Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by nathanmock
How do I go about checking my points history? I've visited the Chase Ultimate Rewards Portal but the card doesn't show any more for obvious reasons..is there a global log somewhere for points issued to my account in general?
Check the card's past statements. They're all accessible in pdf format for viewing or downloading.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:38 pm

Moving points to get a new Chase Sapphire Reserve

I have Chase freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred. I have around 100K points in Preferred. I talked to customer care and I was told I can apply a new Chase Sapphire "Reserve" with 50K bonus and it has to be a new application. Also since I already have Preferred, I cant have a new one unless I degrade Preferred.

So i was planning to move my points from Preferred to Freedom, degrade Preferred to a normal card, wait for sometime like a month and then apply for Reserve. Once Reserve comes, I will move those 100K points to the new card.

Is this plan OK? Basically I want to get the new customer 50K bonus points from Reserve and close my Preferred.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Welcome to FT.

Read this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...st-2018-a.html Has it been 48 months since you received your bonus pts for the CSP? Don't believe everything a rep. tells you.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by nathanmock
How do I go about checking my points history? I've visited the Chase Ultimate Rewards Portal but the card doesn't show any more for obvious reasons..is there a global log somewhere for points issued to my account in general?
IME closed accounts are sometimes still accessible online for a short period of time after closing, but I've no idea exactly how long. To see if it's still accessible online, log onto Chase, click on the little person icon in the upper right...click "personal details" from the drop-down. On the page that comes up, on the left-hand side you'll see a "Show or Hide Accounts"...click on that and "if" the account in question is still accessible, it will show up as an option. If not then I'm not sure if there's another way to access closed account statements online.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Vivek Chaurasiya
I have Chase freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred. I have around 100K points in Preferred. I talked to customer care and I was told I can apply a new Chase Sapphire "Reserve" with 50K bonus and it has to be a new application. Also since I already have Preferred, I cant have a new one unless I degrade Preferred.

So i was planning to move my points from Preferred to Freedom, degrade Preferred to a normal card, wait for sometime like a month and then apply for Reserve. Once Reserve comes, I will move those 100K points to the new card.

Is this plan OK? Basically I want to get the new customer 50K bonus points from Reserve and close my Preferred.
Here's your plan:
  1. As Phil wrote above, ensure that it's been at least 48 months since you got your CS Preferred signup bonus. If not, you can stop here as you're not eligible to be approved for a CS Reserve
  2. Downgrade your CSP to a 2nd Freedom or a Freedom Unlimited. You don't need to move any points first, your CSP UR points will stay with this card.
  3. Wait a week, then you can apply for CSR. Once you are approved and the card is in your account, you can combine points from your other Freedom cards onto the new CSR.
Good luck!
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:09 am
glg

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Here's your plan:
  1. As Phil wrote above, ensure that it's been at least 48 months since you got your CS Preferred signup bonus. If not, you can stop here as you're not eligible to be approved for a CS Reserve
You're not eligible for the signup bonus. you can still get the card.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by glg
No. Chase won't issue a new card if the applicant is ineligible for the signup bonus.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by glg
Only via a product change from a different card, not via the application process.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:24 pm

thank you guys. its too bad they have 48 months limit now. When did they do this?

is there any new card which i can take? i m looking for travel card
Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:40 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by Vivek Chaurasiya
....When did they do this?
I have moved your posts into the thread discussing this change, which was made in August 2018. The policy applies only to Sapphire branded cards. Most other Chase cards have a 24 months (since last new account bonus) policy. Read the terms of the offer for certainty.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Is anyone keeping a count of Sapphire approvals per day for flyertalk people since the 48 months rule kicked in?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Is anyone keeping a count of Sapphire approvals per day for flyertalk people since the 48 months rule kicked in?
The more interesting stat, IMO, would be: has the reduction in Sapphire approvals been offset by an equal or greater reduction in the rate of Sapphire cancellations?

No doubt in my mind that instituting the 24 month rule kept a lot of people from cancelling the CSR - my guess is that the implementation of the 48 month rule had a similar (but lesser) effect.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:15 am

Chase points

Trying to get 85k points in order to transfer to united for a trip next year. I have enough points for one ticket but I am shooting for one more. I didn't see any good offer with chase other than sapphire preferred for 50k ( to have wife open) and I can get the reserved for an additional 50k ( I already have the preferred).

Any suggestions or ideas ? its been a while since i signed up for cards. i think its been at least 2 years for both of us.

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:29 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jordandawg05
...at least 2 years for both of us.
Alas, when you read the terms of a Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve offer you will see that you must now wait 48 months since your last Sapphire new account bonus.

If you need 85,000 points this would seem to be a perfect match:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...preferred.html
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Alas, when you read the terms of a Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve offer you will see that you must now wait 48 months since your last Sapphire new account bonus.

If you need 85,000 points this would seem to be a perfect match:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...preferred.html
Thanks Mia ! its been a few years since I last caught up in the world of credit cards and bonuses and now getting back to it lol. I guess chase has gotten stricter on the bonuses. I do have the business ink plus is that going to hinder an app for the business preferred? that'll be perfect if I can get that one instead of getting two cards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.