Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase credit travel portal transitions to Expedia [Transition Complete]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase credit travel portal transitions to Expedia [Transition Complete]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:27 pm

I’m not sure what’s going on, but could be a phased rollout. I was in there a day or two ago to push some points to BA and it wasn’t like that.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
My CSR is still with the Connexions site. Thinking it's a phased rollout.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:08 am

Lucky!

Not that I tend to book through there anyway, but I did notice a few weeks ago that the Expedia version showed a higjer price for the same flight than Connexions. I may have even mentioned it up thread.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
They apparently made the Travel Portal Switch overnight to Expedia for the CSR card! Finally!!

Upon checking, all the Hong Kong hotels that were removed when it was Connexxions, are now back! Yay!
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My CSR now connects to Expedia instead of Connexions. Is this being done in small batches? Tell us your experience.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elg26
They apparently made the Travel Portal Switch overnight to Expedia for the CSR card! Finally!!

Upon checking, all the Hong Kong hotels that were removed when it was Connexxions, are now back! Yay!
For me too (CSR). Bad news is that car rental prices are higher in the 2 areas I've been looking at (OGG and KOA).
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
I got this on both of my chase accounts today. The downside is that when I selected "Take the Tour", my pop-up blocker blocked the tour and now I can't go back and see what they wanted to highlight. Not a big deal, but interesting the way they implemented it.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:24 am

When I still had Connexions for CSR, I would compare against my FU on Expedia. The big difference I noticed were higher fares on Expedia. Not that it really matters to me personally, as I tend to transfer, but there may come a time I can’t if I want to use points for something and the operator has no availability.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tods27
I got this on both of my chase accounts today. The downside is that when I selected "Take the Tour", my pop-up blocker blocked the tour and now I can't go back and see what they wanted to highlight. Not a big deal, but interesting the way they implemented it.
I got that popup too this morning for my CSR. Chrome indicates that the URL for it is https://traveltour.chase.com/.
tods27, mia, pallhedge and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by philemer
For me too (CSR). Bad news is that car rental prices are higher in the 2 areas I've been looking at (OGG and KOA).
The hotel prices Ive encountered seem to be the same ..based on my small sample size of Hong Kong hotels I looked up.......
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
Yesterday I too found myself on the Expedia site with my Reserve. I use points primarily for hotel stays (no interest in flying on some misery machine) and in booking 2 long weekends at the Conrad on Ft. Lauderdale Beach found the points required to be slightly lower than the Connexions portal.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:37 am

With the new Expedia portal, is there a way to make a booking over the phone? I was doing some test multicity international bookings, and quite frankly the new portal sucks for that (no option to choose the flights separately, no way to exclude basic economy, etc)
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:32 am
RNE

Is Disney there?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Is Disney there?
....any ones in particular....alot of Resorts come up...
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:32 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Question may pertain to this:

No More UR Redemptions for ANYTHING Disney

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.