Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase credit travel portal transitions to Expedia [Transition Complete]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase credit travel portal transitions to Expedia [Transition Complete]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Super Mario
I hope I can start to book cruises on the website. I can't stand having to book it by phone.
Who does Connexions use to book their cruises and how has your experience been? I may be doing this in the next few days and I don't want to wait around for the switch to Expedia.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by pallhedge
Who does Connexions use to book their cruises and how has your experience been? I may be doing this in the next few days and I don't want to wait around for the switch to Expedia.
For additional info here are 9 posts I found that mention "cruise/s" from the Booking with....................UR pts thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sear...9&query=cruise If link doesn't work search that thread.

Last edited by philemer; Aug 15, 2018 at 7:44 pm
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Expedia doesn't always have better availability than Connexions - for example I frequently book flights on B2 via the current Chase portal operated by Connexions, but B2 flights are unavailable through Expedia.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by pallhedge
I'm not sure who they use. I just know that I have to call UR Travel, to do it by phone. The rep was competent, but it was a large amount of info to give by phone.
RNE likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:17 pm

I'm not sure who they use. I just know that I have to call UR Travel, to do it by phone. The rep was competent, but it was a large amount of info to give by phone.
Ok, thanks. When I booked a Disney World package, I got a detailed receipt from Funjet Vacations. I was just curious about who else they use.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not everything has to have a better value proposition to you. Perhaps it even saves Chase on costs, helping to keep their rewards programs profitable. The good thing is, there doesn't appear to be any negative. At least not yet.
I'm sure we will find out. I hope I can start to book cruises on the website. I can't stand having to book it by phone.
Have you actually booked thru UR for your cruise(s) yet? If so, how was the experience?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:41 am

I'd be curious to know if the refund/cancellation policy for airlines or hotels has changed or become more automated in any way. It'd be nice to book air tickets and still have the 24-hour rule apply in a easy fashion.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:52 pm

Does anyone know if you can get the additional 25% or 50% points (Preferred or or Reserve) value if you find a redemption available on the Freedom (Expedia) portal but not available on the Preferred / Reserve (Connexions) portal? Anyone successfully call to get the additional points credited to your account?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:09 pm

Freedom vs Reserve UR portal travel

Is it well known that the Reserve and Freedom have different search engines for travel?

For instance when looking up HKT to MEL one way on economy on 1/18/19, fares are doubled when looking at the Freedom UR page vs the Reserve UR page.
Reserve

Freedom
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:30 pm

Freedom now uses Expedia. The rest of the portfolio is still on the old provider.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by audio-nut
Freedom now uses Expedia. The rest of the portfolio is still on the old provider.
Interesting, I wonder if all of Chase will soon be Expedia?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Interesting, I wonder if all of Chase will soon be Expedia?
Yes, I have merged this into the existing thread. Scroll back to the first post and read forward.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
I wonder why Chase decided to make the switch with the Freedom cards. Since the Sapphire is a travel card it seems like it would have been the first to get changed since this is supposedly an improvement.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Could be that Freedom travel redemptions are low volume, which gives Expedia an opportunity for a soft start to test how their system integrates with Chase's -OR- could be that Chase's contract with Connexions has different expiration dates or terms for various brands.
SuperKirby, RNE and Super Mario like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Happy
Have you actually booked thru UR for your cruise(s) yet? If so, how was the experience?
It was as good as a phone booking can be. The rep was friendly and competent. I would much rather input all of that info online though.
SuperKirby likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.