Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Help Can't Set Up Chase Pay (conflict with FakeGPS app)

Old May 21, 2018, 7:56 am
Original Poster

it seems that on both my phones Chase Pay says both my phones are rooted or has malware and it won't let me set up Chase Pay and i don't know how to fix this.

I'm trying to link my Freedom card to Chase Pay for the Category Spending.

has anyone been able to get this to work and if so how?
Old May 21, 2018, 11:27 pm

Are your devices in fact rooted? If they are it's not going to work. Have you done a SafetyNet check on your devices? You probably need to start there. You should also take a look at any customization on your devices (launchers, apps, etc.) that may be triggering the denial by Chase Pay. It's difficult to say what may be happening without more information, but this all feels more like technical/device related issue than a Chase Pay issue.
Old May 23, 2018, 10:28 am

If its not rooted then it doesn't like an app(s) that you have installed -- for most people its Fake GPS so uninstall that or any other app that spoofs/modifies
Old May 23, 2018, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jatan
If its not rooted then it doesn't like an app(s) that you have installed -- for most people its Fake GPS so uninstall that or any other app that spoofs/modifies
i thought i uninstalled it and i didn't and now it works.

Last edited by wilmer007; May 23, 2018 at 5:48 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.