Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:45 am

Met spend on CSP in Aug more than 10 days before statement was cut(8/25), but did not receive sign up bonus. My last CSP bonus was received 1/16/16, over 2 years ago. This makes my a little nervous..hopefully they didn't apply new rule but don't see how they could make it retroactive. Application clearly stated 2 years.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: Chase UR, HHonors, SPG/Marriott, Total Rewards
Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
vow, that's not what i thought, thanks a ton.
going through the statement it shows up on 9/10-10/9 statement but doesn't exactly mention the date , so statement closing date is the one which i can apply after right?

Just realized she never applied for CSP, can she apply for one now? does CSR bonus have anything to do with CSP application bonus ?
CSP and CSR bonus both count as a "sapphire" bonus. That's why some people double dip to get both bonuses. I believe the bonus is technically received the last date of the statement. In your case, 10/09. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.
rocky_nnc likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by theplayer
Met spend on CSP in Aug more than 10 days before statement was cut(8/25), but did not receive sign up bonus. My last CSP bonus was received 1/16/16, over 2 years ago. This makes my a little nervous..hopefully they didn't apply new rule but don't see how they could make it retroactive. Application clearly stated 2 years.
I had the same experience but with the Chase UA card. Met the spend req. in the 2nd statement cycle, got previous bonus 2 years 3 months prior. Called CSR and was told that the next billing statement will have the bonus miles on it. We shall see.....
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Refer a Friend Still Active?

Ms. G2244 has the CSR and the FU. When she logs in, there is no refer a friend for the CSR - both web and app. Is anyone else still seeing refer a friend for CSR?

I cancelled my CSR a month ago with the plan to reapply at the 24 month mark since my original CSR bonus. I was hoping to get in under the 24 month language with refer a friend but that seems like it may also have now been cut off?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by G2244
Ms. G2244 has the CSR and the FU. When she logs in, there is no refer a friend for the CSR - both web and app. Is anyone else still seeing refer a friend for CSR?

I cancelled my CSR a month ago with the plan to reapply at the 24 month mark since my original CSR bonus. I was hoping to get in under the 24 month language with refer a friend but that seems like it may also have now been cut off?
https://thepointsguy.com/news/sapphi...a-friend-over/
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Obviously TPG doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Or maybe he wants people to think that referrals no longer work so they apply through his links. I just checked my referral link and it still works and does have the 24 month language. I would post it here for proof but that is not allowed.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Critterlynn
Obviously TPG doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Or maybe he wants people to think that referrals no longer work so they apply through his links. I just checked my referral link and it still works and does have the 24 month language. I would post it here for proof but that is not allowed.
Did you create your referral link prior to 13 August? I think the point may be that you cannot create new referral links.....?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Did you create your referral link prior to 13 August? I think the point may be that you cannot create new referral links.....?
That may be it. I really can't remember.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
The referral links still have the 24 month language.
is that still the case?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by cesco.g
is that still the case?
Yep
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Originally Posted by flyingsna
I'm on the same boat-- I'm now considering CIP x2. With the 48 month rule, I'm feeling it's not quite worth waiting. Who knows if 2 years from now they'd change it again?
I think increasing to more that 48 months is overkill to discourage churning but who knows what will happen. I wonder if they will start changing the rules on the biz cards UR point cards next. The Ink preferred offers an even better bonuses than the personal cards and I am sure there are a lot of people taking advantage of them.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:35 pm

CSP/CSR referral links have updated to 48 month language
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:56 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jatan
CSP/CSR referral links have updated to 48 month language
Do you mean that existing links now display the 48 month terms -or- that newly created links display the 48 month terms?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Do you mean that existing links now display the 48 month terms -or- that newly created links display the 48 month terms?
Existing show 48mo

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...are_dead_both/
mia likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:57 pm

Chase reserve 48 months rule

folks - is chase pretty strict on enforcing the new 48 month rule? I had applied for Reserve back in Oct 2016 that I downgraded to Freedom 6 months ago. Do you think I can apply for a new reserve card now or will surely get turned down and not get the bonus?

Thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.