost) - Will my UR acct stay alive if before closing current CSP I open a Freedom-Unlimited and connect it to my Current UR acct ?
3) Is there a way for my wife to open a CSP acct and connect it to My UR acct, i.e. making the UR acct a "family acct" ?
1. You'll lose the UR points unless you transfer them out first (or use them).

2. Just downgrade your CSP to either a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited; account stays open, UR points remain intact.

3. If you and your wife live at the same address, you can transfer UR points between accounts.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by IntFF
Hello - 3 questions:
Downgrade card to CF/CFU to keep pts alive or transfer them to another UR pts card before closing

On the "Combine Points" page there's an option to add household card -- you can save your wife's CSP on there then transfer the pts

I would generate your CSP referral link (10k pts) then have your wife apply for CSP using your link. You can downgrade your card to CF/CFU after that -- your account number will stay the same and you should get your 10k referral pts in 1-3 weeks on your CF/CFU
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
You can still earn UR bonuses on INK Preferred, INK Unlimited, INK Cash, ......................, and it does not sound as if you have held all three of the INK cards.
Re INK Preferred, Unlimited, Cash: where do you find them?

I checked here, but did not see them:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...17-onward.html
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Re INK Preferred, Unlimited, Cash: where do you find them?

I checked here, but did not see them:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...17-onward.html
They are listed in the wiki at the top of the page that you linked.

(All of those cards are business cards.)
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico

2. Just downgrade your CSP to either a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited; account stays open, UR points remain intact.
Can the UR points still be transferred to a UR travel partner if I've downgraded to a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:59 pm
mia

Can the UR points still be transferred to a UR travel partner if I've downgraded to a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited?
Not unless you still hold another UR card that is eligible to transfer, which is (generally) a card with the word Preferred or Reserve in the name, and an annual fee.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
They are listed in the wiki at the top of the page that you linked.

(All of those cards are business cards.)
I am sorry, but here are the cards listed in the wiki, with only two INK cards in there. Not sure, where to look ....
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:05 pm
mia

All cards with the word INK in the product name are business cards. There are three INK cards currently open for applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...preferred.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...lic-offer.html

Chase Ink Business Unlimited

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.